Surah Kahf

Assalamu alaikum Biggrin Jummah Mubarak.

It is recommended to recite Surat al-Kahf completely the night before Friday, and it is also recommended to do so Friday itself, before Maghrib time. Ibn Abidin said, �And it is best to do so early on Friday, in order to rush to the good and to avoid forgetting. � [Ibn Abidin, Radd al-Muhtar, �Bab al-Jumu`ah�]

The evidence for it being recommended includes the hadith related by Hakim and Bayhaqi, from Abu Sa`id (Allah be pleased with him), �Whoever recites Surat al-Kahf on Friday, light shall shine forth for him between the two Fridays.� [Ibn Hajar, Talkhis al-Habir]

Here's the link insha Allah

One question though. Do you get the same reward for listening to the recitation of the surah as you would if you recited it?

Someone told me you do but i thought otherwise because it takes alot more effort to recite it then it does to listen?

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

I don't think you do

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Thought I forgot didnt ya? But no, was reading the same link ynight actually. But glad ya beat me too it, cos i probs would have done it much later.

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

bilan wrote:
Thought I forgot didnt ya? But no, was reading the same link ynight actually. But glad ya beat me too it, cos i probs would have done it much later.

Nah i'm just in it for the rewards. I'm selfish like that. Wink

Tis tis tis Friiiiiiiday! Biggrin

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjxZfMw_G1Y]

(Y) jazakallah khair for the reminder Smile

Dude! Hand over the thread so I dont feel like im stealing it will ya?!

Insteada just saying 'bump' or something lame like it (sorry bumpers) I shall give a fact about surah al-Kahf or one related to its recitation etc.

Did you know that whoever memorises the first 10 verses of al-Kahf will be protected from (almost wrote by! >.<) the Dajjal? (at Thirmidhi and Abu Dawood)

I love Fridays Biggrin

Arghh you got here first, as long as we both remembered it's cool Biggrin

ذَٰلِكَ جَزَاؤُهُمْ جَهَنَّمُ بِمَا كَفَرُوا وَاتَّخَذُوا آيَاتِي وَرُسُلِي هُزُوًا

That is their reward, Hell, because they rejected Faith, and took My Signs and My Messengers by way of jest.

(surah Kahf verse 106)

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ كَانَتْ لَهُمْ جَنَّاتُ الْفِرْدَوْسِ نُزُلًا

As to those who believe and work righteous deeds, they have, for their entertainment, the Gardens of Paradise,

(Surah Kahf verse 107)

قُلْ هَلْ نُنَبِّئُكُم بِالْأَخْسَرِينَ أَعْمَالًا

Say: "Shall we tell you of those who lose most in respect of their deeds?-

الَّذِينَ ضَلَّ سَعْيُهُمْ فِي الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَهُمْ يَحْسَبُونَ أَنَّهُمْ يُحْسِنُونَ صُنْعًا

"Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life, while they thought that they were acquiring good by their works?"

أُولَٰئِكَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا بِآيَاتِ رَبِّهِمْ وَلِقَائِهِ فَحَبِطَتْ أَعْمَالُهُمْ فَلَا نُقِيمُ لَهُمْ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَزْنًا

They are those who deny the Signs of their Lord and the fact of their having to meet Him (in the Hereafter): vain will be their works, nor shall We, on the Day of Judgment, give them any weight.

Surat Kahf: 103-105

Jummah Mubarak

:roll: we dont say bump or bumpers or whatever on here. on here we say

revival

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Assalamu alaikum Biggrin

It's Friday it's Friday gotta read surat Kahf on Friday.........Jumma Mubarak

Assalamu alaikum and Jummah Mubarak Biggrin (reminder to read surah Kahf)

Bilal Philips? Seriously?

No time for the man. I'd suggest all the other people of the sufi natue not to listen to this guy...!!

YouShutup wrote:

No time for the man. I'd suggest all the other people of the sufi natue not to listen to this guy...!!

I dont listen to him but whats wrong with him?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
YouShutup wrote:

I dont listen to him but whats wrong with him?

+1

e.g? and what are his reasons?

its not friday but ihavent been posting here, so here i am. an dit monday..or is it tuesday? anywya..charity week coming up!!!!

He's a selfishy... I mean Salafi...

'can of worms opened'

Lol are all salafis really that extreme?

I'd say they're leaning to be a 'little' lesser in the mental capacity, department.

'oh no he didn't!'

YouShutup wrote:

I'd say they're leaning to be a 'little' lesser in the mental capacity, department.

'oh no he didn't!'

We should leave this convo alone, since it's a thread about Surah Kahf!

Back on topic people - and no bashing.

There are genuine, good people in many groups.

They also all have their fair share of morons.

Back to Surah Kahf.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

EDIT: warning it was youshutup who said these things, not admin

im a total extremist. my life plan is OBVIOUSLY to blow myself up, or blow a certain shopping center or a certain rocket-shaped building. obviously.

btw, MB once said that Bilal Phillips wasnt even considered a salafi by salafis. sooooo.....

i dont give a damn to be honest.

and im sure Youshutup has listened to him (Philips) before saying he bashes other scholars and stuff. havent actually heard him do that before.

Youshutup, tell us more about the salafi morons you met. are they really self-righteous "all muslims are wrong except us, and more particularly me"?

oh and he DID feature in one of them "exposing extremist muslims" vids. so he must be a bad guy.

and i obviously lack in the mental department. hence the above.

Lilly wrote:

im a total extremist. my life plan is OBVIOUSLY to blow myself up, or blow a certain shopping center or a certain rocket-shaped building. obviously.

btw, MB once said that Bilal Phillips wasnt even considered a salafi by salafis. sooooo.....

i dont give a damn to be honest.

and im sure admin has listened to him (Philips) before saying he bashes other scholars and stuff. havent actually heard him do that before.

admin, tell us more about the salafi morons you met. are they really self-righteous "all muslims are wrong except us, and more particularly me"?

oh and he DID feature in one of them "exposing extremist muslims" vids. so he must be a bad guy.

It was YouShutup who wrote those comments...

:S

my bad. i shall now go amend.

Lilly wrote:

talk abotu confirmation. back to surah kahf!

Lilly wrote:
Lilly wrote:

talk abotu confirmation. back to surah kahf!

Lol

Pages