ARE KHATAMS JAAIZ?

89 posts / 0 new
Last post

med
who are these people of innovation you keep referring to? the deobandis?

i dont do khatams, have been to a few, but i have to say most of your points criticising them are laughable.."ppl do intermingling and gossip at khatms" Biggrin is that the best you can do.

from my understanding the purpose of a khtam is e-saal-e-sawaab...to pray for the dead, to read upon them etc... no food is really necessary, no big gathering is really necessary, no specific day or date is necessary. the idea is to make dua and recite for the dead to benefit them.

I dont know of anyone who goes there to gossip, intermix etc...this is in Meds imagination, like most things he comes out with.

personally i dont really agree with any specific day...but again if it is a bidah, it would be hassanah and not sayyiah...because it is done for the sake of isaal-e-sawaab which has evidence in teh quran and sunnah. the acts of reciting quran, making dua, food etc are totally permissible acts

SOME PEOPLE JUST LIKE TO ACCUSE EVRYONE OF BIDAH, JUST LIKE TO FEEL AS IF THEY ARE THE PERFECT MUSLIMS AND OTHERS ARE JUST INNOVATORS. THESE ARE THE SAME PEOPLE WHO DO THE INNOVATION OF THE 40 DAY TABLIGH THING...DID THE PROPHET (SAW) DO THAT...ERRMMM..NO...BUT THAT BIDAH HASANAH IS OK FOR THEM...BUT IF OTHERS DO BIDAH HASANAH...THEN THE FATWA MACHINE COMES OUT!

"Med" wrote:
the truth abt the thursday khatam.

I maintained silence but the ancestor worship and saint worship that ppl are doing is condemnable and should be shunned. It is believed by the people of innovation that on the friday night (night between thursday and friday) the souls of the dead visit their homes and the homes of their relatives. On arriving at the house they are pleased to see their relatives making their favourite dishes. Also it is believed by the people of Innovation that Laylatul Bara'ah is the night of teh dead when all the deceased souls are released and visit the houses of their deceased relatives.

wrong.

First Laylatul bara'ah is for the living. Its he night of salvation. An excuse for us to pray and apologise for our actions over the past year, and intend to try and improve over the next.

The favourite dishes of the dead? u crazy? if ur relatives do that, u in one crazy family. The food is for the living. Got nothing with the dead.

The dua is not compulsory, but a nice thing to do. So the argument against it is that too manty people do it? heh that is like saying we should ban salaah as some people pray all night! Your argument is just as ludicrous.

Intermingling? separate place for men and women, unless it is just the close (nuclear) family.

wastage of food? I see all those landfills full of them. Oh, wait! the unfinished food is distributed so as not to waste it!

Suppiosedly for reading, but ised for gossip; so you know the intentions of all those who go? how many have you been to? If people gossip, its the person's fult, not the event's. (Some people sin in mosques. by your logic, the solution: lets ban mosques!)

people abuse you for not going due to your attitude, not your lack of attendance. I never attend any fuctions myself. Noone ever tells me how dare i not attend! how big a sinner I am... laddy daa..

On the pther hand if someone invites you to a good thing, and you or i refuse, that does lead to disapointment. After all the person was doing a good deed, that another rejected. that is different from rejection.

You have not fulfilled any duty as your whole base of comparison is wrong and rotting.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

good one Mr Admin

u answered all the assuptions of the people of assumptions/extremism and generalisation

"Truth has come and falsehood has perished, for falsehood by its very nature is doomed to perish"

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
good one Mr Admin

u answered all the assuptions of the people of assumptions/extremism and generalisation

"Truth has come and falsehood has perished, for falsehood by its very nature is doomed to perish"

lol

nice one

i think meds false statements have been corrected by the above posts

"naj" wrote:
"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

angel has kindly gone to the extent to provide evidence that it isnt, weve all backed our views........now can you back yours please?
!

what u've backed u'r views? with what?cant see any evidence from u hayder i admit i got no proof to show u right, why dont u be nice and tell me where its stated the 40th 3rd thurday night khatams are part of the islamic shariah.

i dont need to, MuslimSis and Angel have done it ...oh jus noticed, Admin has as well

"naj" wrote:

im clearly say i aint in a position to show u proof

then how can you say its bidah? ok, u can say you dont agree with it - thats diffrent

but to say its bidah, ur accusing some of us here for something u aint too sure on

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Med" wrote:

saint worship that ppl are doing is condemnable and should be shunned. It is believed by the people of innovation

I have outlined fully my stance, u will not take it but I have alhamdulillah fulfilled my duty.

