Muslims In The Festive Spirit?

i came across this today don't ask how it's so old but made me laugh looool

[b]Santa Myth Exposed: Muslim 2nd Grader Ruins Christmas for Entire Class
Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 02:09 AM CST | Issue 7[/b]

BOSTON, MA - After the events that transpired here last week, Ms. Johnsons' second grade classroom will never be the same.

"We were making cardboard cutouts for the school's holiday musical when all of a sudden, I hear Adnan telling everyone that Santa Claus isn't real," stated Ms. Johnson in reference to Adnan Sami, one of her seven-year old students. "I don't know what on earth possessed him to tell such horrid, horrid... truth."

Classmate Adam Garber (above) reacted to the news much the same way as the rest of the class, including Ms. Johnson.
"My mommy told me," explained Adnan. "I go home and asked her if Santa Claus was coming to our house because we don't have a chimney. She said that Santa's not real and I said 'OK' and that was that."

"How on earth can people live like that?! It's insane," exclaimed a visibly-upset Ms. Johnson.

The child has a history of ruining holidays for area youth.

Last Easter, he quickly pointed out that the Easter bunny who visited their classroom was in fact the school's alcoholic janitor, William Banes.

"He sounded like Willy because Willy always sounds like he's about to go to naptime," laughed Adnan in reference to Banes' problems with alcoholism.

"He's two for two thus far," stated School Principal Marvin Taylor. "We've got to brace for New Years. There's no telling what damage this kid can do."

thank you yash that was really funny- i'm gonna teach my kid to do the same Lol

i can remember when i was a kid the headteacher dressed up as santa came with gifts. Some kids actually thght it was santa, but i reckon most the kids including myself knew it was a man with a fake beard and costume "playing pretend" lol

We didn't really care just wanted the free toys Biggrin

Question why do turkey and poultry sales go up in muslim butchers during xmas Wink

There ain't nought wrong with having a Christmas dinner.

there's no cheap wine, no dry wafer, just a lot of really good dinner (and candles in 'some' peoples houses.). Biggrin

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

you see the picture on the link, i feel bad for laughing...

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Now thats a funny story. the kid is the picture is funny lol.

Nice to see young kids tellin it how it is.

These santa claus stories r a starting point in life, for the rest of the make belive rubbish awaits the disbeleivers.

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

"razor" wrote:
Tode cipher isag if tfr omt hep la netcy pheri liasifuge tar oc kfro mcy phe rili a sill s wapi tf orab lu ep ete rba dge.

Figure out the above u fools.

To decipher is a gift from the planet cypherilias if u get a rock from cypherilias ill swap it for a blue peter badge.

Gee that was tough :roll:

Now here is one for you - 100 USD to be mailed to whatever location you specify to the first person who can decipher the following:

NARwc83zw 9ooox hd83jqo wec el83w 3evi9 ev3zg4 3edy3 hlvNAR - [b]2[/b]

lol good luck - you've got three days starting now.

Monday 8:44pm EST

until Thursday 8:44pm EST

"Constantine" wrote:

Now here is one for you - 100 USD to be mailed to whatever location you specify to the first person who can decipher the following:

I would but I can't be bothered.

Salam

"Dawud" wrote:
There ain't nought wrong with having a Christmas dinner.

Thats the spirit.

Christmas is a wonderful time.

A Holy Child is about to arrive.

Peace on Earth and goodwill towards all men

Omrow

Salam

Jesus is not only for Christians.

He is our Prophet too. Holy Quran mentions him many times.

Omrow

yes but islam doesn't recognise the 25th of December as the birth of Jesus (as), so doesn't make any sense to celebrate it. That's my view to you yours.

"yashmaki" wrote:
yes but islam doesn't recognise the 25th of December as the birth of Jesus (as), so doesn't make any sense to celebrate it. That's my view to you yours.

lol nor do most Christians - including the Catholic Church I think, it's his feast day, the celebratory mass.

He was actually born in either august or september

It's just the day we choose to celebrate his birth but more appropriately his life and what it meant to us.

The latter part is contentious among muslims

Salam

The whole world has agreed to throw a party on 25 December.

Now, it would not seem right for me to go have a good feast in August or September.

Omrow

the whole world may do it but most muslims don't, and our prophet ?(saw) certainly didn't. Eid is sufficient for us.

Yeah but even so Dave christians still mark this day don't they? I've heard Christians in Russia and Bethlehem celebrate it on January 7th but that's coz they follow a different calender?

"yashmaki" wrote:
Yeah but even so Dave christians still mark this day don't they? I've heard Christians in Russia and Bethlehem celebrate it on January 7th but that's coz they follow a different calender?

lol for the last 24 hours I have been reading legal opinions from the turn of the last century and my head is sorta scrammbled right now so forgive me but i've read that first question several times now and i'm kinda confused... I reorganized it to this (so if I answer incorrectly that's why):

Yeah but even so - christians still mark this day don't they Dave?

Yes we in the western tradition still [i]mark[/i] the day as the day in which we celebrate Christ's birth - but members of the clergy would be ignorant enough to say it's his "birthday" it's hard to describe this since Muslims don't have saints and therefore no feast days for Saints...

You are absolutely correct about Eastern Orthodox churches, their Christmas and Easter often fluctuate because they are still using the Julian calendar... I think it's the Julian anyway.

Omrow,

lol... if that's how ya wanna think about it - a Merry Christmas to ya!

Salam

Merry Christmas to all men and women of the world, especially Christians.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

Merry Christmas to all men and women of the world, especially Christians.

Omrow

And Happy Chanuka, and a merry December generally.

[size=9]Whatever you do, know that I will always love you. Or else.[/size]

Salam

What happened on Chanuka ?

What have I been missing !!

Omrow

It's alright, there's a couple of weeks to go. 2,170 years ago on Chanuka the Hasmonean Maccabis fought to save the Temple from Greek invaders and reclaimed Jerusalem. A miracle occured when one very small jar of oil kept the seven-branched menorah (candelabrum) alight for eight days after the invasion. [url=

"100man" wrote:
It's alright, there's a couple of weeks to go. 2,170 years ago on Chanuka the Hasmonean Maccabis fought to save the Temple from Greek invaders and reclaimed Jerusalem. A miracle occured when one very small jar of oil kept the seven-branched menorah (candelabrum) alight for eight days after the invasion. [url=

I see. So these guys saved Masjid al Aqsa from a Greek mob.

Thanks to these guys.

This seems like something we muslims should be celebrating.

Good excuse for a party.

Happy Chanuka then !!

Omrow

Thanks!

And to you Omrow, and Merry Christmas!

"Constantine" wrote:
"razor" wrote:
Tode cipher isag if tfr omt hep la netcy pheri liasifuge tar oc kfro mcy phe rili a sill s wapi tf orab lu ep ete rba dge.

Figure out the above u fools.

To decipher is a gift from the planet cypherilias if u get a rock from cypherilias ill swap it for a blue peter badge.

Gee that was tough :roll:

Approximately 5 hours left in the Dave Challenge.

"Constantine" wrote:
100 USD to be mailed to whatever location you specify to the first person who can decipher the following:

Kind of muppet you taking me for?

Dirol

"Constantine" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

Approximately 5 hours left in the Dave Challenge.

I'd work it out if you explained the significance of this: [b]2[/b].

lol if I told you the significance of "2" half the code would collapse.

Sorry you gotta do the work yourself

"Constantine" wrote:

So Dave, what was the solution?

"Enver" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

So Dave, what was the solution?

It's just random letters and numbers with a big bold 2 at the end

Pages