Are you having problems with the site?

Yes.

I am having problems.

1) It is slow.
2) Click on the new posts, why does it bring you to all the other boring posts you don't want to read?
3) is it sort-able?

Lol

I bet the site being slow is off-putting for random people who come on here.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

yes those problems and more exist since the upgrade.

The idea was to have a better platform to develop on in order to get a better overall experience.

except that that hasnt happened yet. Not enough updates have happened as should have.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

For a second then i read that as 'Are you having problems with the opposite sex?'

... and i was gonna say "HELL YEAH! Those trixy girls!! All such drama queens!!" lol

Back in BLACK

Well we know what you've got on your mind! taubah! taubah! Blum 3

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Seraphim wrote:
For a second then i read that as 'Are you having problems with the opposite sex?'

... and i was gonna say "HELL YEAH! Those trixy girls!! All such drama queens!!" lol

Lol

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Well we know what you've got on your mind! taubah! taubah! Blum 3

Noooo i dont think we do. You seem to be all worldly today. Why dont you enlighten us Blum 3

Back in BLACK

Why when you click to read the last post on the thread does it bring up the beginning of the whole thread?

s.b.f wrote:

Why when you click to read the last post on the thread does it bring up the beginning of the whole thread?

I think that's just for you

s.b.f wrote:

I think that's just for you

Great. I feel special now.

The spell check no longer works on here Sad

And the paragraphing looks weird - one space looks too big?

I don't really have a 'problem' but in forums and blogs, why are there additional pages with absolutely nothing mentioned in them?

I am having problems with this site. 

Sometimes I find it kinda narrow-minded and restricting Sad 

Hopefully 'You' can fix it.

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

Why does the main post on the thread disappear the lengthier a blog post goes?

I hate this thread. coz there's one admin and he's also the tech guy, this thread is basically a thread directed to him personally.

so everytime you see something wrong on the site you're going to run here and post?

if you got SOO much to complain abt, why didnt you (general excluding SBF) create that thread in the first place? why dont you just pm admin or tell him unofficially on tribune or something?

edit: i find a way to not get really sad when you pressed the next page button and there's nothign there. look at the number of post. if its not a multiple of 30 then there's nothing on the next page.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

I don't have any problems with it.

I'm loving it. It keeps me company and informed during the working day.

It was a forum of that Facebook thing that people keep going on about and I chose this.

Who prefers the old smileys?

Northen Southener wrote:
It was a forum of that Facebook thing that people keep going on about and I chose this.
eh?

Lilly wrote:

I hate this thread. coz there's one admin and he's also the tech guy, this thread is basically a thread directed to him personally.

so everytime you see something wrong on the site you're going to run here and post?

if you got SOO much to complain abt, why didnt you (general excluding SBF) create that thread in the first place? why dont you just pm admin or tell him unofficially on tribune or something?

edit: i find a way to not get really sad when you pressed the next page button and there's nothign there. look at the number of post. if its not a multiple of 30 then there's nothing on the next page.

Its suggestions to make things better, Its not like anyone's demanding anyone does anything simply a case of if someone can or wants to, all the suggestions are in this suggestion box. 

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

Northen Southener wrote:
eh?

Sometimes, and this was one of them, even I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm seriously getting old. Sometimes I say and do things that I don't even know I'm saying / doing.

If anyone has a cure for this condition, please feel free to let me know.

Lilly wrote:

If we want the site to improve and more people to be active surely we should give some suggestions to admin - that's what's happening on the other thread isn't it? And he doesn't need to listen to us, he usually does as he pleases lol

There is an option to write in different colours but once you post the comment, it just comes out in black Sad

Half the smileys are not working. The other half just appear randomly in text.

Conclusion: The smileys must die!

Back in BLACK

I accidently enabled an old competing smiley implementation along with the normal one and that ruined things.

fixed. Hopefully.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

For the past week I have been totally unable to access the General forum page (although I can read some posts I think) when not logged in. When I am logged in the General page loads and at the top it says: Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Joie de Vivre wrote:

For the past week I have been totally unable to access the General forum page (although I can read some posts I think) when not logged in. When I am logged in the General page loads and at the top it says: Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

I got that message once

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

I like that message. I want to see it!

Seen it now. Will see if i can get rid of it soonish.

Dirol  I still get that message and slow-loading pages. When I am not logged in I can access the main page and recent posts but not a specific forum eg General. It has prevented me from visiting much.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Joie de Vivre wrote:
Dirol  I still get that message and slow-loading pages. When I am not logged in I can access the main page and recent posts but not a specific forum eg General. It has prevented me from visiting much.

I just use the recent posts page but when I do go on the specific forums I have the same issue as you. :/ 

Pages