K, Salaam

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Naj I will grudgingly entitle you to your opinion.

However Med's opinion is false.

Noone worships saints. If they do, med can you provide proof?

oh, and if you dad/mum/aunt/uncle/grandparent died, and you asked a friend/cousin to read the qur'an for eethal e thawaab, and he refused, would you be angry?

I would. Not because its not allowed for ti not read, but because of the sentiment.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Okie dokie, I have just bout had enough! Why the hell are some ppl goin bout bidah this bidah that?
If your so bloody concerned bout bidah why the hell you sittin on the net for, that is a bidah and some members here who are so concerned with Bidah don’t talk bout islam only but go off topic (I knw I do but I aint the one shoutin bidah) so I if you wana learn bout islam without bidah I sugest you leave the forums and learn strictly from books and scholars, cuz this is Bidah! :roll:

Also the Quran was compiled in a book form before ppl use to memorise it or write on leaves and stones but it was in a book form so islam could be carried on and spread!

Bidah this bidah that is getin to my head, people don’t even know the meanin of the word yet they love using it soo much!

I know that’s harsh but I am just letting my mood take the better of me but the things I have said are true!

very true indeedy

the people who love the terms bidah and shirk (u knw who u are Wink ), quite funnly enuff, are the ones who think posting on this forum is HARAAAAAAAAAAM

yet they post everyday and they aint even discussing Islaam most of the time, jus chit-chatting, again HARAAAAAAAAM!

aaaah that felt good Smile

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

salams *jumps on the scene* cant believe what u said * in response to Omrow* .. none of the salaf-e-saliheen ever attended a gathering or graced the gathering of Meelad. Infact the Ummah remained free of gatherings of meelad for 6 centuries. so are u saying the sahaba's did not love the Prophet because the did not participate in meelads??? nauthubillah... even the likes of imam Abu Hanifa n Imam Ghazali did nt celebrate Mawlid... and no1 can claim in this time and age they love the prophet saw more than they loved him.... thats all i got 2 say 4 d mo..... hey Wagwaaaaanzzzz mastCurry!!! haha

Gossip is the most destructive thing in the universe...

"ALquds" wrote:
salams *jumps on the scene* cant believe what u said * in response to Omrow* .. none of the salaf-e-saliheen ever attended a gathering or graced the gathering of Meelad. Infact the Ummah remained free of gatherings of meelad for 6 centuries. so are u saying the sahaba's did not love the Prophet because the did not participate in meelads??? nauthubillah... even the likes of imam Abu Hanifa n Imam Ghazali did nt celebrate Mawlid... and no1 can claim in this time and age they love the prophet saw more than they loved him.... thats all i got 2 say 4 d mo..... hey Wagwaaaaanzzzz mastCurry!!! haha

its kuri khota! not curry!! *claps* hehe good one,like what you said.

Actions speak louder than words!

whateva.....alquds maybe u shouldnt voice your say since ppl cant take other ppls beliefs

"naj" wrote:
whateva.....alquds maybe u shouldnt voice your say since ppl cant take other ppls beliefs

yeah b4 they start screwing at you2!

"]

"naj" wrote:
why dont u be nice and tell me where its stated the 40th 3rd thurday night khatams are part of the islamic shariah.

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
[i dont need to, MuslimSis and Angel have done it ...oh jus noticed, Admin has as well!

actually what i asked U hasnt been answered from anyone, its funny how u have a problem when i agree with ppl, but u dont think twice and agree with ppl yourself..hypocrisy what else

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
then how can you say its bidah? ok, u can say you dont agree with it - thats diffrent!

i believe my respected scholars alhamdulillah, they have reasons for claiming its bidah....just the way u follow your scholar, whether i say i dont agree or call it bidah is the same as the reason for me not agreeing is coz i believe its bidah.

well they can screw at me cz im against mawlid raves as so much fitna goes on in em... well regarding the khatam Almighty Allah Taãla states in the Noble Qurãn o you who believe!! Obey Allah and His Rasul'.

