THE LETS TALK SHOW IS BACK!

89 posts / 0 new
Last post

schedule:

wednesday- idiots guide to the Quran with Imam Zahoor Chishti
thursday- Women rights and role- Imam Zahoor
friday- marriage with Imam Irfan Chishti and a youngster
saturday- Q & A with Shaykh salim ghisa
sunday- mosques- we will have 3 youth who are active with their local mosques to discuss how their mosque is catering for the community

so tune in at about 11.45pm on
phone in
text in
email us... your views

MuslimBro wrote:
Who's Zahid Maqbool?

he is the media spokesperson for The Revival
he has been presenting the lets talk show for last 7 or 8 years with me

can I find the questioning technique grating?

Not every question needs a 2/3 minutes introduction to it:

"ok, I have a really important question here, and loads of peole ask this and I think it should be answered so that the people can answer it. I am not trying to make it seem like that many muslims believe this, but I think this question should be asked and answered so that any doubts people have are dispelled. It is highly important and I think the listeners will really benefit from this. When I was a kid such questions to be asked loads, so please answer it..." followed by a half a line question.

@Muslim Bro - the converts episode was good too.

I'm like the tide, I change all the time.

Or this is your true opinion untainted by the waswasahs of the shaytaan.

Who's Zahid Maqbool?

I think he did the entertainment on eid article in issue 16.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
schedule:

wednesday- idiots guide to the Quran with Imam Zahoor Chishti
thursday- Women rights and role- Imam Zahoor
friday- marriage with Imam Irfan Chishti and a youngster
saturday- Q & A with Shaykh salim ghisa
sunday- mosques- we will have 3 youth who are active with their local mosques to discuss how their mosque is catering for the community

so tune in at about 11.45pm on
phone in
text in
email us... your views

todays show has changed from above schedule

TOPIC TODAY IS....

... THE ARRIVALS...

so make sure you tune in at 11.45

last nights show was great... educational... on idiots guide to quran with Imam Zahoor- you can listen to it as well as all other shows on the audio page on this site.

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
last nights show was great... educational... on idiots guide to quran with Imam Zahoor- you can listen to it as well as all other shows on the audio page on this site.

I didn't like it.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
MuslimBro wrote:
Who's Zahid Maqbool?

he is the media spokesperson for The Revival
he has been presenting the lets talk show for last 7 or 8 years with me

Oh, I thought he was You for some reason.

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
TOPIC TODAY IS....

... THE ARRIVALS...

so make sure you tune in at 11.45

Oh god, I'll make sure that I don't tune in.

The Mashal Radio homepage doesn't list the text line or the email to the studio.

I intend to listen to them too You. So thanks for all your hard work (as your description sounds really complicated =/)

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

This show on The Arrivals was not (fully) recorded because the illuminati managed to infiltrate the web streaming system.

If anyone has a recording, let me know.

You wrote:
This show on The Arrivals was not (fully) recorded because the illuminati managed to infiltrate the web streaming system.

If anyone has a recording, let me know.

Lol

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

What can I say, they're everywhere!

THERE ARE ON MY TOASTER! O.O

I'll upload a picture as soon as i can, but you know...illuminati might kill my phone and stop me from uploading the picture...

They're*

You're welcome Blum 3

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Tonights Let's Talk Show I think is about marriage. I am sure MuslimBro is impatiently waiting for it.

and the text number is 07801951501.

You wrote:
Tonights Let's Talk Show I think is about marriage. I am sure MuslimBro is impatiently waiting for it.

(Y) +1

Where's the molvi....Imam Irfan Chishti?

Edit: His here now.

Little kiddies go to bed!

They will be able to listen to it on the site.

The issue is parents and "do gooders": "How dare you discuss this infront of my son. I will complain to the advertisers asking them to pull the funding, so that the radio is put off air!"

Can anyone verify that the Imam said that a baaligh girl can get married to a guy without the parents permission.

MuslimBro wrote:
Can anyone verify that the Imam said that a baaligh girl can get married to a guy without the parents permission.

Confirmed.

A sane adult woman does not need permission.

Ocean wrote:
Phone in!!

No way :oops:

You wrote:
MuslimBro wrote:

Confirmed.

A sane adult woman does not need permission.

He might have forgotten to mention one small thing - If the woman marries a man who is not a suitable match; lower social standing than her.

MuslimBro wrote:
He might have forgotten to mention one small thing - If the woman marries a man who is not a suitable match; lower social standing than her.

and just how would that apply in the UK?

(he may not think it an issue)

I could just waltz in any time.

I dont want to. I only went on yesterday because otherwise there would have been only one view there and it was almost my duty to go with an opposing view.

Did you listen to it?

You wrote:
and just how would that apply in the UK?

You may be thinking of the caste system.

"The general principle is that, according to the relied upon position in the Hanafi School, the marriage of a free sane and adult woman without the approval of her guardian (wali) is valid if the person she is marrying is a legal and suitable match (kuf') to her.

However, if the person she is marrying is not her legal match, then her marriage would be considered invalid. The other three Sunni Schools consider a marriage without the guardian's approval to be invalid regardless of whether the person she is marrying is a legal match to her or otherwise. As for the details of who is a legal and suitable match to her and who is not, this can be found in the books of Fiqh."

I will go by what this Imam has said.

He might have forgotten or there might have been another reason.

I've checked the book of fiqh and it confirms the link; mentions about the suitability issue. It's a serious point as the couple may be living in zina, so I highly suggest you ask the shaykh for clarification.

BD Brother wrote:
There's no upload ?

Give it some time. I need to process it and make the sound be more equal etc and then compress the file etc before I can upload it.

Pages