Main Issues Concerning Muslims Today?

salaam

To help me with future issues of The Revival magazine it will be useful to know what ppl think are the main issues concerning the Muslims today...

what issues are concerning you or muslim youth you know of?

what are the problems facing us today in every walk of life?

by all means write a list of issues or a few detailed explanations....

what issues would you like to read about in the magazine?

wasalaam

Laziness.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

And another:

A lack of moral decency.

Too many muslims go around dropping litter.

Even those who are supposed to be the pious ones. They at times actively discourage tidyness.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I personally think at time there too much of a gap between the, what we consider as practicing muslims and non practicing muslims. There clearly a lack of understanding between both. I think that people expect people to conform straightway, like if someone come into the mosque with that funny zigzag haircut, people will have a go at him, surely him being in the mosque is enough progress, in time he will see the error of his way. Plus too much emphasis on minor issues as well.

But other things that are affecting youngster is entertainment. Everyone seem to want to be entertain all the time nowadays, in all aspect. So the concept of halal entertainment need to be address. Good halal entertainment need to be shown and a viable alternative.

But the main thing concerning muslim today, is the way that cultural issue and religion have been alligned together by some seeking power. The fact that so little of the true beauty of islam is only ever displayed, because of the fact some people are rigid. It doesn't allow people to see islam for what it is and is one of the reason why it so hard to get young people interested. Too be honest there loads of things, i will think of some later.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

I agree with issues yuit raised

culture

being narrow minded

getting bogged down with minor issues

arrogance

depression

clubbin

Omrow I would like to think about this.

I would like to see your answer.

[color=blue][b]Most of the things which i was gonna mention were already mentioned above, so ill just give a list of some..

Society
understanding between Muslims & Non Muslims
Divisions within sects
Accusations
Culture

cant think of any more at the moment but will post em later on if i remember...[/b][/color]

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

Salam

Right now I am in a too much of a party mood to make a serious contribution to this important topic.

Let me think about it and come back to you.

Omrow

I suggest the evils of grave and ancestor worship btu doubt any attention will be paid.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
I suggest the evils of grave and ancestor worship btu doubt any attention will be paid.

yeah the things the ahlul bidah do... innit
wat u been bangin on about since u been here

yes it is obvious that some aspects of culture which are contradictory to shariah are being practised by some people who dont know their deen...
we will be doing an article on religion and culture in next issue.... u can email me relevant points on that if u wish....
regarding grave worship...if it is that then obviously it is shirk..but if its tawassul as taught by the saliheen then it is part of the deen...baring the fact that it is Allah we worship, only He can help us, and we only ask Him for help...i think an educated person understands that...

Mr Ed do an artcle on cavemen too :twisted:

but serioulsy backwards culture is a good topic-many youth have an issue with the cuture their parents follow

such as being adament that women walk ten feet behind her stupid husband and not being allowed to call him by his name :roll:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
such as being adament that women walk ten feet behind her stupid husband and not being allowed to call him by his name :roll:

[color=blue][b]Well i heard the reason y sum women dnt call their husbands by their name is coz of respect :roll: [/b][/color]

"Mujahidah" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

[color=blue][b]Well i heard the reason y sum women dnt call their husbands by their name is coz of respect :roll: [/b][/color]

and some do that because their husbands make them-or cos its their culture :roll:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

and some do that because their husbands make them-or cos its their culture :roll:

[color=blue][b]I jus h8 culture :evil: ..no offence to any 1 but to b honest nwdayz culture plays a bigger part than our Deen. Sad [/b][/color]

"Mujahidah" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

[color=blue][b]I jus h8 culture :evil: ..no offence to any 1 but to b honest nwdayz culture plays a bigger part than our Deen. Sad [/b][/color]

yeah many youth have an issue with culture

thats why I think Mr Ed should raise the issue

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

thats why I think Mr Ed should raise the issue

[color=blue][b]Too right Biggrin ..Mr Ed i think we've already gt u a solid topic Lol ...u can say plenty bout this topic on the mag.[/b][/color]

"Med" wrote:

As soon as we find the dopeheads worshipping graves, we will discuss the issue.

Until then can you get off the high horse, and look at reality.

Salam

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
To help me with future issues of The Revival magazine it will be useful to know what ppl think are the main issues concerning the Muslims today...

These are the questions some people ask:

1. Sex before marriage. Why not. I need it. Whats the big deal.

2. Should I dump the granny in old people's homes. Why should young people suffer her daily naggings ? I want to live on my own.

3. How can I get off the bad road. I can't simply leave my gang and drugs. I'm in too deep.

4. I want to get married but where can I find a good woman these days. How shall I go about it.

5. Do we really need the Saudis in Britain ?

6. Terrorism is a topic on everyone's lips: " War on Terror or War on Muslims "

7. Hijab. To cover or not to Cover: Is it really necessary in the 21st Century. And, should women wear a scarf, or should their men force them to wear it. Who is responsible before God.

8. Interest and Islamic mortgages. Usury by another name, or a way forward.

9. I hate going to mosque every day. My dad forces me to go. Its so boring. I hate it.

10. I want to unite muslims. What is the best thing I can do to create unity.

Omrow

WOW :shock:

Omro I hearby return the W to your name

You've earned it

Great suggestions OmroW

Thanks. Would you also make a list from the top of your head.

