Is Weed REALLY haraam?

196 posts / 0 new
Last post

Free gotta wrote:

the_truth wrote:

Free gotta wrote:

Actually I'm a scientist. I study human behavior. And no I don't smoke. You are completely mistaken. I said its not wrong to use it in a beneficial way. Please read that. Mental psychosis is not proven too. It goes half and half. They question that too. Also a lot of the people that do weed take a lot of other drugs. Or at least tried other drugs. That's why these things show up.  Opuim clearly intoxicates you. But can also used for good. Alcohol is clearly forbidden! Quran says that. Also the Quran does says something about for every disease the a natural cure. For every sickness the cure. Weed is proven to help you  in those cases. 

 

And brother/sister your really going over board with assumptions. It's really not right say these things about me. You don't no who I am personally but you have the mouth to say these things. Inshallah Allah will help us. Wether I'm right or your right

Well i grew up in a society where Cannabis is being used on a daily basis as a normal thing just like we have tea and biscuits. So i grew up around this stuff and know too well it harmful effects. On top of that it certainly does lead to the use of other drugs and vices as one haraam leads to another and i have seen so many people go from smoking cigarettes, to Cannabis and eventually cocaine.

Alcohol can also be used in a beneficial way but its harms outweigh its benefits and that is why it is forbidden even in small amounts, therefore again your logic is false.

I find it strange that a so called "human behavoural scientist" is naive to the effects that Cannabis has on the mental state of a person particularly of younger teenagers who use it before their brain has fully developed.

On top of that i have seen first hand what Cannabis does to the mental state and behaviour of people close to me who went from not using it at all, to using it a little and then eventually using it a lot.I also know people who have only used it once and that was enough for them to now take anti depressents everyday due to the adverse effect that one joint had on their mental state.

The evidence that Cannabis is linked to mental psychosis is overwhelming, even when it comes to "medical use". Therefore it is clear that you are very naive and uninformed of its effects to cognitive impairment.

Medical Marijuana linked to Cognitive Impairement:

 

http://youtu.be/HZcRdmZAn04

Well growing up in a town like that makes you totally bias. And for the hundredth time. Alcohol is forbidden. No one can deny that.

 

Well your right. If a teenage is smoking everyday it's definitely going to affect them. even if an adult does it it's going to affect them. that's the smoke that does that. Not the marijuana.

That's bs. All that you are saying is bias. The people close to you are using other stuff with the marijuana. That's a big no no. And all thesepeople are using it for pleasure. Not for beneficial purposes. 

YouTube videos don't really prove anything. These a thousand videos that say it messes you up and a thousand videos that's say it's good for you. The point I'm trying to say is I don't see anything wrong using it for a cure. Like a said before. 

 

Firstly can i ask you if you have never used Cannabis nor did you grow up around it then what is your experience of Cannabis? I ask because you seem to be very unaware and naive to the effects of Cannabis. 

It is also clear from your responses that you know nothing about the effects of Cannabis on cognitive impairment particularly on teenagers because if you did then you would know that teenagers in particular who use Cannabis are far more likely to experience cognitive impairment than adults because their brains are not yet fully developed.

So clearly you know nothing about the science related to Cannabis nor do you know what effects Cannabis has on a person.

You can check the credentials of the person who spoke in the video. Such a person actually has authority on the matter and therefore has more credibility to talk about the true efects of Cannabis than you or i.

On top of that you are totally unaware of the Islamic position regarding the use of haraam substances and instead of learning about it you are making your own conclusions and assumptions and in fact trying to make what is haraam as halaal.

So it is clear that you know nothing about the effects of Cannabis nor do you know anything about the effects Cannabis has on normal people, especially those who use it on a daily basis. On top of that you used verses from the Qur'an out of context to try and make what is haraam as halal and Allah has said about such people that they are cursed who twist his words and use them out of context like you did. Therefore you must repent sincerely immediately for doing such a thing.

 

All I'm trying to say don't use it for fun! But use it if you need it medically! Is that too hard for you to understand. Theres no point in this argument if you don't even what I mean. 

 

Yes iv it and seem many people use it. They got messed up. But they abused it. If you use it now and then it would t do anything to you. 

you keep saying I'm naive. You don't even have a point to argue anymore. So you trying to tell what or what I didn't no.  When you show me that the quran proves its haram. Saying you can't use it medically then you won till then I'm done. Thanks 

TPOS wrote:
If there was no alternative then you would have to use it. Normal medicine has side effects too and can be bad for u and some may have gelatine but if it's *the only* thing, then it's gotta be used. For example people can get high on morphine(that's the name right?) but in small doses it is needed for when someone is in serious pain. I'm not saying cannabis can be used as such because i know it's really not a cure - that's my point.

