Finding a marriage partner...

204 posts / 0 new
Last post

i dont think marriage can be compared to anything, whatever commitment or any previous exp. (apart from marriage itself) you may have had. i dont think nowt compares...

im staying out of the marriage water, sounds like a good song..

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:

You've changed your tune! lol

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Lilly wrote:

You've changed your tune! lol

#im staying out of the marriages waters
too many people, im gona get battered

im staying out of the marriage waters
i really got no idea what what im gona step on!
too many big fishes, im gona get done#

blah blah blah, dyou like it?

Lilly wrote:

You've changed your tune!

I agree.

What happened?

s.b.f wrote:
Lilly wrote:

You've changed your tune!

I agree.

What happened?

what are you girls TALKING about *shakes head side to side* tutututut...

Blum 3

my friend is getting married this summer insha allah, so im guessin cos she set the ball rollin, i'll be next soon enough ( Sad )...why??? cos it just works tht way...none of my olders siblings were married, but as soon as my sister got married..BAM, BAM, BAM!
(BAM btw is the rest of them getting married)....so once im married ( a revvy user) it wont be long till one of you starts to hum #dum, dum da-dum....# :shock:
you cant fault my oh so logical reasoning right????

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

what is that i hear? ohh..its the pocahontaslike bilan slowly dying off...talk about going down with a fight...

Lilly wrote:
what is that i hear? ohh..its the pocahontaslike bilan slowly dying off...talk about going down with a fight...

hey! my name shall go down in history!! history i tell u!! as the one who has fought like no man/woman/child ever has!
'Battle of Bilan' im thinking of calling it..waddya think???? Wink

bilan wrote:
my friend is getting married this summer insha allah, so im guessin cos she set the ball rollin, i'll be next soon enough ( Sad )...why??? cos it just works tht way...none of my olders siblings were married, but as soon as my sister got married..BAM, BAM, BAM!

its already ended, pocahontas and her people didnt have gun, and as you can see from the bold bit...marriage does, you're done for...

we should create a topic "Bilan's bilans"

Lilly wrote:
bilan wrote:

its already ended, pocahontas and her people didnt have gun, and as you can see from the bold bit...marriage does, you're done for...

we should create a topic "Bilan's bilans"

hahaha LOL :lol:...i cant think of a better read... Biggrin Biggrin

all this talk about finding a marriage partner..but... what about ourselves?

how do YOU know that you're ready to become a "marriage partner"?

what would you say do you need to achieve to become a "good" marriage partner?

whats a "good" marriage partner?

just a wonderement...

oh u have nothing to worry about lills!

someone'll snap u up real quick and how quick??? now that just depends on u...haha Lol

How does one know its time to get married? Well my brother is getting married soon and like I just feel that I want to get married too so I can abstain from sins BUT I doubt my parents will want me to get married bcause am still 21 and going to go in to my final year in uni, well I've heard I need to be fianancially stable and have a job so I could support my future wife...I am willing to get married to anyone who my parents are happy with, the question is just how do I convince dem am ready for marriage as am scared of approaching dem as I have never had an emotional or close family talks with them!

Rocky

rocky wrote:
How does one know its time to get married? Well my brother is getting married soon and like I just feel that I want to get married too so I can abstain from sins BUT I doubt my parents will want me to get married bcause am still 21 and going to go in to my final year in uni, well I've heard I need to be fianancially stable and have a job so I could support my future wife...I am willing to get married to anyone who my parents are happy with, the question is just how do I convince dem am ready for marriage as am scared of approaching dem as I have never had an emotional or close family talks with them!

Just marry a rich girl, then you're sorted.

That aint how Islam works!!!

Rocky

rocky wrote:

aww :/ Before assuming your parents won't let you, you should ask them. Or tell your brother how you feel, and get him to approach them? I imagine lots of asians feel how you feel cuz of the whole not being "emotional or close" with family. kinda sad really :/

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

rocky wrote:

What do you mean?

It does not prohibit it.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
rocky wrote:

What do you mean?

It does not prohibit it.

Why take the easy option in marrying a rich girl?

