Can UK Sisters cook ?

The Radical Middle Way, Q-News, Utrujj and Islamic Circles present:

CAN'T COOK, WON'T COOK, DON'T TELL ME HOW TO COOK!

with Dr Umar Faruq Abd-Allah (Nawawi Foundation, USA)*

Date: Friday 24th November 2006
Time: 6.30 pm
Venue: Room G108, London School of Economics, Houghton Street,
London, WC2A 2AE

Could there be a more frustrating issue plaguing our young people
than gender relations? Despite taking part in so many knowledge
seeking activities why are divorce rates amongst Muslims so high?
1 in 10 Muslims are now divorced. Why do an increasing number of
brothers go back to Muslim majority countries to find a bride?
Are sisters in the UK too demanding or disrespectful? Do brothers
in the UK lack chivalrous and true manliness? What can we do as a
community to help sisters over 30 who are unable to find husbands?
Is there any hope or do we continue to live in a state of denial?
What about Polygamy or Misyar Marriages? Are these really viable
alternatives or are they just wild dreams of men living in a
society saturated with sexual imagery. Perhaps some sisters feel
it is better to marry non-Muslim men, at least they are more
respectful?

With all the tools for communication at our fingertips why is it
so hard to find what we want? Can I shake hands with a member of
the opposite sex? Why do I break into a sweat each time my eyes
meet that of a fellow Muslim sister / brother, and yet it's easy
to talk to Sally, Mandy or Tom? What if we just want to be friends?
Why are all the good men and women taken? Are men really from Mars
and women from Venus?

Join Dr Umar Abd-Allah in an open, honest, intelligent and informal
discussion, in what promises to be a though provoking event with a
difference. Entrance is free of charge. All are welcome.

For more information please contact:
Tel: 07956 983 609 / 07092 032 136
E-mail:

Why is this focussed on sisters only?

even when married, the woman does not have to cook. In fact she has the right to refuse cooking duty.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Salam

"Admin" wrote:

even when married, the woman does not have to cook.
In fact she has the right to refuse cooking duty.

Whoa.

Dont get me started here Boss.

Next thing you will be tetting us that she can make you push the pram !!!

Omrow

So are you denying what I say, or just arguing for the sake of it?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Salam

Look Boss.

I dont know if you can take this,
but, in Islam, you can beat the #**@@*** @@@###***###@
*** @@@## out of your wife if she doesnt warm things for you.

Well, maybe not that much, but a slap or two are allowed.

Omrow

I want a simple yes or no.

are you denying my statement that women do not have to cook for their husbands?

yes or no.

I can see that you are trying to get a reactoin, but I ain't playing your word games. You'll drag me down to your level, and beat me with experience. thus why I avoided going down that road in my last post.

Salaam,

Actually Admins right...Anyone who would want to follow the Sunnah of the Beloved Prophet (SAW) would give a helping hand in the kitchen.....I think one of the blessings for a man to cook or to help his wife is that he starts to strengthen the love that they have for one another. A woman has been given rights as well. And one of those is to refuse to cook if she don't want to.

"Happy are those who find fault with themselves instead of finding fault with others"

Salam

Yes.

Boss. She has to cook. Thats what the kitchen is for.

How can you even think about letting a woman not make you nice, warm
succulent, juicy, meal.

She would never love a guy who does not like her cooking.

Omrow

but that does not mean she has to cook.

We're just having a stupid stupid argument.

We're just having a stupid stupid argument.

"saffy786" wrote:
Salaam,

Actually Admins right...Anyone who would want to follow the Sunnah of the Beloved Prophet (SAW) would give a helping hand in the kitchen.....I think one of the blessings for a man to cook or to help his wife is that he starts to strengthen the love that they have for one another. A woman has been given rights as well. And one of those is to refuse to cook if she don't want to.

Of course Sis...this Omrow guy is just trying to get a reaction from the Sisters.

And for the record a woman will ONLY cook for someone who is worthy of her love and respect...the husband who puts her down 24/7 would be lucky if she made him cheese on toast.

p.s you have time to post on the forum, but you don't have time to reply to my texts. Biggrin

Salam

"Admin" wrote:

Are you trying to cook something up here?

Women are good at cooking.

Its their job.

Omrow

Im sorry to say but Omrow you really are a narrow minded person! People like you actually do give Islam a bad name. No offence but Woman are not made to stay and live in the Kitchen. That's not what marriage contracts are about!!!!!

"Happy are those who find fault with themselves instead of finding fault with others"

Salam

"saffy786" wrote:

Woman are not made to stay and live in the Kitchen.

That's not what marriage contracts are about!!!!!

Ofcourse not. There are other rooms in the house.

And marriage is not a contract.

If you think like that, you wont get anywhere near love.

Omrow

Omrow, To hit anyone who is not physically threatening is pathetic and nasty. A good man doesn't bully his wife. Surely you can agree on that.

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

hehehe!!!!! I agree......Isn't that called errr......Domestic Violence?

n sum of us just cant cook!!

like me Biggrin lol

i will learn one day inshallah...

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

"Admin" wrote:

Are you trying to cook something up here?

Women are good at cooking.

Its their job.

Omrow

omrow why are you stereotyping its true what the welcoming committe sed u are a n old bald man geek sorry bro but ur being sexist the bests chefs are men right dont stereotype if u do ill stereotype and belive me u wont like dat :x :twisted:

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

It was a trap.

Too bad everyone decided to just waltz right in.

aah well.

If you are nopt carefull he will drag you down to his level, and then beat you with experience.

he cant beat me wisdom does not come with age it comes with the right frame of mind bring it on omrow admin trust me his expereince counts for nuthing

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

the arrogant person has a long way to fall.

yes omrow does have a long way to fall

when standing at a cliff it is best to know your limits.

Even Icarus fell when he got too close to the sun.

Omrow sounds like the type of person who loves to cook.

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

inshallah with allah as my aid anything is possible

"Admin" wrote:
If you are nopt carefull he will drag you down to his level, and then beat you with experience.

Not fair, Admin. Surely you know that is my reserve signature.

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

islamic circle u guys are very clever - tryin it with the controversial title only so that ppl will reply to ur thread Wink

and regarding cooking-women will happily cook a gourmat meal for a man worthy of it

misognists dogs would be lucky if they got served a can of dog food :roll:

Salam

Yes, I agree bulling is for cowards.

They dont know how to slap properly.

Real men never bully.

Prophet Muhammad gave us some fine advice.

It up to every person how they want to have it.

You can chose to either live a life of pushing prams, or
you can decide to eat freshly made meals at home.

As you sow, so shall you reap.

If you get yourself a cow, especially one with the BSE,
then expect a mad life.

Omrow

I learnt how to cook out of neccessity a few years ago, I knew how to make the basics and wasnt intrested in learning anything else...mum reg leaves me to manage the whole house from time to time, so I needed to know how to cook.

But now that my Uni workload is driving me crazy, I have exams and assignments due in a matter of weeks, I'm suddenly obssessed with studying cookbooks and learning how to make eloborate new dishes....I'm the worlds biggest procrastinator.

If God forbid I don't get through this year...at least I'd have learnt how to be a better cook and a better driver.

women don't have to cook. i don't have to, my mum does it.

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

Salam

"MuslimSister" wrote:

I learnt how to cook out of neccessity

Necessity?

Why dont you spit it out.

I bet that the "necessity" which made you learn to cook was
none other than the "necessity" to which I had been referring above.

Face it lady: Whether you like it or not, kitchen IS [i]the[/i] destination.

Its a woman's lot.

Omrow

Pages