Preparation for Umrah

Saw feefs thread on preparation for ramadan and reminded me that i need to start in my preparation for Umrah.

Any tips would be most appreciated Smile and if anyone wishes to share their own experiences and what special duas do i need to remember.

i know i have to read up on how to perform Umrah and i'm sure there are some good books i can find in regards to duas.

Also is there anything special that i need to recite when i see the kaba for the first time...?

Smile

Tags: 

Umrah is easy.

1. Make sure you have the two cloths for ihram.
2. Read two nawaafil after tying the ihram outside the limits of the "umra-zone".
3. Do tawaf - going around the ka'bah 7 times (men should do the first 3/4 faster than the rest)
4. Read 2 nafl.
5. Go to Safa and from there to marwah. and then back. You need to do a total of 7 of these (each way is counted as 1).
6. Cut your hair.
7. Get out of ihram.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

yup it sounds easy enough, fulfilling the conditions of ihram tho may not be so easy tho

Try a trial run in the park marking out a square to go around, to practice reciting qur'an/du'aas while counting at the same time - it is harder than u might imagine, especially with loads of people around pushing and stuff.

memorise as much as you can, because you'll wish you'd learned more once you get there.

you can never really prepare too much, or enough, so just try ur best and may Allah (swt) accept ur Umrah. Ameen!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

I would recommend learning through a practical demonstration/video to learn the rituals rather than books, although books will help to a certain degree.

Be prepared for never wanting to return home!

"That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt" - Augustus Waters

If you climb all the way to cave of hira, make sure you take a picture of the monkeys. and dont let them nick your camera.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Aww, this all makes me wanna go too!

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

bilan wrote:

You want to go umrah because of the monkeys?

Why not?

You wrote:
Why not?

Yh why not?!

MuslimBro wrote:
bilan wrote:

if admin hadnt replied. this would have been Bilan's answer:

"why ELSE would i go?!?" *genuinely surprised*

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:
MuslimBro wrote:
bilan wrote:

if admin hadnt replied. this would have been Bilan's answer:

"why ELSE would i go?!?" *genuinely surprised*

But we will never know for sure, so my answer to this is:

:neutral: :/