True Purdah and Obedience

True Purdah And Obedience

The seat of true Purdah (Hijaab) is the heart, not the external physical parts of the body. If Purdah is not embedded in the heart for the Sake of Allah Ta'ala, the external items of Purdah such as jilbaab and niqaab, will be a deceptive facade to hoodwink others. A woman who has no Purdah in her heart will labour in self-deception by believing that she has fulfilled Allah's command of Purdah by o­nly donning jilbaab and niqaab.

LICENCE

Many women who don the outer-facade of Purdah (jilbaab and niqaab) remain lewd and immoral in their hearts and in their eyes. They believe that the niqaab is a licence to stare at males, and the jilbaab is a licence to wander around public places and drive around in cars and going to places just as the nafs desires.

Although the jilbaab and niqaab are important and Waajib requirements of the Islamic system of Hijaab, the rooh (soul) of Hijaab is the heart. If hayaa (shame) is lacking in the heart and if the woman is bereft of Taqwa and if she does not understand what exactly is the meaning of Purdah, her ideas will not be much different than her western kuffaar counterparts who display their bodies to all and sundry in public. The Muslim woman whose heart is bereft of Purdah lags behind the kuffaar women in o­nly external dress. But they share common ideas in their minds.

OBEDIENCE

In the same way true obedience to the husband — an obedience commanded by Allah Ta'ala and His Rasool—is obedience in his absence. A woman who pretends to obey her husband in his presence and does the opposite in his absence is most treacherous. She cannot hope to escape the Wrath and Curse of Allah Ta'ala and His Malaaikah.

PURDAH OF A SAHAABIYYAH

Hadhrat Anas (radhiyallahu anhu), a senior Sahaabi, narrates that a Sahaabi had gone o­n a journey. When he departed he prohibited his wife from ever leaving the house during his absence. After some time her father became ill. Since her husband was not present and he had prohibited her from emerging from the house, she sent someone to seek permission from Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) to visit her ailing father. In response, Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said:

[color=red]"Fear Allah! Do not disobey your husband."[/color]

The Sahaabiyyah obeyed and remained at home. Soon news of her father's death was brought to her. She again sought permission from Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) to visit her parents home to be present at her father's Janaazah. Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) sent the following message to her:

The pious lady obeyed and remained at home. Allah Ta'ala revealed the following to Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam):

"Verily, I have forgiven her o­n account of her obedience to her husband."

Those who claim and believe that they are observing Purdah and are obedient to their husbands should reflect and look into their hearts to ascertain whether they are truthful in their claim and in their understanding of the Purdah and obedience.

So women who do true purdah shouldn't be driving?

Would you like to explain, Med?

"Enver" wrote:

No irfan! women shouldn't step out the house :roll:

"Angel" wrote:
"Enver" wrote:

No irfan! women shouldn't step out the house :roll:

Your absolutely right.

Now [i]thats[/i] true pardah.

what if tis a glasshouse/greenhouse?

Nah we should not laugh at the topic.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Lol

u already made me

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Med, i assume u are copying/pasting this stuff from somewhere, if so, plz giv us a link.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

inside is more important then outside :roll:

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

i don't think he said women shouldn't step out of the house, and that article doesn't say that. The example was used in relation to obeying ones husband. There must have been a reason why the Sahabi asked of his wife to stay indoors, I doubt he did it just to act like a tyrant.

My husband asked me to learn to drive recently, so i should obey him and do so right. Due to new circumstances, I will need it to get about. Since he's at work most the day i'll have appointments in the daytime and the bus will no longer be suitable for me.

He's teaching me for now had my first lesson the other day, he said i did really well for first time, better than what he did first time round Wink I want an automatic though. He's got some fancy performance car and it's big. I reckon it would be easier if i had a smaller car. He said if i drive like a woman i'm never getting a car lol. He's gonna mold me to drive like a man insha'Allah, i don't mind.

"Med" wrote:

PURDAH OF A SAHAABIYYAH

Hadhrat Anas (radhiyallahu anhu), a senior Sahaabi, narrates that a Sahaabi had gone o­n a journey. When he departed he prohibited his wife from ever leaving the house during his absence. After some time her father became ill. Since her husband was not present and he had prohibited her from emerging from the house, she sent someone to seek permission from Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) to visit her ailing father. In response, Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said:

The Sahaabiyyah obeyed and remained at home. Soon news of her father's death was brought to her. She again sought permission from Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) to visit her parents home to be present at her father's Janaazah. Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) sent the following message to her:

The pious lady obeyed and remained at home. Allah Ta'ala revealed the following to Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam):

i'd like a reference for this hadith plz Med...

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Salam

Women who think they are pretty and have desire to show off, they should not be wearing anything.

They might as well join a brothel and earn money.

Its foolish to display your body for free.

Omrow

but how did she disobey her husband if she didn't leave the house. Was her transgression in merely asking our prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) if she could leave the house?

"yashmaki" wrote:
but how did she disobey her husband if she didn't leave the house. Was her transgression in merely asking our prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) if she could leave the house?

no thats the point - she didnt disobey her husband, she asked for leave from the Prophet (s.a.w) who apparently said in reply 'Do not disobey ur husband' i.e. it would be better if u did not leave, so she didnt.

ok but then at the end it says Allah (swt) revealed verily i have forgiven her on account of her disobedience? Doesn't that imply she transgressed.

"yashmaki" wrote:
ok but then at the end it says Allah (swt) revealed verily i have forgiven her on account of her disobedience? Doesn't that imply she transgressed.

lol yash, u need to have another read - it says 'obedience' not 'disobedience'.

oh ..im not feeling well thats my excuse ahhaha Jazak'Allah sis.

"yashmaki" wrote:
i don't think he said women shouldn't step out of the house, and that article doesn't say that. .

