Ramadan Resolutions

Let's have this topic about what we would like to change by guetting rid of, or just reducing after Ramadan, inshallah

and may Allah help us.

My mum told me today that my belly seems to be like a big drum now.

I guess that should be reduced.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Reduce watching Cartoons. (right now im not going to watch any of MY cartoons until after Ramadan inshallah, even though i might still watch the odd kid cartoon my lil sis watches..)

I FORGOT TO ADD "INCREASE" SO WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO INCREASE DOING.

I'm also going to try and pray 12 sunnahs on as many days as possible

‘Whoever performs 12 Rakaats of Salaat in one day excluding the Fardh Salaat, he will be granted a house in Jannah.’ (Sahih Muslim Hadith 1691)

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

You wrote:

Your mum had to tell you that?.... you did not notice?

There is one thing I need to give up which I'd rather not mention :oops:

I've given up playing games so I'm selling my console soon. I've also deleted all my games from my phone. I used to spend so much time on games before.

I gave up chocolate in april, ima reduce the hours i spend lostening to music inshallah as close to none as i can and refraon from saying certian words inshallah

I will increase the amount of time i spend praying and doing zikr inshallah.

i should have called this topic "ramadan resolution" it sounds so much better Sad that'll teach me to create topic late at night...

Say what?

MuslimBro wrote:
You wrote:

Your mum had to tell you that?.... you did not notice?

I am not the most clued person in the world when it comes to observing it.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

now what do i do with my previous post...late readers are going to think im crazy...=P

THANKS/JAzakallah!!!!!

im sure if you dont eat too much at iftaar time it should reduce.

its probably more an issue of activity/exercise.

trying to make you feel better here...

Blum 3

you could try and exercise during Ramadan. should be...quite fun (?)

common guys! post up those ramdan resolutions so that at the end of the month we can see if we've done it (and freely pat ourselves on the back)

ok, im finding it H.A.R.D to stay away from Anime... many time i've had the opportunity to watch some but i didnt, hamdoulillah.

my ear infection has already reduced music hours.

so well.. i'd say Doctor Watson, this is a case of "you may not like something that is good for you".

but allahi shaafi inshallah.

Lilly wrote:
Reduce watching Cartoons.

Great.

It would probably be a good idea to try and improve my quality of patience.

No idea how though.

Maybe by trying to appreciate the many good things that Allah (swt) has given me.

You wrote:

Maybe by trying to appreciate the many good things that Allah (swt) has given me.

Keep to it.

I still don't know what I want to get out of Ramadan.

And I want to make real goals instead of airy fairy plans in my head that won't actually happen.

@You: not guetting impatient and complaining of Hunger should improve your patience. and not loosing your temper and thinking "oh im fasting i have an excuse". That should test (and improve) patience big time. inshallah

@Sully: well, i think you need to think about what you do in your everyday life that isnt completely related to Allah/Islam and if you're strong enough to give it up/reduce it. Then you have your ramadan resolutions.

Lilly wrote:
@You: not guetting impatient and complaining of Hunger should improve your patience. and not loosing your temper and thinking "oh im fasting i have an excuse". That should test (and improve) patience big time. inshallah

I dont do any of those anyway.

I have this trick I do where I forget about food.

*Slaps my forehead with my hand* of course! you might not say it, but you're kind the patient guy! Well, im sorry, what i wrote was suppose to be for you but i didnt think about you in context. silly me.

"this trick"? I cant think of anything that can make you forget about one of your basic need. Is it ripping your stomach out for the day? or hypnotism? or...

daydreaming. Generally being clueless.

Like today I almost forgot that I finished work at half 5... I was just sitting there and something reminded me at 5.31.

you're definatly right. but i wanna cut back on the daydreaming...i've found myself daydreaming in prayer =/

> Act my age and not my shoe size (grow up).
> Inner peace/being content with what i have (not talking about material stuff).
> Stop talking for the sake of talking.
> Give up people who arent good for me.
> Concentrate on the here and now rather than day-dreaming.

Back in BLACK

is it me or are most of revivalers daydreamers?

daydreaming is a vicious circle:

life get's tough
you start daydreaming a better life
come back to real world and its just as bad or even worse
Go back to daydreaming
and so on.

> to stop listning to music
> read as much Quran as I can with meaning
> continue with learning tajweed
> reduce the amount of HBO and DVDs I watch
> to 'NOT' spend this Ramadhan sleeping
> to eat as many samosas, pakoras and chaart as I can ......this one should not be a problem lol

Suhail wrote:
> to eat as many samosas, pakoras and chaart as I can ......this one should not be a problem lol

need to gain weight?

Suhail wrote:
> to 'NOT' spend this Ramadhan sleeping
> to eat as many samosas, pakoras and chaart as I can

Too much food = laziness

There would be a huge part of the day (18 hours) where that would not be an issue.

Relax a little. No need for the spanish inquisition.

Lilly wrote:
Suhail wrote:

need to gain weight?

o no lol ...I just like eating alot in Ramadhan.....it's the time for all the oily foods lool

.....yh it can make you lazy ....which adds one more resolution....try and attend more taraaweh than last year lol

Goal: get on with it all in the most positive way as possible.

s.b.f wrote:

I was gna say +1 but that is such a vague goal!

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
s.b.f wrote:

I was gna say +1 but that is such a vague goal!

I better stick to it being vague.