CITIZEN KHAN

38 posts / 0 new
Last post

TheRevivalEditor wrote:

New comedy series on BBC1 based on a Pakistani Muslim Family in Birmingham- must watch

">http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00vh04w/Citizen_Khan_Episode_1/]

I think most things that CAN be construed as racist, and this has been by enough people, may as well be, or are. 

This is just a tacky 'comedy' made for cheap laughs. Isn't worth the bother it causes, and is offending a significant amount of people who pay their taxes that contribute to a government funded channel (I think?) that's supposed to be for everyone. 

'nuff said. 

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

After the second episode, i've begun to believe that this comedy is not for non-Asians besides if your sitting next to a translator whose telling you what NaniGee is saying.

Lilly wrote:

kids thinking its okay coz its on tv.

Thats surely more to do with bad parenting rather than what's actually on telly?

The TV tells my kids, 100 times in a day, that HE knows best. I tell my kids, 200 times a day, that the TV doesn't.

I look for opportunities. When something happens that would have looked cool on TV but hurts in real life, I make a point of mentioning it to my kids. I say something like "see - that's why TV is fake. Stuff like this looks cool on TV but if you do it in real life it's not that cool is it"

They've even started saying things like that too. Which says to me that the message (mine, nit the TV's) is getting through.

As long as the responsible adult at home is doing their bit, the kids will not go out of line.

Salam

I watched "Citizen Khan" on BBC.

I loved it.

The new funny angle on Muslims is a cracker.

Mr Khan is just brilliant.

Well done BBC.

Omrow

So, whose watched episode 3, 4 and 5?

What did you think of it? Have your opinions changed?

ive got a far worse opinion of it, any muslim who has respect for their faith wouldnt watch this. I remember hamza yusuf talking about the box and programmes in general, he mentioned comedy as being one of the worse offenders in brainwashing the viewers into a particular ideaology. its easy when you're laughing to be shocked but continue laughing and be desentized to something that you would normally see as offensive or immoral. These folks are the ones who will say whats the big deal it was just a joke. Is it just a joke to compare the adhan with an x factor audition? I think its disgusting. 

In adils defense hes either a clever idiot, or he is just an idiot, i hope its the latter. I hope he is just ignorant about his faith and is mixing it with the pakistani culture because he doesnt know how to separate it. In many asian households this can be a problem because religion is not very important, its never explained, its not very important. Its very ritualistic, and its only done on key important dates i.e ramadhan, fridays eid etc.

But if he is aware of his faith and hes using islam as the butt of his jokes for monetary gain and fame then i wouldnt want to be in his shoes on that Day.

i saw the adhan episode, well up to the bit where the adhan auditions commenced, and i just felt it was wrong for me to watch it, so i switched off . i wont watch it again.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

its disgusting. we dont do no such thing. citizen khan is all lies.
kafir bbc is just insulting muslims.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

Pages