 

 

AGREED TOTALTTLY 

Free gotta wrote:

All I'm trying to say don't use it for fun! But use it if you need it medically! Is that too hard for you to understand. Theres no point in this argument if you don't even what I mean. 

 

Yes iv it and seem many people use it. They got messed up. But they abused it. If you use it now and then it would t do anything to you. 

you keep saying I'm naive. You don't even have a point to argue anymore. So you trying to tell what or what I didn't no.  When you show me that the quran proves its haram. Saying you can't use it medically then you won till then I'm done. Thanks 

The Islamic position is that no haraam substance can be used for medical purpose. Therefore if alcohol cannot be consumed for medical purpose then how can Cannabis be used for the same?

I have also proved that the use of medical Cannabis is linked to congitive impairment. This you have not been able to disaprove at all.

Therefore your points are irrelevant.

TPOS wrote:
If there was no alternative then you would have to use it. Normal medicine has side effects too and can be bad for u and some may have gelatine but if it's *the only* thing, then it's gotta be used. For example people can get high on morphine(that's the name right?) but in small doses it is needed for when someone is in serious pain. I'm not saying cannabis can be used as such because i know it's really not a cure - that's my point.

Cannabis use is no cure for anything. It is used to alleviate symptoms of certain diseases by some doctors but it is poven that it does more harm than good as i have mentioned its medical use is linked to cognitive impairment. So it is the same as alcohol in that there may be a little benefit from it but the harms outweigh the good. On top of that it is not pwermissable to use any intoxicating substances for medical reasons just like it is not permissable to take alcohol for medical reasons.

 

And Allah knows best in all matters

the_truth wrote:

Free gotta wrote:

All I'm trying to say don't use it for fun! But use it if you need it medically! Is that too hard for you to understand. Theres no point in this argument if you don't even what I mean. 

 

Yes iv it and seem many people use it. They got messed up. But they abused it. If you use it now and then it would t do anything to you. 

you keep saying I'm naive. You don't even have a point to argue anymore. So you trying to tell what or what I didn't no.  When you show me that the quran proves its haram. Saying you can't use it medically then you won till then I'm done. Thanks 

The Islamic position is that no haraam substance can be used for medical purpose. Therefore if alcohol cannot be consumed for medical purpose then how can Cannabis be used for the same?

I have also proved that the use of medical Cannabis is linked to congitive impairment. This you have not been able to disaprove at all.

Therefore your points are irrelevant.

THE QURAN SAYS ALCOHOL IS HARAM!!!!!! 

Jusst look at the comments on the video. Shows the video is not 100% true

Free gotta wrote:

the_truth wrote:

Free gotta wrote:

All I'm trying to say don't use it for fun! But use it if you need it medically! Is that too hard for you to understand. Theres no point in this argument if you don't even what I mean. 

 

Yes iv it and seem many people use it. They got messed up. But they abused it. If you use it now and then it would t do anything to you. 

you keep saying I'm naive. You don't even have a point to argue anymore. So you trying to tell what or what I didn't no.  When you show me that the quran proves its haram. Saying you can't use it medically then you won till then I'm done. Thanks 

The Islamic position is that no haraam substance can be used for medical purpose. Therefore if alcohol cannot be consumed for medical purpose then how can Cannabis be used for the same?

I have also proved that the use of medical Cannabis is linked to congitive impairment. This you have not been able to disaprove at all.

Therefore your points are irrelevant.

THE QURAN SAYS ALCOHOL IS HARAM!!!!!! 

Jusst look at the comments on the video. Shows the video is not 100% true

The Qur'an also says ALL intoxicants are haraam.

Comments made about any video have no relevance or credibility as you will always find random people saying negative things about any video.

What matters is that the person who made the video is fully qualified medical physician and has the credentials to take such a position on the use of medical Cannabis .

His position on the matter of medical Cannabis use is therefore authoritative and your opinion is merely your own which is not backed up by Islam nor by medical studies and is therefore baseless. nd should be rejected. 

the_truth wrote:

TPOS wrote:
If there was no alternative then you would have to use it. Normal medicine has side effects too and can be bad for u and some may have gelatine but if it's *the only* thing, then it's gotta be used. For example people can get high on morphine(that's the name right?) but in small doses it is needed for when someone is in serious pain. I'm not saying cannabis can be used as such because i know it's really not a cure - that's my point.

Cannabis use is no cure for anything. It is used to alleviate symptoms of certain diseases by some doctors but it is poven that it does more harm than good as i have mentioned its medical use is linked to cognitive impairment. So it is the same as alcohol in that there may be a little benefit from it but the harms outweigh the good. On top of that it is not pwermissable to use any intoxicating substances for medical reasons just like it is not permissable to take alcohol for medical reasons.

