Dhikr - Rememberance of Allah

[qs:76:25]

Mention here any beneficial dhikr you come across and wanna share.
Little things to fill our days when we're waiting for the bus, cleaning round the house, sitting on the bus during rush hour (you're going to be late anyway), tyding up your room, walking to the next bus because you missed four buses.
Something to make this seemingly pointless and wasted minutes of our life a source of reward, our faith and help us in our Islam, give us added reward, protection and everything else we can gain from those dhikr.

please, when posting a dhikr try and mention:
*the source
*the reward
*and any beneficial info so that we can get the most out of the dhikr. (translation etc..)

this is NOT a topic to debate the HOW of dhikr. its the WHAT of dhkir we're doing here. (loudly, group etc..) Try and stick to ahadiths and other sources that arent controversial.

PS: you can also mention any ayahs of the Quran you find relating to dhikr. or if they have a personal meaning for you, then post it

well..i think the first post will be dedicated to my Tajweed Teacher who gave me the idea of the topic.

here is the hadith she mentionned

Abu Huraira reported that Fatima came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and asked for a servant and told him of the hardship of household work. He said: You would not be able to get a servant from us. May I not direct you to what is better than the servant for you? Recite Subhaana Allah thirty-three times, al- Hamdu li-Allah thirty-three times and Allah-o-Akbar thirty-four times as you go to bed. This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Suhail with the same chain of transmitters.

(Muslim Book 035, Number 6580.)

A point my teacher mentionned was that, this means that this particular dhikr (rememberance of Allah) could potentially replace a servant in certain ways. She (Fatimah Radiyallahu 'anhaa) found housework hard and was tired. The prophet (pbuh) told her of this dhikr, and if she implemented it she would gain strength and not find housework as hard the next with the permission of Allah.

Imaam An-Nawawi was making Dhikr after salaatul Fajr. His studen Imaam Ibn Qayyim came for his lesson and saw him doing dhikr, so he sat and waited for his teacher to finish his dhikr, An-Nawawi stayed this way until the sun rose (which is aournd 5/6 hours?), then he turned around and saw his student asking him if he had been present all this time he then said something along the lines of: "This (referring to the dhikr) is my provision, if my provision goes, my strength goes" (his food is his dhikr!!!)

edit:
Subhanallah = Glory be to Allah.
Glory: "a state of high honor"
Alhamdoulillah = Praise be to Allah.
Praise: to give praise, to make all the good stuff = Allah.
AllahuAkbar = Allah is the greatest.
Greatest: in every kind of way.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Don't see why the big deal... :roll:

Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel.

in the description of this topic it clearly says that this isnt a HOW topic, its a WHAT topic, and i'd like (for once) to stay on topic for at least 10 posts. so could you please edit your post or something? (you could post what you wrote elsewhere)

of dhikr according to the Sunnah of the Prophet (Saw)

Brace yourselves - its in Time New Roman!

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
of dhikr according to the Sunnah of the Prophet (Saw)

Brace yourselves - its in Time New Roman!

JazakAllah but thats cheating!
I wanted people to post dhikr they came across and actually use themselves in THEIR lives. Stuff that touches them. I want it to be personal.
common revivalers, make an effort (you dont really need to, i dont mind this topic being a one-girl thing)

I never said I don't use them! Wink

But why the personal touch? Whatever is shared can help others, make them start reading something new etc - thats the important thing, right?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
I never said I don't use them! Wink

But why the personal touch? Whatever is shared can help others, make them start reading something new etc - thats the important thing, right?

who actually bothers to read and implement ALL the stuff in any links posted. I want this topic to be at quite a high level of usefulness.

im being too picky and gona end up with a dead topic. im gona shut up and let the revivalers do what they want with this topic.

Lilly wrote:

who actually bothers to read and implement ALL the stuff in any links posted. I want this topic to be at quite a high level of usefulness.

Depends on whether you want to or not. reading and using that link would be the same as using this topic - who uses anything they read off the net, then?

I was going to copy and paste them, so more people (who don't bother clicking on links) would read but its quite long.

Bijou wrote:
Don't see why the big deal... :roll:

I do.

and really isnt it ALL about me? Blum 3

I rule this topic. YOU WILL ALL ABIDE TO MY RULES muahahaha*cough cough* HAHAHahaha...*coughcough*

@ the personal touch: Being thrown a bunch of adhkaar to be recited throughout the day usually results in not much being recited coz it isnt the first thing we think about when we have some free time. WHEREAS if we share our anecdotes and personal experience = motivation and more beneficial results inshAllah.

"رَضِيتُ باللهِ رَبَّاً، وَبِالْإِسْلَامِ دِيناً، وَبِمُحَمَّدٍ صَلَى اللهُ عَلِيهِ وَسَلَّمَ نَبِيَّاً".

87. Radheetu billaahi Rabban, wa bil-'Islaami deenan, wa bi-Muhammadin (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallama) Nabiyyan.

I am pleased with Allah as my Lord, with Islam as my religion and with Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) as my Prophet.

Reference:
"Allah has promised that anyone who says this three times every morning or evening will be pleased on the Day of Resurrection." Ahmad 4/ 337, An-Nasa'i, 'Amalul-Yawm wal-Laylah p. 4, Ibn As-Sunni (no. 68), At-Tirmithi 5/465. Its chain of transmission is good (Hasan), Ibn Baz, p. 39.

Who doesnt Allah to be pleased with them the day everyone's actions are gona be known and there's going to be lots of not-so-good people that Allah wont be pleased with. At All.
I do I do! x3 in morning, x3 in evening!

i usually do my morning adhkaar on the bus on the way to school. Evening starts after Asr, so while getting bored afterschool walking to bus-stop or instead of talking complete crap just to talk with friends>>keep head down and say that.