The life of the Prophet saw is indeed the best example for us to follow. During the time of the Prophet many of his family members, his wives, daughters, uncles and his illustrious companions left the world whilst engaged in the most noble work and effort of uplifting the religion of Islam. Despite the Prophet's deep
love for them, he did not (on any single occasion) commemorate the innovative custom of 7 days, 40 days, 100 days, etc.

The Hadith is clear, in that, the immediate family should mourn for three days. There is no basis in the Shariáh to mourn any Muslimz death at
intervals of 7 days, etc.

Yash your right

Edit-post deleted.

What i find funny is this, it's ramadan and we have muslims on both sides arguing with each other in a detestable way thinking one is better than the other. A battle of egos, it's not even worth debating. If you're really concerned about this topic, then battle it out with a scholar, and bring your evidences, because he will ask for it. The topic is at a dead end here.

"ALquds" wrote:
well they can screw at me cz im against mawlid raves as so much fitna goes on in em... well regarding the khatam Almighty Allah Taãla states in the Noble Qurãn o you who believe!! Obey Allah and His Rasul'.

The life of the Prophet saw is indeed the best example for us to follow. During the time of the Prophet many of his family members, his wives, daughters, uncles and his illustrious companions left the world whilst engaged in the most noble work and effort of uplifting the religion of Islam. Despite the Prophet's deep
love for them, he did not (on any single occasion) commemorate the innovative custom of 7 days, 40 days, 100 days, etc.

The Hadith is clear, in that, the immediate family should mourn for three days. There is no basis in the Shariáh to mourn any Muslimz death at

exactly the same thing im trying to get across

"ALquds" wrote:

Can u give me a reference to the above because i didnt really think mourning a death had a time limit....btw how is sending rewards to the deceased by readin Quran etc for them classified as mourning?

commemorate is a better word..
i dnt have d refrence from the top of me head... the bid'a that consists in some khatha gatherings today non of which was practiced by the sahabas as it was non existnt:-
1. a molvi has to read over the food
2. general masses believe that if the khatam is nt made in this way, then the reward does nt reach the deceased-our prophet never advocated or teach such metthods.
4.one of the worst things that is practiced at these functions is that the molvi who is called to recite this khatam over the food takes some of the food with him in return of his 'services'..if the molvi does not read the khatam, he is deprieved of the food.ther is no reward 4 those whe recite the Qur'an in exchange for something.
5. in some places no one is allowed to partake of the food until the khatam is read over it. at times when the molvi is delayed then even the crying childeren who cry out of hunger r deprived.

i acn go on n on...

here r some sunnah method of isaa-e-thawab in brief as follows:-
1.dua and istighfar may be regurlarly made for ones deceased buzrugs n friends.
2. as much as possible 1 may recite durood shareef, make tilawaat etc and convey the isaale thawaab to the deceased.
3. nafl salaat, fasting, hajj n qurbani may also be conveyed
4. sadaqa n charity may also b conveyed bt there is no specific time n place for the execution of this. neither shoud the peperation of food b specified in this...

This is the the method of issal e thawaab which was taught by us by our prophet saw and practiced by the salaf e saaliheen

[b]1774. Zainab bint Abu Salamah (May Allah be pleased with them) said: I went to Umm Habibah (May Allah be pleased with her) the wife of the Prophet (PBUH), when her father Abu Sufyan bin Harb (May Allah be pleased with him) died. Umm Habibah (May Allah be pleased with her) sent for a yellow coloured perfume or something else like it, and she applied it to a slave-girl and then rubbed it on her own cheeks and said: "By Allah, I have no need for perfume, I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying from the pulpit, `It is not permissible for a woman who believes in Allah and the Last Day to mourn for the dead beyond three days, except for the death of her husband; in which case the period of mourning is of four months and ten days.''' Zainab said: I then visited Zainab, daughter of Jahsh (May Allah be pleased with her) when her brother died; she sent for perfume and applied it and then said: "Beware! By Allah, I don't feel any need of perfume but I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying from the pulpit, `It is not permissible for a woman who believes in Allah and the Last Day to mourn the dead beyond three days except in case of her husband (for whom the period is) four months and ten days.'''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim][/b]

