Dedicated to the Muslim detainees everywhere

Showkat —

[b]Dedicated to the Muslim detainees everywhere


It’s another day

No different to yesterday

Locked up for twenty three hours

On my own

Alone


Away from humanity

Trying to drive me to insanity

All by myself

Like a Quran on a forgotten shelf


I refuse to be beaten

Mentally or psychologically

The games they play

While I’m in solitary

Messing with my head

And hope that I would go mad


They fear me

Even though I am locked up

Am I cannibal?

Like Hannibal?

Who needs to be kept away from others


It’s my mind and ideas that they fear

As they stay clear

Refuse to talk

But watch and stalk

Every move I make


Recording and making notes

Of every discussion and debate

I have with inmates

I can feel their eyes and hate

Watching over me

And wishing that I was dead


They believe the media

And swallow the lies

See me as an animal

That should be put down

And not locked away in a jail


Do I feel disheartened?

Despondent

And lonely

Quite the contrary

Actually

I feel Allah close by

Protecting me


I remember Yunus in the belly of the whale

And Yusuf in another prison

Different times and places

But the similarity is striking

And I keep on making

Dua to my one and only lord

This they cannot censor or record


I smile and pass my days counting

Until I meet my lord smiling

No regrets or shame

For what brought me to this place

And if I had another chance

I would gladly do it all over again

For Allah and my akhirah only[/b]


Tags