 

And Allah knows best in all matters

He Almighty also says: “From within their (i.e. the bees) bellies comes forth a fluid of many hues, that provides people with a cure (of illnesses)” (An-Nahl: 69)

 
 
You right Allah knows best

the_truth wrote:

TPOS wrote:
If there was no alternative then you would have to use it. Normal medicine has side effects too and can be bad for u and some may have gelatine but if it's *the only* thing, then it's gotta be used. For example people can get high on morphine(that's the name right?) but in small doses it is needed for when someone is in serious pain. I'm not saying cannabis can be used as such because i know it's really not a cure - that's my point.

Cannabis use is no cure for anything. It is used to alleviate symptoms of certain diseases by some doctors but it is poven that it does more harm than good as i have mentioned its medical use is linked to cognitive impairment. So it is the same as alcohol in that there may be a little benefit from it but the harms outweigh the good. On top of that it is not pwermissable to use any intoxicating substances for medical reasons just like it is not permissable to take alcohol for medical reasons.

 

And Allah knows best in all matters

He Almighty also says: “From within their (i.e. the bees) bellies comes forth a fluid of many hues, that provides people with a cure (of illnesses)” (An-Nahl: 69)

 
 
You right Allah knows best

What does a Qur'anic verse referring to honey have to do with our discussion?

the_truth wrote:

TPOS wrote:
If there was no alternative then you would have to use it. Normal medicine has side effects too and can be bad for u and some may have gelatine but if it's *the only* thing, then it's gotta be used. For example people can get high on morphine(that's the name right?) but in small doses it is needed for when someone is in serious pain. I'm not saying cannabis can be used as such because i know it's really not a cure - that's my point.

Cannabis use is no cure for anything. It is used to alleviate symptoms of certain diseases by some doctors but it is poven that it does more harm than good as i have mentioned its medical use is linked to cognitive impairment. So it is the same as alcohol in that there may be a little benefit from it but the harms outweigh the good. On top of that it is not pwermissable to use any intoxicating substances for medical reasons just like it is not permissable to take alcohol for medical reasons.

 

And Allah knows best in all matters


Ermm you totally missed my point.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

TPOS wrote:
the_truth wrote:

TPOS wrote:
If there was no alternative then you would have to use it. Normal medicine has side effects too and can be bad for u and some may have gelatine but if it's *the only* thing, then it's gotta be used. For example people can get high on morphine(that's the name right?) but in small doses it is needed for when someone is in serious pain. I'm not saying cannabis can be used as such because i know it's really not a cure - that's my point.

Cannabis use is no cure for anything. It is used to alleviate symptoms of certain diseases by some doctors but it is poven that it does more harm than good as i have mentioned its medical use is linked to cognitive impairment. So it is the same as alcohol in that there may be a little benefit from it but the harms outweigh the good. On top of that it is not pwermissable to use any intoxicating substances for medical reasons just like it is not permissable to take alcohol for medical reasons.

 

And Allah knows best in all matters

Ermm you totally missed my point.

 

I got your point but it does not apply to Cannabis as that is what this discussion is about.

U must've missed the last line of my post.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

TPOS wrote:
U must've missed the last line of my post.

But your last line contradicts your first line: "If there was no alternative then you would have to use it".

If what you said does not apply to Cannabis then why make the above statement? It is misleading and may make many who read it go right ahead and think it is acceptable to use it for medical reasons when it is clearly not. We should really be careful before making such statements.

Like I said you misunderstood my point.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

TPOS wrote:
Like I said you misunderstood my point.

Exactly why I gave up. This person doesn't understand anything you say and is not very open minded.

TPOS wrote:
Like I said you misunderstood my point.

 

Then please explain yourself...

Free gotta wrote:

TPOS wrote:
Like I said you misunderstood my point.

Exactly why I gave up. This person doesn't understand anything you say and is not very open minded.

 

That is coming from someone who tries to twist and change the meanings of verses from the Qur'an to try and prove that weed is permissable.

 

the_truth wrote:

Free gotta wrote:

TPOS wrote:
Like I said you misunderstood my point.

Exactly why I gave up. This person doesn't understand anything you say and is not very open minded.

 

That is coming from someone who tries to twist and change the meanings of verses from the Qur'an to try and prove that weed is permissable.

 

nothing was twisted. Your the one twisting what I am saying

the_truth wrote:

Free gotta wrote:

TPOS wrote:
Like I said you misunderstood my point.

Exactly why I gave up. This person doesn't understand anything you say and is not very open minded.

 

That is coming from someone who tries to twist and change the meanings of verses from the Qur'an to try and prove that weed is permissable.

 

nothing was twisted. Your the one twisting what I am saying

Free gotta wrote:

the_truth wrote:

Free gotta wrote:

TPOS wrote:
Like I said you misunderstood my point.