"Omrow" wrote:
Thanks. Would you also make a list from the top of your head.

Of course-

here goes (stuff that hasnt been covered before)

1-Clubbing-why not all my mates do it

2-Culture-I dont know what my grandparents are on

3-Identity crises-Am I british, am I a paki, am I a Muslim or am I a coconut?

4-Whats wrong with checking out fit guys?

5-Sheesha, whats wrong with smokin it?

6-MTV, why's mum always telling me not to listen to Sean paul?

7-Imported Imams-I dont know what they're chatting about

8-Careers-why didnt daddy let me take a course in fashion? Why do Pakis HAVE to be doctors?

Dirol

Dont forget the LAWYERS

Got to add that such things as Parenting, The Family Unit and Marraige are all in a bad state for muslims currently, i know it the same for society on the whole, but it never the less a big problem. I actually heard a dad talking about his son and giving up on him and saying that in all probablity he will turn into a drug dealer and his son was only 13 years old. Plus a big problem is that people can not accept blame, they will blame everyone esle, rather then take responsibility for themselves, they only willing to accept the truth when it too late. This approach means that the problem can never really be tackle.

Another root cause too many of the muslims problems is MONEY. The love of it. It take them away from what really important. People use money as a indicator for success and power, thats why people can never have enough of it, it drive some people to insanity. The value of doing a honest job has disappeared as there more money in bveing dishonest. Plus the weak are control by the rich, so they have only a very little say on matters.

Arrogance and Ego are another big problem, from the streets to the Mosque, it rampant. Reputation and power is what people live for. See people will look to the streets and the youth and say that look how they destorying the community and scoiety, but this problem begins right at the top, so it no real surprise that it goes all the way too the bottom.

This goes back too the fact that there a lack of any real role model for young muslims at the moment. Too many of imported Imam are only here for the money, let face it why esle come to England the promise land, none of them even try to learn english or try to understand the situation going on in the community. Mosque are centre for politic from the elders. Muslims Groups rarely stress the importance of brotherhood, they must prefer looking for the error of there fellow brothers.

Nowadays ppl seem to be too involved in paki thinkin and are very backwards in theri views which leads them to havin no true values of islam in their lives. They limit themselves to only a couple of possibility. I actually had too listen to a speech once when the speaker talked about that without pakistan there would be no islam. Proper digraceful when nationalism plays such a important part in people life.

Most important thing is that there is a lack of hope of thing changing, as thing are so bad, you can't help but lose hope. People seem trap here in the UK at times. Because there is a real lack of leadership for the muslims, no one is guiding them, so we all seem lost It a pity.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

I think an article on the virtues of the masjid would be a good idea. Perhaps push the fact that if you want to save yourself from sin then the only place that is free from fitnah is the masjid.

Encouragement on getting involved in the masjid would be good. But that doesnt mean giving young people the idea they can start turning up to namaz and have a say in how the masjid is run. These things take time. Encourage things like cleaning the masjid, emphasise the importance of picking up litter that is in the masjid and on streets around it. For the young men, it should be told to them that the litter they pick from the masjid will count as dowry for their wives in the paradise (!)

I think somehow connecting people with the masjid is most important. But like I said they shouldnt go in expecting to have power in the say of the masjid overnight. It is ALLAHs grace that I know of someone he had no intention of power or responsibility in the masjid, what he did he did for the sake of ALLAH. He did stuff that people conisder lowe and beneath them, subhanaALLAH through his love for the masjid it became apparent to the authorities and now they consult with him on some issues even though he is a non-entity.

Masjid, Masjid, Masjid.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
Perhaps push the fact that if you want to save yourself from sin then the only place that is free from fitnah is the masjid.

Not the mosques I know.

They ar epolitically or racially dominated, and cause alot of fitnah.

If anything there shud be an article on how to make mosques more attractive to the youth so youth WANT to attend

but we have sumin like that in the next issue coming out anyway

btw why does Mr Ed BLANK all suggestions? :evil:

it dont take much to say "good idea/crap idea" :roll:

the main issues IMO are as follows (some may have already bin mentioned):

importance of having good relationship with parents/family - no communication aint gona get ya anywhere....rights concerning parents...high status of the mother....reward for listening ta parents. I think this is a main issue because most youth nowadays have no respect at all for parents and if not that then they simply have no proper communication with them and this has got ta change if we want the youth ta come back 2 the true teachings of Islam

culture/tradition>>>>big issue like mentioned before.....links in with communication with parents i.e. parents who are culturally motivated instead of following Islam and this can be well frustrating and what should one do when in that sorta situation? and of course all the other backwards aspects of culture e.g. forced marriages...girls locked inside while guys running riot etc etc

importance of going 2 the mosque>>> our mosques are left empty most of the time...ppl dont realise the importance of sticking 2 the mosque...ppl need ta know that it is Allahs house and it aint just ta read namaaz/Quran it should be invloving the whole community...attending study circles..have libraries etc etc

IMO the clash between culture/tradition and Islam is the major issue 4 the youth...this is the reason the youth is turning away from Islam

Inshallah there should be an article on parents in the next issue.

Culture is a great topic to look at for issue 5. Maybe you could have a look at that?