Female version of Baba Ali?!

37 posts / 0 new
Last post

So when did you start thinking doing this? And what are your plans so far? Will it be an individual thing or will there be a group of you?

s.b.f wrote:
So when did you start thinking doing this? And what are your plans so far? Will it be an individual thing or will there be a group of you?

Well, I've been thinking about it for some time now, I just didnt know whether it was a good idea and had no idea where to start and what to talk about. Theres so many issues , and if I'm going to post this up and net I need to be careful of a lot of things because I dont want to offend anyone. So..atm I'm just waiting for uni to finish so I can begin writing up ideas.

Is just me, not a group. I don't want anyone to know what I am doing...its nothing big, just a camera and my room lol. Biggrin But bring on the ideasss pleaseee..Because I know males have a lot of say in regards to women etc..

I say go for it!! ill definitely watch it!!^_^
Ill be your guest! Blum 3

Mashallah I think this is a great idea. Blum 3

The success of Baba Ali shows that it was needed and I think a 'female version' would be great. Anything which enlightens people and makes them think is great. It won't be everyone's cup of tea, just like Baba Ali isn't, but I think it's quite a courageous idea. I know I couldn't do it, so good on you for considering it. I think we really need more examples of muslim women in the 'media' and more seen to be doing dawah work to inshallah inspire others.

It would be great if it covered 'real' issues affecting youth (if that will be your primary audience), like Baba Ali does, and nothing too lecture-y. And drawing on your own experiences will be great, that will help make it interesting and also a little original.

The issues you've highlighted seem great, and feel free to build on them or get more opinions using the forum. And of course do keep us posted. Smile

I wonder what happened to this idea...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Pages