Exactly why I gave up. This person doesn't understand anything you say and is not very open minded.

 

That is coming from someone who tries to twist and change the meanings of verses from the Qur'an to try and prove that weed is permissable.

 

nothing was twisted. Your the one twisting what I am saying

And if Im wrong I ask for Allah's mercy. But I really do believe it's fine for purposes that benefit you. 

And if I offended or said something wrong to you I'm sorry and please forgive me

Free gotta wrote:

the_truth wrote:

Free gotta wrote:

TPOS wrote:
Like I said you misunderstood my point.

Exactly why I gave up. This person doesn't understand anything you say and is not very open minded.

 

That is coming from someone who tries to twist and change the meanings of verses from the Qur'an to try and prove that weed is permissable.

 

nothing was twisted. Your the one twisting what I am saying

 

It is clear for all to see the way you have used verses from the Qur'an completely out of context. Yoiu are the one who has tried to twist the words of Allah.

Free gotta wrote:

Free gotta wrote:

the_truth wrote:

Free gotta wrote:

TPOS wrote:
Like I said you misunderstood my point.

Exactly why I gave up. This person doesn't understand anything you say and is not very open minded.

 

That is coming from someone who tries to twist and change the meanings of verses from the Qur'an to try and prove that weed is permissable.

 

nothing was twisted. Your the one twisting what I am saying

And if Im wrong I ask for Allah's mercy. But I really do believe it's fine for purposes that benefit you. 

And if I offended or said something wrong to you I'm sorry and please forgive me

Anyone reading your posts can clearly see that you have used verses from the Qur'an completely out of context. That is a major sin and abominationto twist the meanings of the word of Allah to suit your desires.

You must never do such a thing again, repent sincerely with utter remorse and regret and make sincere intention never to repeat such a sin again as Allah has cursed those who twist his words to suit their desires.

a lot of extremism here (on both sides) as far as i can tell.

 

why do so many Muslims only ever seem to be able to see in black and white?

It's like they think the world is a kid's story or something...

 

plus its boring going to and fro hurling hadiths and quranic verses at each other as if they were meant to be treated with so little respect/constraint.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

I came across this today- it's related to this topic.

 

All you ignorent people!!! Weed has been around probably since Babalon empire but not once mentioned in holly Quran to be forbidden!!! I know, all you ignorant people will point to Surah 5 vs 90 lol how predictable dumb bunch. So lets see the word all the ignorent scholars who translates it as "intoxicants"  just because that's what they feel is right but may Allah SWA have mercy on them for changing his word into what they feel to be right. The arabic word in the holly Quran is "Khamr" or "Khamrah" which clearly ONLY means Alcohol and or wine NOT all intoxication!!! So all you people please stop preaching what you believe is right because I don't give a shiiiii usthugfirullah!!! You guys almost make me wanna go there. At the end if you can't see things clearly the to you I say "to you is your believes and to me is mine" may Allah swa bless you all.

Ooft. Watch your use of the term 'ignorant'. There are certain words that we use that could be and are, a means of our own destruction.

 

Yikes, wrong on all accounts. Read up on the real latest science. Everything you said is nonsense. You can't have a subjective opinion on something you don't do yourself, and it's clear you don't and haven't eaten or smoked cannabis. Just flat out wrong, amazing.

I dont understand why this subject is taboo? Why should it be taboo? We define weed as Cannabis or marijuana. Im sure there are any number of other more colourful names for it and a fair few different strains. But thats not the point.

Weed has a chemical makeup of roughly 483 known compounds in the plant, of which 84 are known to act on the central nervous system. To be precese these compounds are known to have psychoactive propertys. But thats not the point.

Its a well known fact that weed affects your mood, make you feel relaxed or euphoric. Even give you a case of the munchies. Would you not therefore say thats a pretty big physical and psychological affect. But thats not the point.

Alchol; which is infact a legal drug causes all sorts of major problems and is FAR more addictive than Weed. The UK government alone makes something like £14 billion in revenue from taxing alchol. Yet they spend less than £3 billion on helping people with alcohol problems. That seem right to you? Alcohol also affects the mind and senses, not in the same way weed does. Alcohol makes poeple loose their inhibitions and self control. But thats not my point.

Im not an imam, im not a Peer, sheikh or a scholar. Im a simple man who believes thats Islam is a simple religion. Its people who over-complicate things. The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: "Every intoxicant is prohibited." al-Bukhari). As i understand it, weed intoxicates the user and therefore ipso facto columbo weed is prohibited. For me its that simple. Im not a preacher i cant tell you whats what. But the above logic is enough for me to believe weed is haram.... and thats my point.

Back in BLACK

Pages