Bidding on ebay?

Is it allowed?

I've read some online article that say it is

why wouldnt it be allowed?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

if u mean bidding on your own items that you are selling then no it's not allowed....but im guessing you mean bidding in general.....i can't see why it wouldn't be allowed...

Why wouldn't it be allowed? Its not gambling - it is people tendering a price for what they are willing to pay for a specific item.

If you have something that someone wants to buy, and you ask them "what will you pay for it?" that does not make it wrong. IMO. I ain't no scholar, innit.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

As far as I'm aware buying at auctions is perfectly fine as long as you don't practice something called Najsh, which is mentioned in a hadith.

Najsh means to deliberately bid on an item that you have no intention to buy, but your reason for bidding on it is to raise the price of it, knowing that others who are genuinely interested in the item will bid more than you in order to secure it. So by bidding on the item you end up raising the final price, so the buyer ends up paying a higher price for it.

And the reason Najsh is forbidden is because it is deceit, you deceive the genuine customer to pay more than necessary.

bidding, it just sounded like a hazardous thing, where prices gets higher than the object's actual value.

but we're muslims, we know moderations and we have common sense so its fine!

problem solved...Creation of Ebay account (using daddy's name because you have to be over 18=P)

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Imaani wrote:
As far as I'm aware buying at auctions is perfectly fine as long as you don't practice something called Najsh, which is mentioned in a hadith.

Najsh means to deliberately bid on an item that you have no intention to buy, but your reason for bidding on it is to raise the price of it, knowing that others who are genuinely interested in the item will bid more than you in order to secure it. So by bidding on the item you end up raising the final price, so the buyer ends up paying a higher price for it.

And the reason Najsh is forbidden is because it is deceit, you deceive the genuine customer to pay more than necessary.

Najsh is not allowed on eBay anyway.

It isn't allowed, but I think it is possible... For example if an item has say 30 bids on it, or a lot of interest from people, some of whom have bid numerously already on it, someone could easily bid on it thinking that most likely one of those previous bidders will bid higher than them still to secure it for themselves, hence you've increased the price of the item with the intention of not really wanting to buy it...

Lilly wrote:
bidding, it just sounded like a hazardous thing, where prices gets higher than the object's actual value.

but we're muslims, we know moderations and we have common sense so its fine!

problem solved...Creation of Ebay account (using daddy's name because you have to be over 18=P)

so ur not worried about if lying is halaal or not?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

hey!!!!! im not lying!!!

i used my dad's name, surname, email address etc.. its going to be the "family account". when i'm 18 (and have enough money on that damn debit card) i'll get an Ebay account.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?