"Med" wrote:

and the jilbaab is a licence to wander around public places and drive around in cars and going to places just as the nafs desires.

Thats the bit that implies that women shouldnt leave their houses, go to public places and drive cars.

i overlooked that. If that's his argument Men can do the same. And if we are fair to women we shouldn't assume they are inherently bound to sin more than men.

If anything muslim men have more freedoms. And frankly whenever i see anyone messing around in cars just chilling, with loud music, smoking god knows what it's muslim guys not women. We need to admit the faults of men a bit more don't you think?

"yashmaki" wrote:
We need to admit the faults of men a bit more don't you think?

Def.

Maybe this is my feminist side speaking....but I think that those men who don't like their women to leave their homes at all are insecure.

Where has this article been taken from.

I appreciate guidance even if it is hard to swallow. But many of the sites that give strict guidance to women fail to offer the same such guidance for men. Articles on mens disobedience. Their refusing to keep the correct beard or wearing a jubba and gazing at women are never looked upon in depth. They are just skimmed over as non issues.

Far too often women are the sole concern for these men. What about the hearts and minds of these men. What about their own nafs? I am more than willing to take advice from my brother no matter how stringent it may appear, but are these same brothers as willing to accept sincere advice from a sister? In my experience they're not. They would simply say these women are headstrong and lack piety for even advising brothers. Women should be neither seen or heard but should unquestionably obey.

One rule for us another for them,this is not what our prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) preached nor what Allah (swt) the most merciful ordained.

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Med" wrote:

PURDAH OF A SAHAABIYYAH

i wonder how a woman can love such a man

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Med" wrote:

PURDAH OF A SAHAABIYYAH

i wonder how a woman can love such a man

well, this is y i want a reference for the hadith - dont wanna take it apart and God-forbid insult any sahaaba (r.a.) and then find out its a sahih hadith. :?

"Aasiyah" wrote:

well, this is y i want a reference for the hadith - dont wanna take it apart and God-forbid insult any sahaaba (r.a.) and then find out its a sahih hadith. :?

yeah I don't want to dismiss it as "fairy tale" etc either-cos I've been taught better

but perosnally speaking-I couldnt love such a man

someone I know was in the same situation-husband prevented her from seeing her dad-dad died

she lost all love and respect for him and left her husband

"yashmaki" wrote:
Where has this article been taken from.

I appreciate guidance even if it is hard to swallow. But many of the sites that give strict guidance to women fail to offer the same such guidance for men. Articles on mens disobedience. Their refusing to keep the correct beard or wearing a jubba and gazing at women are never looked upon in depth. They are just skimmed over as non issues.

Far too often women are the sole concern for these men. What about the hearts and minds of these men. What about their own nafs? I am more than willing to take advice from my brother no matter how stringent it may appear, but are these same brothers as willing to accept sincere advice from a sister? In my experience they're not. They would simply say these women are headstrong and lack piety for even advising brothers. Women should be neither seen or heard but should unquestionably obey.

One rule for us another for them,this is not what our prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) preached nor what Allah (swt) the most merciful ordained.

exactly! well said.

but wot always strikes me about such 'advice' is how harsh it sounds, its like theyr a step away from condemning such women to Hell! noone would listen to advice put across in such an insulting manner. in the Quran (16:125) we are told: "Invite (all) to the way of thy Lord with [b]wisdom and beautiful preaching[/b]; and argue with them in ways that are [b]best and most gracious[/b]: For thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance."

Salam

Aseya. Would you mind not quoting not everything that went before you.

Two posts above, you quoted furbal quoting you quoting Med.

God !!

Omrow

I have no reference for this hadeeth. I copied and pasted article from website themajlis.net. It is in the section entitled naseehah.

I cannot provide reference for this hadeeth, I am not a muhaddith simply regurgitated the article from the website mentioned above.

The point to be taken away is how women are meant to obey their husbands and how even Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam did not issue order to override that of the husband.

I see the issue as clear.

The so-called scholars of today if confronted with such a situation would begin finding 101 excuses to allow the woman to leave her home and see her father; they would perhaps say play on the importance of parents, the high status of the father, the reward of visiting the sick, the need for necessity, the need to be lenient in extreme circumstances, the importance of maintaining blood relations and ties of kith and kin, the fact that if the husband were present he would most likely allow her to go and see her father.

All these are baseless and incorrect and corrupt understandings and deviations of islamic law. My Master salallahu alayhi wa sallam understood the issue better than us, and His action is worthy of following.

The issue as it appears to me is pretty clear and highlights the high form of purdah religion demands and high level of obedience.

I dont expect many to understand.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Med - brought up in england i felt that my father was my keeper and when i married noone was my keeper and i answered only to myself

but having looked at religion a little closely i am very mindful of the fact the status Allah accords the husband and his rights on his wife and vice versa

one cannot deny Islamic evidence but it does take a little time for the human condition to adapt and change

so whilst i do not disagree with the evidence how can i it is Islamic the ego and habit will take longer to fully accept and understand the importance of what you have presented before us.

salaam

Salam

Woman always needs a male guardian.

Islam gives her the right to chose whom she trusts will look after her.

Omrow

my sister still asks my dads opinion in what should be done for such an such thing, her husband gets 2nd say...

"Med" wrote:

The so-called scholars of today if confronted with such a situation would begin finding 101 excuses to allow the woman to leave her home and see her father; they would perhaps say play on the importance of parents, the high status of the father, the reward of visiting the sick, the need for necessity, the need to be lenient in extreme circumstances, the importance of maintaining blood relations and ties of kith and kin, the fact that if the husband were present he would most likely allow her to go and see her father.

I agree with the "so called Scholars".

Pages