Issue 2: OUT NOW!

151 posts / 0 new
Last post

that was mainly because we had way too much text.

For next issue, we have planned ahead.

So no squashing!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

salaam

final opportunity for topics for issue 3.... Biggrin
anything which you think we should cover which hasnt already been mentioned....

wasalaam

salaam

after watching the panorama special, i was thinking of writing something on shariah law, it seems that is the biggest thing the West fears....
i was thinking of explaining what it would exactly mean living under shariah law in a muslim country....

what do ppl think?

after watching the panorama special were there any other issues which ppl think we need clarification on....because the programme was an attack on islam and muslims..end of!

wasalaam

I think the one of the criticisms the documentary made was about Muslims' right to get involved in politics and apply their religion to politics.

Maybe some clarification is needed to say that Muslims have as much right to participate in politics as anyone else. We are citizens, we are taxpayers, just like anyone else.

salaam

what questions would you like to see in Q & A in issue 3?
i will be sending the questions to Shaykh salim in the next few days...

wasalaam

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
salaam

wasalaam

photos/pictures - are they allowed? etc etc
khatham shareefs - whats the concept behind them?
songs - i heard its not permissable for a man to listen to a woman's voice, and some other rulings. clarify please
Ties - my cousin says i shouldnt wear a tie to work, something to do with the christians originally using it as a noose to hang people (i think muslims)...oh and sum people say it represents the crucifix :shock:
Crying - ive heard this in a talk before, the blessings when one cries when thinking about Allah swt.....usually when asking for forgiveness in a dua or something. I remember Qari Shakar saying some interesting stuff about the sawaab when one sheds sincere tears

jus got bored so i thawt of them :roll:

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Hay-DUH" wrote:
"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
salaam

wasalaam

Ties - my cousin says i shouldnt wear a tie to work, something to do with the christians originally using it as a noose to hang people (i think muslims)...oh and sum people say it represents the crucifix :shock:

EH!?

ties is only for weddings/funerals/court appearences...u get me

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

lol hayder. That is definitely NOT what they were used for!

However there is some debate wether they represent a cross, and as we are not allowed to wear symbols of oter religions, is it prohibited?

Now wether it really represents a cross is the question.

I have to wear a tie at work. I hate it. It feels like tying a rope around your neck!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

lol, i knw

im happy 2 wear a tie and dont think it represents anything, and if ut did....that was so long ago that no1 even remembers.

jus wierd people keep sayin it 2 me. :twisted:

i think they envy my slick-ness

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

I don't like 'slicking up'.

I prefer to look like a slob.

Lol (uggh I hate using that term makes me feel like a thirteen thirty seven idiot, and if you don't get that you're one of the lucky ones) When your cousin said the noose thing I don't think she actually said you shouldn't wear it. And even if the christians didn't hang people with it I know people who would strangle others with their's. :twisted:

Q&A:
me thinks something intercession and intermediation. Dave mentioned the term 'grave worshipping' i think that could be clarified in the next issue.

Also I just read Hayder's Article for the next issue, and overall its pretty good and very enlightening (I is sooo naive), plus the tittle is verrry catchy I think it become a Muslim slogan for the comming month, we could make wristbands and everything.

BTW there was one spelling mistake but i'm sure the editorial team will sort that out.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Dawud" wrote:

BNTW there was one spelling mistake but i'm sure the editorial team will sort that out.

Actually there were two Wink

what does BNTW stand for?

i think thats a spelling mistake!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
i think thats a spelling mistake!

Thats why i said. there were 2, but its no big deal considerin its only 2, its actually good.

salaam
next issue shud be out in first week of ramadaan if not earlier

will be increasing circulation to 15, 000 copies!

so will have more mags now for distribution ppl, so send me your figures of how many you would need..and exact places , areas you will distribute, especially at college and uni.....

wasalaam

Asalamualaikum!

Last time u send sum dwn to MWF but we recieved them late. Culd u plz send em on time for this issue.

I dnt need to order any coz im pretty sure the MWF organizer wuld do dat anyway.

Jazak'Allah khair

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

Mr Ed.....

Inshallah my brother will distribute them at my mosque, i'll hav to go jamia mosque or 44 mosque.....and dunno bout the 1 left out.

Also.........Man Met Uni Student Union....always a good spot.....and if u hav enuff copies....Man Uni Union

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"angel" wrote:

Actually there were two Wink

what does BNTW stand for?

BNTW? Check again...mwahaha FOOLS! :twisted:

HAHAHA- *coughs fit ensues from too much evil laughing* :evil:

Yeah okay I edited it, but I second my motion for the wristband idea.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Dave" wrote:
Is there going to be a third?

yep, in october. articles are now done and will be sent to the printers soon. will be on line in mid october.

Wow - that's impressively fast.

Ed how much is all this costing you?

Its roughly bi-monthly.

Asking 'Ed about sums?

He is very bad with figures and maths in general.

It is left to another two people to sort the finances out.

Not a good idea giving out figures.

However I can safely say we are the largest UK muslim publication.

I have previously been told off by ed for giving out circulation figures, so I will leave that to him.

No intention to pry of course,

I just think it's impressive that he has such wide readership and success with the website and appears to not charge a dime

Its coz we are all voluntary. We do not need to make a wage.

...do you have a job outside of the Revival?

This is blowing my mind... seems like you and Ed are always around.

yup. We all do.

That is why There are complaints alot of the time as it takes for some unruly comments to be removed.

"Admin" wrote:

I have previously been told off by ed for giving out circulation figures, so I will leave that to him.

Something about circulation figures was on the back of the last issue.

"irfghan" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

Something about circulation figures was on the back of the last issue.

I should pay more attention!

It said 10,000. Inshall this issue we have a much larger circulation...

Pages