Prayer | advice needed!

46 posts / 0 new
Last post

Wa alaikum as salam Biggrin (smiling is sunnah)

So true about fitting everything else around salat, it's become a habit for me now. It can be hard at times but then i think salat takes priority. Some of my friends and family are a bit annoyed by it now actually.

I have to do everything between salat times now lol. I find though that Allah makes it easy for you though if you make the effort. Right now for example i can get loads of sleep and then wake up for Fajr as long as i make an effort to sleep slightly early (stops me from going out late too). Also gym either after dhuhr or after maghrib, you wanna go out shopping or for food? It's gotta be after salat. Plus salat only takes a few mins but i'd rather not rush it, it could be my last prayer and i try to imagine Allah is in front of me.

Lucky for you i'm cutting this short lol, time for maghrib.

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

Ahhh.. well said! I guess I really should start to make more of an effort rather than suggesting it but not really doing nowt about it :/ It's not that hard actually.. just need to be submitted to pray I suppose.. anyways jazakhallah for that!

Saalam Biggrin

Foysol89 wrote:
Wa alaikum as salam Biggrin (smiling is sunnah)

So true about fitting everything else around salat, it's become a habit for me now. It can be hard at times but then i think salat takes priority. Some of my friends and family are a bit annoyed by it now actually.

I have to do everything between salat times now lol. I find though that Allah makes it easy for you though if you make the effort. Right now for example i can get loads of sleep and then wake up for Fajr as long as i make an effort to sleep slightly early (stops me from going out late too). Also gym either after dhuhr or after maghrib, you wanna go out shopping or for food? It's gotta be after salat. Plus salat only takes a few mins but i'd rather not rush it, it could be my last prayer and i try to imagine Allah is in front of me.

Lucky for you i'm cutting this short lol, time for maghrib.

Glad ur still around at all.

Thanks for the reminders everyone.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Wa iyyak Biggrin

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:

Yeah i'm glad i'm still alive too Wink thanks lol

Foysol89 wrote:

Yeah i'm glad i'm still alive too Wink thanks lol

lol Alhamdulillah

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

malik wrote:
We Shia Muslims read prayers 3 times a day, unlike Sunni Muslim who read at 5 different times during the day.

At 6am we read one prayer.

At 2pm we read both prayers together, combining them at one time.

At 10pm we read both prayers together, combining them at one time.

This facility is what Prophet (pbuh) gave to all Muslims.

when travelling

Don't just do something! Stand there.

reminded me of some practical advice all of us forgot to give you.

Yes you MUST read all 5 prayers

but if you're just starting to get into the habit of all 5 then maybe you should read one consistently first, then when that becomes a habit, 2, then 3 and so on. It may be hard for you to suddenly read all of them and make it a habit and OF COURSE I'm not saying stop reading any that you already read sometimes. Or like if you're concentrating on making 2 a habit but one day feel like reading the rest, to not read them. obviously. But just saying dont get too worried and and dont feel negative if you're not able to do it so quickly, it will be work in progress, just work on it.

A busy life makes Prayers harder, but prayers make a hard and busy life easier,
so lets keep praying and remember each other in our duas!

A busy life makes Prayers harder, but prayers make a hard and busy life easier,
so lets keep praying and remember each other in our duas!

InshAllah... & true say!

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYB_9U29-4c&feature=youtube_gdata_player]

Short video but a very good reminder about why we pray and why we don't pray

SubhanAllah..

I especially loved the part when he defined how we pray for ourselves and that Allah don't need us, but we need him.. really motivating Smile

Jazakhallah khair for sharing this clip.. Biggrin

Wa iyyak Biggrin

"It's not an alarm clock which wakes you up for fajr, but imaan"

"It's not an alarm clock which wakes you up for fajr, but imaan"

I like the sound of this. I'll just update it onto my Facebook.

Pages