Pakistani Cricket Pair Guilty Of Betting Scam

Former Pakistan cricket captain Salman Butt and bowler Mohammad Asif have been found guilty of conspiring to fix parts of last summer's Lord's Test against England.

Butt, 27, and 28-year-old fast bowler Asif plotted to bowl deliberate no-balls in the match as part of a lucrative betting scam.

The pair sat expressionless in the dock as they were convicted at Southwark Crown Court.

They were caught after an undercover reporter recorded UK-based sports agent Mazhar Majeed, 36, boasting of how he could arrange for Pakistan cricketers to rig games for money.

How could Muslims do this?

My English is not very good

lollywood wrote:
How could Muslims do this?

They are human too, you know.

-

Idiots.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:

They are human too, you know.

-

Idiots.

They should know better

Money Money Money.

you have to understand tht this was at a time where the Pakistan national team was starved of matches and finance.

Pakistan was a place no one would go to play cricket and the cricketers were tempted to make extra money.

It happens.

I think the correct sanction is to disallow all betting on sport.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Money Money Money.

you have to understand tht this was at a time where the Pakistan national team was starved of matches and finance.

Pakistan was a place no one would go to play cricket and the cricketers were tempted to make extra money.

It happens.

course it happens but those things do not justify their actions.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

You wrote:
Money Money Money.
you have to understand that this was at a time where the Pakistan national team was starved of matches and finance.

Does that make it OK to fix matches?

You wrote:

It happens.

So you can do anything to make extra money?

Former Pakistan cricket captain Salman Butt has been jailed for 30 months for his part in the conspiracy to bowl deliberate no-balls in last year's Test match against England.

Former world number two Test bowler Mohammad Asif, 28, was jailed for one year and bowler Mohammad Amir, 19, has been sentenced to six months.

Cricket agent Mazhar Majeed was jailed for two years and eight months.

You wrote:

Send gambling underground?

do moles play the lottery?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

You wrote:

[/quote]

Maybe hang 1 or 2 of the people involved that might deter the rest of them, if not hang them then give them life imprisonment

Ya'qub wrote:

Send gambling underground?

It already is in Pakistan because gambling is not allowed officially AFAIK