Rocky

rocky wrote:

aww :/ Before assuming your parents won't let you, you should ask them. Or tell your brother how you feel, and get him to approach them? I imagine lots of asians feel how you feel cuz of the whole not being "emotional or close" with family. kinda sad really :/

Fnx 4 da advice (Y).....thing is am kinda scared of asking them :/ dont know why!

Rocky

rocky wrote:
You wrote:
rocky wrote:

What do you mean?

It does not prohibit it.

Because she's worth it?

Besides, that is not what you were saying before.

You were suggesting that somehow that goes against Islam.

That is the only reason I stepped in - you can't make such a suggestion and then not back it up.

It may be a strike against your self esteem and ego etc, but that is not Islam but personal preference or culture.

It is important to be able to differentiate between the two.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

rocky wrote:

btw ny idea of how 2 delete my account on here?

Rocky

no problem/you're welcome for the advice Smile and try and face your fears Wink I'm sure it won't be nearly as bad as your head makes it out to be! Honestly why does your head imagine the worst possible scenarios?!

There's no way for you to delete your account, unfortunately. Why do you want to delete your account, anyway?

no problem/you're welcome for the advice Smile and try and face your fears Wink I'm sure it won't be nearly as bad as your head makes it out to be! Honestly why does your head imagine the worst possible scenarios?!

There's no way for you to delete your account, unfortunately. Why do you want to delete your account, anyway?

Yeah Inshallah i will try soon....

Because I hardly ever use the forums and only come on here to read new issues of the revival mag!
& I feel like a total idiot when am talking about myself on here :S

Rocky

rocky wrote:

& I feel like a total idiot when am talking about myself on here :S

why do you feel like an idiot? No one knows you, so does it matter?

@ BIlan: SNAP me?! now that is too advanced G-talk..please translate

@Rocky, thank you for being the ONLY one (¬_¬) who answered my Questions! inshallah if you talk to your parents they wont be half as scary.

dont delete your account, when you read the mag, you can alwasys comment on the different articles, and if you have any Q's etc... you can always post. ITs better than posting as anonymous, coz then we'd know "these Q's are from Rocky"

and dont feel dumb.. afterall, we all have something in common, Revival, so we cant be THAT bad.

ok, i shall shut up now.

feeling stupid is probably an important of the leraning process.

If you are like me and think you know everything, then the chances of you learning something diminish.

You wrote:
feeling stupid is probably an important of the leraning process.

If you are like me and think you know everything, then the chances of you learning something diminish.

lool, so its more a case of you sharing ur oh so great wisdom?? Blum 3

@ Lilly! snap isnt slang at all!!! 'To snatch or grasp suddenly and with eagerness' (from the dictionary Wink )

btw, my issue is, you find a potential partner,but what happens THEN to get to the stage of 2 people being married???? :s..confused.com!

bilan wrote:

btw, my issue is, you find a potential partner,but what happens THEN to get to the stage of 2 people being married???? :s..confused.com!

what do you mean? Is this before the potential realises he is "the one"?
You ask him if he wants to marry you too?

bilan wrote:

what do you mean? Is this before the potential realises he is "the one"?
You ask him if he wants to marry you too?

ahh these marriage people, why cant they see it like it is..making it all so difficult. Even your QUESTION Bilan is confusing...

so..from your dico def. I have to wait for someone to "snap" me? dude..that doesnt sound right...

nyways! you sexist ayeeyo! are you tryna say I cant find a marriage partner, i have to let the marriage partner find ME? urgh.. this is getting all too close and personal...

you completely dodged my question. ANSWER THE QUESTIONS o.o

Ocean wrote:
You wrote:
rocky wrote:
You wrote:
rocky wrote:

What do you mean?

It does not prohibit it.

Because she's worth it?

Lol

love it!

I admire Gold diggers for all their hard work and enthusiasm.

That's what the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) did but obviously he didn't marry Khadija because of her MONEY but it was her wealth that provided Islam good financial support for YEARS. geinus how it all worked out really.

It's called Allah's Qadr, beats all. anytime Biggrin

Pages