5 Minutes Left To Live

Adeel —

Was just reading the artical, "RIP: Rest in peace or ripped into pieces?" from issue 10 and it reminded me a little of this poem that I wrote.


[b]5 Minutes Left To Live [/b]


You have 5 minutes left to live

Says the whisper, I wish was a lie

You were fatally wounded

And now its time for you to die......


I slowly turn my head up towards the sky

Keep asking one question, why god why?...

But God doesnt reply.


I lay still in the darkness

Never have I felt so hopeless

No matter how much I try

No one comes to the call of my cry


I feel alot weaker now,

Not long left to go,

My vision becomes a blur

And slowly my mind begins to stir


I watch as my whole life

Flashes before my eyes,

Highlighting all the good deeds and the bad

Just like that dream, the one i never had


I now become afraid,

Of what lies ahead,

Please God...... Don't send me to that place

That place that I dread


But the thought comes too late

And I await my fate

And Once again, i hear the whisper

It tells me, that im dead........


Adeel Akhtar


Tags