[b]Commentary[/b]: The period of mourning the husband's death is four months and ten days while ordinarily it is three days only (for others). The reasons behind mourning the dead husband is: Firstly, the purification of womb. Secondly, it is a mark of respect for the relation and love between husband and wife. The scent which was used in the two incidents reported in this Hadith occurred after the stipulated period of mourning in ordinary cases - that is three days. After the expiry of the mourning period, the woman is allowed to resume her routine. The Hadith mentions the man's right over his wife after his death; it also shows the importance of conjugal ties in Islam.

Ref:

also see:

you can only mourn for 3 days. [edit] Or longer for your spouse, as Yashmaki has pointed out above. [/edit]

However a 'khatm' is not mourning. It is at times used as comemoration.

besides that is not the only time to have 'khatm'. whenever you have friends around and are about to eat, just do a collective dua. That is 'khatm'.

Salaam Alaikum, I'm Kashif from cheetham hill.

I've alhamdulilah read through this looooong 3 page thread and its been

educating along with interesting. Inshallaah I hope we all have a better

understanding by going off what our Prophet Mohammed 'pbuh' has left us

with 2 things, the Quran and the Sunnah.

my words are dead I give them life with my blood.

"ALquds" wrote:

MashaALLAH AlQuds bro. May ALLAH increase you in imaan, islaam and ihsaan.

Mawlid raves? thats a gud one.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"ALquds" wrote:
commemorate is a better word..
i dnt have d refrence from the top of me head... the bid'a that consists in some khatha gatherings today non of which was practiced by the sahabas as it was non existnt:-
1. a molvi has to read over the food
2. general masses believe that if the khatam is nt made in this way, then the reward does nt reach the deceased-our prophet never advocated or teach such metthods.
4.one of the worst things that is practiced at these functions is that the molvi who is called to recite this khatam over the food takes some of the food with him in return of his 'services'..if the molvi does not read the khatam, he is deprieved of the food.ther is no reward 4 those whe recite the Qur'an in exchange for something.
5. in some places no one is allowed to partake of the food until the khatam is read over it. at times when the molvi is delayed then even the crying childeren who cry out of hunger r deprived.

i acn go on n on...

here r some sunnah method of isaa-e-thawab in brief as follows:-
1.dua and istighfar may be regurlarly made for ones deceased buzrugs n friends.
2. as much as possible 1 may recite durood shareef, make tilawaat etc and convey the isaale thawaab to the deceased.
3. nafl salaat, fasting, hajj n qurbani may also be conveyed
4. sadaqa n charity may also b conveyed bt there is no specific time n place for the execution of this. neither shoud the peperation of food b specified in this...

This is the the method of issal e thawaab which was taught by us by our prophet saw and practiced by the salaf e saaliheen

MashaALLAH!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

I aint been to no raves. where are they? can I get an invite?

You see, you assume, and then condemn the actions in that assumption. But those assumptions are wrong.

Anyone can read dua. Does not have to be a scholar. In time of Sahaba, knowledge was not confined to the few.
noone believes that is the only way.
Food given to the 'molvi'; I see nothing wrong with that. It probably is done. All attendees should be fed.
would you eat without reading Bismillah? I would not... Am I depriving myself of nourishment by reading Bismillah before eating? In the same way, people do dua first. Now they can delay it, or they can not. Their choice. Kids cry anyway. just a fact of life.

"ALquds" wrote:
well they can screw at me cz im against mawlid raves as so much fitna goes on in em... .

fitna nowadays takes place in mosques too

outside mosque after tarawih

in mosques when classes are going on

so should people stop attending tarawih and going to mosques to seek islamic knowldge? :roll: :roll:

"Med" wrote:
"ALquds" wrote:

MashaALLAH AlQuds bro. May ALLAH increase you in imaan, islaam and ihsaan.

Mawlid raves? thats a gud one.

no that was very stupid, i celebrate the birth of the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) but i dont see how it can be considered to be Mawlid raves?! (sine you have been to so many Mawlid "raves", explain what you saw at them to be considered as "raves"... crazy loonies on this forum.

Pages