Rise of the Mamils (middle-aged men in lycra)

Flashy sports cars are out, now no mid-life crisis is complete without a souped-up road bike. Why?

Every weekend, across the nation's rolling countryside, watch out for the Mamils: middle-aged men in lycra.

And ladies, if you have a man at home taking an unusual interest in how you shave your legs, you may have a Mamil in the making too.

Research conducted by the retail analyst Mintel suggests there has been a surge in the number of middle-aged men choosing to get on two wheels.

Read more @

Looking at the age numbers in there for what is considered middle aged, 35 - 44, I have to say its scary to be this close to it already.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Looking at the age numbers in there for what is considered middle aged, 35 - 44, I have to say its scary to be this close to it already.

Man you are so ancient!

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

The Lamp wrote:
You wrote:

Man you are so ancient!

LOL - I actually laughed!

Jihad of the Nafs (The Struggle of the Soul)