What would you take on Holiday?

35 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hummus wrote:
Okay okay. I get your point. Stop sulking, yeah? and BE my friend before i begin to sulk lol.

I used to 'over-use' them once upon a time. I'd literally use two a day. Then i got told off and a couple of the things you'd mentioned above got used against me and mother decided to remove the cotton buds from my room and keep the collection in her room. 

Now i use cotton buds 'atleast' twice a week. That seems about sufficient. When the wax is there, somehow i can feel it and i need to remove it as soon as i can. Dude, why do you think cotton buds were made for in the first place?

Glad you re-worded your post - it grossed me out before! lol 

You can use a little bit of (damp?) tissue to do the job. Though that doesn't give the same great clean feeling as using a cotton bud.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

The WORST thing that can happen whilst on holiday is falling ill. Take a bag of meds with you.

(actually no; the WORST thing that can happen whilst on holiday is you get kidnapped....*remembers watching TAKEN* .... good thing i have Liam Neeson listed as next of kin LOL).

Back in BLACK

Really depends where, for how long and for what kind of break eg going somewhere by car perhaps I would be less inclined to pack light, if I went somewhere with good healthcare I wouldn't worry about meds, if I had work to do I would want to pack my stationery and tech, and if there were a lot of inexpensive markets I wouldn't worry about running out of clothes. Lots of variables.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Hummus wrote:
I LOVE travelling. The planes. The view. The clouds. The sky. The new atmosphere. The sun. The people. The animals. The culture. The scenery. The glares. The stares. It seems a lot better than Britiain anyway.

Seriously don't take SO much with you, like i do. I end up not using half the stuff i take and if im feeling like it, i'll leave some of my stuff there if i know i'm going to return - (only if its Turkiye). We've left all our swimming gear there aswell.

And if you're planning on buying things and bringing a lot of junk back with you, then consider the amount of free space you're going to need. And if people tell you to get things for them, thats more space you need. And if your family members don't have enough space, they might need a bit of yours. Keep it ALL in mind lol.

@Nasheedgirl, how was Qatar?

Allhumdulillah fantastic!! It's beautiful mashaAllah, and i want to go back!! Sad

"That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt" - Augustus Waters

Pages