Is Weed REALLY haraam?

Replies?

My thought process:

1. The qur'an does not explicitly mention weed.
2. Weed does not "intoxicate" in the same manner as alcohol. (Or so I am told.) While one dulls the sense, the other makes you feel at peace and makes you ponder. about thing like the colour of the wall and maybe more.
3. In the current age of science, we know that most substances have an effect on the brain. All food, sugar, drinks, tea/coffee and other things containing substances such as caffiene.

So, I weed REALLY haraam?

You wrote:
Replies?

My thought process:

2. Weed does not "intoxicate" in the same manner as alcohol. (Or so I am told.) While one dulls the sense, the other makes you feel at peace and makes you ponder. about thing like the colour of the wall and maybe more.
3. In the current age of science, we know that most substances have an effect on the brain. All food, sugar, drinks, tea/coffee and other things containing substances such as caffiene.

I very clearly remember back in college some guy had been smoking it and he climbed onto of the gym roof (it was really high) and jumped off it. When he reached the bottom he just lay there motionless. Everyone thought he was dead. A few minutes later he just jumped up and ran away.

I think its haraam coz your not in the right frame of mind and your doing things you wouldnt normally do.

Apparently weed makes you really hungry so can aid in weight gain (thats what i meant when i said using weed for medicinal purposes).

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

You wrote:
Replies?

My thought process:

Weed most certainly DOES intoxicate. I know many people who have gone nuts because of nothing other than weed. My friend's older brother messed his life up because of it, another firned from school did the same. There was one guy at college who would literally go crazy after a few puffs. He would be fine after it wore off, and couldn't remember what had happened.

Dozens and dozens of my friends are wastemans purely because of weed. It can make you think deeply about things, but the negatives outweigh the positives by a lot.

I was speaking to a convert friend of mine. He said that smoking weed was what led him to Islam, because he would think deeply about things like his own creation, and the purpose of life etc. He has stopped since converting, because of fear of Allah (swt).

Caffeine doesn't intoxicate. Anyone who has drunk coffee knows this. However, a few centuries ago, when coffee was first developed as a drink in Cairo, there were still many disagreements between Scholars as to whether it was halal or not.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Does weed harm you? Yes. Is anything that harms the body without a good reason haram? Yes. Is weed haram? Yes, but Allah ho Allim. Please don't encourage people to take weed, oh it's illegal to supply so that would make it haram, as Islam doesn't say "O you who believe, smoke weed."

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

If the ruling is indirect or implicit, isn't the limit for it "Makruh Tehreemi"?

As for "Does it harm"? the answer would be "yes, but".

Not encouraging people to smoke it, and I myself have always thought it was haraam, but I am not sure if that is correct.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Very mature Omrow, you might as well say "yeah let's drink alcohol!"

And Admin, yes but what?

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

You wrote:
If the ruling is indirect or implicit, isn't the limit for it "Makruh Tehreemi"?

Surely only for things/acts that existed in the society at the time of the Prophet (saw), no?

With things that have been discovered/invented later, surely a 'haram' verdict can be given.

Weed and other drungs are only harmful to the body if you smoke/snort/inject etc over a course of time. The odd use wont cause memory loss or result in you becoming schizophrenic. Im am not doctor so please seek medical advice before indulging!

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Naz wrote:
Weed and other drungs are only harmful to the body if you smoke/snort/inject etc over a course of time. The odd use wont cause memory loss or result in you becoming schizophrenic. Im am not doctor so please seek medical advice before indulging!

the first time could be your last time.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Funzo wrote:

Not with weed. With heroin or something, them maybe.

@Naz, I've seen with my own eyes people have psychotic episodes because of one try of weed, actually.

Ya'qub wrote:
Funzo wrote:

@Naz, I've seen with my own eyes people have psychotic episodes because of one try of weed, actually.

someone close to me has changed his whole personallity due to it.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Funzo wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
Funzo wrote:

someone close to me has changed his whole personallity due to it.

Was it your invisible friend? Maybe schizophrenia really is possible...

(sorry for insensitive joke).

More seriously, don't worry, people change a lot at your age anyway, and whoever it is will grow out of it soon, insha'Allah.

i know how they feel, im finding it soooo hard to quit myself!

Behold...Me!

quit?

what exactly are you trying to quit? sniffing dib dab?

excuse me? dib dab? i dont follow

Behold...Me!

dont worry what are you trying to quite?
i think im going to have to put this in kid format
*EHEM*
YO WAS DA SHIZ YOU TRYING TO DROP LIKE ITS HOT? FOR SHIZZLE

okaay... now youve lost me completely

Behold...Me!

my slang must be a bit rusty what are you trying to give up?

you smoke weed?

yeah so what, who cares if you disobeying your lord as long as its fun right?

yeesh man! its a joke! you get wound up easy!i dont even know what weed is!

Behold...Me!

i put that in my post originally but i removed it, by the way weed is a drug.

duhhh... i just dont know what it looks like, im not very familiar with drugs

Behold...Me!

Sumaiya wrote:
i dont even know what weed is!

o come on! you knew what i meant! im not that dumb!

Behold...Me!

how the heck do i know?

Pages