New years resolutions (2008)

124 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Naz" wrote:

Allah (swt) has given us the gift of intelligence. Each and everyone of us is capable of reading and understanding the Qur’an and sunnah yet most of look to a shaykh for answers. Why is this? We have to bear in mind these shaykhs are humans just like us and the information that they give us is THIER understand and interpretation of the Qur'an and sunnah. We should read them ourselves and draw our own conclusions as to what is right and wrong.

Worth a read, Naz

Shaykh Abdul-Qadir al-Jilani said:
You must work hard to ensure that your hearts are not locked out of the door of His nearness. Be sensible! You are getting nowhere. You must seek the company of a Shaikh who is learned in the law [hukm] and knowledge [`ilm] of Allah (Almighty and Glorious is He), and who will show you the way toward Him. Without seeing the successful [muflih], one cannot succeed. If a person does not seek the company of scholars who put their knowledge into practice [`ulama `ummal], he is a chicken from an egg abandoned by the rooster and the mother hen.

Seek the fellowship of those who enjoy fellowship with the Lord of Truth (Almighty and Glorious is He). What each of you should do, when the night has grown dark and people have gone to bed and their voices are silent, is get up, take an ablution [yatawadda'], perform two cycles of ritual prayer [yusalli rak`atain] and say: "O my Lord, guide me to one of Your righteous servants near to You, so that he may guide me toward You and make me familiar with Your path." The instrument [sabab] is necessary. Allah (Almighty and Glorious is He) was quite capable of guiding [His servants] to Him without the Prophets [anbiya']. Be sensible! You are getting nowhere. You must awaken from your heedless folly. As the Prophet has said:

[b]If someone relies entirely on his own subjective judgement, he will go astray. [/b]

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

"Bliss" wrote:
"Naz" wrote:

Allah (swt) has given us the gift of intelligence. Each and everyone of us is capable of reading and understanding the Qur’an and sunnah yet most of look to a shaykh for answers. Why is this? We have to bear in mind these shaykhs are humans just like us and the information that they give us is THIER understand and interpretation of the Qur'an and sunnah. We should read them ourselves and draw our own conclusions as to what is right and wrong.

Worth a read, Naz

Shaykh Abdul-Qadir al-Jilani said:
You must work hard to ensure that your hearts are not locked out of the door of His nearness. Be sensible! You are getting nowhere. You must seek the company of a Shaikh who is learned in the law [hukm] and knowledge [`ilm] of Allah (Almighty and Glorious is He), and who will show you the way toward Him. Without seeing the successful [muflih], one cannot succeed. If a person does not seek the company of scholars who put their knowledge into practice [`ulama `ummal], he is a chicken from an egg abandoned by the rooster and the mother hen.

Seek the fellowship of those who enjoy fellowship with the Lord of Truth (Almighty and Glorious is He). What each of you should do, when the night has grown dark and people have gone to bed and their voices are silent, is get up, take an ablution [yatawadda'], perform two cycles of ritual prayer [yusalli rak`atain] and say: "O my Lord, guide me to one of Your righteous servants near to You, so that he may guide me toward You and make me familiar with Your path." The instrument [sabab] is necessary. Allah (Almighty and Glorious is He) was quite capable of guiding [His servants] to Him without the Prophets [anbiya']. Be sensible! You are getting nowhere. You must awaken from your heedless folly. As the Prophet has said:

[b]If someone relies entirely on his own subjective judgement, he will go astray. [/b]

why thank you for that Bliss. It was a very interesting read.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

wednesday wrote:
Dr Who wrote:
strive to become a better Muslim, hence a better human being
get into year 1 of med school
get some clinical work experience

...inshallah

Guess why oh why I am smiling?

You have similar aspirations.

Back in BLACK

Pages