boasting

i HATE ppl who have a habit boasting about themselves

they are SOSOSO annoying...

boasting and pride is a disease

also...praising others im talking going OTT is wrong?

Nah.

Obviously its rong to boast about oneself but SOMETIMES it is best to do it so the others realise what kinda person it is that they talking to.

Take me, some people I know are soo lucky to have me, that I dont think they even realise.

I'm unique, there aint gonna be another like me so those who know me and recognise my worth should value me [size=7]hint hint[/size]

On the other hand I dont think anything wrong with praising another person if what u say is true. Sometimes some people think that they are not anything special and perhaps have low self esteem, they NEED to be told how good they are. Maybe this way they might understand just how good they are and what praise it is that they deserve.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

There nothing wrong with praising someone IMO. Especially if it due.

Quote:
Generally speaking, we can say that praising others is not forbidden in Islam as long as there is no alteration of the facts and the praise is not said to seek favors. Sincere forms of praise that are based on facts are not only permissible, but also encouraged in Islam.

Praising others is not forbidden in Islam. In fact, the Prophet himself used to praise a number of his Companions. And the Companions used to praise each other. It is only forbidden to praise someone to the point of excess, to praise someone based on false facts, or to praise someone with an ulterior motive of seeking favors from that person. If praise is given sincerely and is true, then it is not forbidden in Islam. In fact, praise should be encouraged in Islam in an effort to encourage our children or students to study harder and to raise their confidence levels.

[url= IslamOnline[/url]

On the matter of boasting, it really depend on who saying it and why he saying something. Enough time in the past i have said something lightheartly and people have took it the wrong way and percieve i was boasting. Too many people are quick to jump too conclusion IMO. However excessive boasting is wrong, and taking too much pride in something and failing to see the blessing in what you have is wrong.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"Med" wrote:
but SOMETIMES it is best to do it so the others realise what kinda person it is that they talking to.

Take me, some people I know are soo lucky to have me, that I dont think they even realise.

I'm unique, there aint gonna be another like me so those who know me and recognise my worth should value me [size=7]hint hint[/size]

Thats boasting and being big headed.

^^^^^big headed

ok...for example if people praise me alot say im perfect, and theres nothing at all wrong with me etc..

and i think they over praising me, but they say i deserve it because its true when its not

should that person listen to me?

It is reported on the authority of Abu Ma'mar (allah be pleased with him) that the messenger of allah (peace and blessings of allah be upon him) commanded us to throw dust upon the faces of those who shower too much (undue) praise. (muslim)

The ladies always praise me, they say "oh Razor you are so perfect, can we touch your face"

Anyone else have the same problem?
:?:

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

"razor" wrote:
The ladies always praise me, they say "oh Razor you are so perfect, can we touch your face"

Why are boys more big headed then girls? :roll:

lol. Nawt abt being bigheaded.

I AM all dat. So all u lucky people out there who know me should be honoured! [size=7]hint hint[/size]

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Arrogant men are a massive turn off IMO.

"Ramz" wrote:
Arrogant men are a massive turn off IMO.

totally agree :!:

"naj" wrote:
It is reported on the authority of Abu Ma'mar (allah be pleased with him) that the messenger of allah (peace and blessings of allah be upon him) commanded us to throw dust upon the faces of those who shower too much (undue) praise. (muslim)

further explanation:

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

wow, i hope u guys are kidding coz otherwise u seriously need to batter ur heads against a wall. Fool

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:
wow, i hope u guys are kidding coz otherwise u seriously need to batter ur heads against a wall. Fool

Who me?

Arrogant men are a turn off.

"Ramz" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:

Who me?

lol, no no, i was agreeing with u, i meant it literally - the 'guys' i.e. lads in this thread need to mellow down a bit. Wink

"Ramz" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:

Who me?

Arrogant people generally are a massive turn off, but i think what most of what was said here by the bloke was tongue in cheek apart from Med as i can never really tell when he joking :? .

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

lol.

Nah, im being serious. I am all dat, im soo gud looking, got a great personality, wicked sense of humour, beautiful smile and to top it all I am really humble !!

hehehehehe

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
Nah, im being serious. I am all dat, im soo gud looking, got a great personality, wicked sense of humour, beautiful smile and to top it all I am really humble !!

in all of the above the word 'humble' jus sooo sticks out :!: :roll:

"muslim_kuri" wrote:
"Med" wrote:

in all of the above the word 'humble' jus sooo sticks out :!: :roll:

he's trying to be funny...

...[size=7]and failing miserably![/size] :roll:

"Med" wrote:
Nah.

Obviously its rong to boast about oneself but SOMETIMES it is best to do it so the others realise what kinda person it is that they talking to.

On the other hand I dont think anything wrong with praising another person if what u say is true. Sometimes some people think that they are not anything special and perhaps have low self esteem, they NEED to be told how good they are. Maybe this way they might understand just how good they are and what praise it is that they deserve.

"Med" wrote:
lol.

hehehehehe

Obviously we understand y med is sayin all this. Because nobody else is sayin this about him, hes making himself feel better by saying it.

I think we should help the poor fellow out.

We'll take it in turn, and evryday one person has to say one good thing about med, i know we all dunt wna lie but jus think of it as a charity.

but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.

I dont really talk about myself much to people... dont have to tell them what im like. They can usually tell within the first 5min of speaking to me. Action speak louder than words.

I do sometimes over priase people... especially if theres something i want. A little give and take in my opionon nothing wrong with. comeon you gotta butter people up a bit b4 asking them... especially if they're not gonna like what your about to say.

Is there generally something wrong with a person who praises other people a little too much?? You know a little OTT?

Back in BLACK

oi, i aint a charity case.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"razor" wrote:

dont they have anything better to do than to touch your face. you must know them well

"naj" wrote:

ok...for example if people praise me alot say im perfect, and theres nothing at all wrong with me etc..

and i think they over praising me, but they say i deserve it because its true when its not

should that person listen to me?

let them praise you.u let them think you perfect

"razor" wrote:

I hope people realised i was joking when i said this. I think My sense of humour isnt in tune with that of the forums.

I apologise for my short comings.

"razor" wrote:

no biggie - we all have em dnt we (short comings i mean)

"razor" wrote:

Can I have that in writing?

Oh!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
"razor" wrote:

Can I have that in writing?

Oh!

duh Admin 1 of your blonde moments i take it Lol

No comment.

I have been sitting at this PC all day today.

Have alot of background stuff to do for site... And I think I am behind schedule.

Inshallah I will be done by friday, so can think of adding much needed features over weekend...

PS alot of links may break on friday (if I stay on schedule).

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
Have alot of background stuff to do for site... And I think I am behind schedule.

dont worry Admin u aint the only 1 behind schedule when it comes ta work - i was meant ta have my essay finished by 2day (my personal deadline) but still only done half of it :!:

Salaanm

Its true that actions speak louder then words.

If one really was all that, then there would be no need to broadcast it. Everyone would be aware of that individuals merits.

Also, humbleness’, humility and modesty are some of the characteristics that I really admire in a person. And one would only be able to humble etc if they didn’t boast.

Wasalaam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Salaanm

Its true that actions speak louder then words.

If one really was all that, then there would be no need to broadcast it. Everyone would be aware of that individuals merits.

Also, humbleness’, humility and modesty are some of the characteristics that I really admire in a person. And one would only be able to humble etc if they didn’t boast.

Wasalaam

One agrees with what one says.

In particular one really enjoys the language and use of words in ones vocabulary, would one mind, if one were to use the same style of writing? One would appreciate it very much Dirol

Pages