Japan makes case for Nuclear safety.

Take a few aging nuclear plants that are not built to the latest building standards.

Add an earthquake that is 7 times larger than the plants have been designed for.

Then throw in a very alrge tsunami, once again above design limits.

Add countless other problems due to the decimation of Japan by the combo of the earthquake and tsunami.

Even with multiple problems, the systems work.

Now if that is not a case for nuclear safety, I don't know what is.

the stories in the newspapers the last two days have been soo soo sad! i just thought subhanallah! i could never imagine myself in such a position and iA i wont be. didn even knw wht to make of it. but it made me rlly happy on the other hand when you hear the 'survivor' stories Smile

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

i dont know why but im finding it real difficult to find news of it. on friday especially. google didnt bring up the ACTUAL REAL stuff, just some side whatsit...

@You, how safe is "safe"

coz i heard the govt there just stopped asking the people's opinion about nuclear power coz the results showed that the large majority of the people DIDNT want it.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

i wasnt readin it online..old skool style

bilan wrote:
i wasnt readin it online..old skool style

i feel bad taking a metro..like im not grown up enough or something...

wht????? how did u come to tht conclusion and why???????!

bilan wrote:
wht????? how did u come to tht conclusion and why???????!

euh...

hehe...

only OLD people read newspaper

yeah. i like my conclusions!

IM TOO YOUNG FOR THIS!

lilly you weirdo!

Although I felt embarrassed flicking through the independent that day...

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

too young to put some reason to ur rhyme??? allright then.

ull learn to read newspapers when ur commutin to wherever tht isnt ur lil girls school Blum 3
my house = news 24/7!

bilan wrote:
too young to put some reason to ur rhyme??? allright then.

ull learn to read newspapers when ur commutin to wherever tht isnt ur lil girls school Blum 3
my house = news 24/7!

dont mean i dont educate myself lil lady.

and girls school RULE. i shant EVER leave! i shant i shant i shant!!!!

allright old lady Blum 3

ill just leave a trail of sweets outside the school and ull be out of there in no time. looool! haha

bilan wrote:
allright old lady Blum 3

ill just leave a trail of sweets outside the school and ull be out of there in no time. looool! haha

ARGH! HOW CAN I RESIST!

but i can always find my way back! i meant, i shant ever leave forever!

Lilly wrote:
bilan wrote:
allright old lady Blum 3

ARGH! HOW CAN I RESIST!

lool. so ull be part of the furniture yes???? (like in POC!!! u remember???!)

Tour guide: now, we come to this discoloured patch of wall, its not damp, no, but our own in house abuelita!!!! LOOOL

bilan wrote:
Lilly wrote:
bilan wrote:
allright old lady Blum 3

ARGH! HOW CAN I RESIST!

Tour guide: now, we come to this discoloured patch of wall, its not damp, no, but our own in house abuelita!!!! LOOOL

POC? what the heck is POC! dude! help me out here..im having a blonde moment!!
and...SHUT UP!

Lilly wrote:
bilan wrote:
Lilly wrote:
bilan wrote:
allright old lady Blum 3

ARGH! HOW CAN I RESIST!

POC? what the heck is POC! dude! help me out here..im having a blonde moment!!
and...SHUT UP!

Pirates of the Carribean (tell me uve watched it!) but in one of the films, when the baddie appears, theres a scene where they show his crew and ship and the crew is actually part of the ship! :shock:

Lilly wrote:
@You, how safe is "safe"

Very. The only "radiation" leaked so far is what would probably disapear before you finish readiong this sentence. Faster.

The worst case scenario currently is NOT venting or leaking radioactive material, but a "meltdown" which basically means that the fuel melts down but stays within the container and then they keep cooling it for a lot longer (maybe a year or 5, but no longer than that) while they get teh old fuel out and either dismantle the reactor or repair it.

Total deaths: 0. (well, so far there has been one, a person fell of a crane or something, so not nuclear related)

On the other hand you can use green energy and there was a hydroelectric power station that burst once in china... 100,000 dead.

Worst nuclear disaster: Chernobyl. Number of dead: 56.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

yep, heard that it wal the cooling chambers that got damaged and they were thinking about using seawater.

wait! chernobyl? 56?! what do you mean by the "deaths" werent MANY people contaminated and died from the effects?! and what about the evil evil evil cloud of evil stuff?!

@Bilan, only watched the first one. a bit too grown up..or something..dont know why i havent watched it.
POC. stupid name for a stupid movie. hehehe might check it out though now that you mention it, nevertheless..all them ghosts and romance with THAT girl..grrr...

ghosts???? i think ya mean pirates love!

and POC or POTC isnt a stupid movie!!!!!!! cant wait for nr 4! Biggrin so hurry up and watch all 3! lol. u dont like Knightley???? shes nt even in the 4th one. had a big thing about tht on tribby, cnt remember who was there though. i think u were actually...

saw a satellite picture from wed's paper. not pretty.

whats the diff between the daily mail and the guardian? guidance on newpaper reading, i always forget the stuff.

'safe levels' of radiation in Japan

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

That is just scaremongering.

There is always low level background radiation around.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.