Fate of Universe revealed by galactic lens

A "galactic lens" has revealed that the Universe will probably expand forever.

Astronomers used the way that light from distant stars was distorted by a huge galactic cluster known as Abell 1689 to work out the amount of dark energy in the cosmos.

Dark energy is a mysterious force that speeds up the expansion of the Universe.

Understanding the distribution of this force revealed that the likely fate of the Universe was to keep on expanding.

It will eventually become a cold, dead wasteland, researchers say.

Read more @

Tags: 

I wonder if this is enough to debunk the infinite universe theory for its supporters?

Their theory and attempt at explanation at why the current universe is so hospitable to humans is that the universe is infinite - always expanding and contracting in cycles, where at the start of each cycle, there is a big bang, at the end it contracts back into where it was at the start to start again. And on some of these cycles of expansion and contraction the universe can support life, and that we are in one now.

Now this article says that scientists have debunked that theory.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

How do you have the energy to get involved in deep discussions for all the topics on therevival?

s.b.f wrote:
How do you have the energy to get involved in deep discussions for all the topics on therevival?

I have nothing better to do, and I'm unemployed....

MuslimBro wrote:
s.b.f wrote:

When do you get involved with ALL the conversations on the threads of ALL the topics on therevival?

Smile

Hope life is good.

MuslimBro wrote:
s.b.f wrote:

Congrats!

Can I be envious?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

MuslimBro wrote:
s.b.f wrote:

lol

You wrote:
MuslimBro wrote:

Congrats!

Can I be envious?

Fool << yes i do mean the stare-y look not just a neutral face! Blum 3

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi