Medecines vs Drugs

In Islam, what is the difference between "medecines" and "drugs" because both alter your body's chemistry. So why are medecines allowed and not the others.

i know its not allowed to smoke in Islam, but whats the Islam view on Coffee and Tea? (and maybe even energy drinks?)

"drugs" mess your body up
medicinal drugs are supposed to make your body better, ofcourse they have their side effects, but losing your hair's better than dying right(?)

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
"drugs" mess your body up
medicinal drugs are supposed to make your body better, ofcourse they have their side effects, but losing your hair's better than dying right(?)

the stress of losing hair leads to further health problems . . and death ?

Stress can be solved through non-medicinal methods.
And people would probably be very happy that they're lives have been saved and wouldn't care [that much] about the hair.

Anyway that was just one example :]

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Was having a try at some ironic humour, which has failed.

There is actually medicine that stimulates hair-growth . .

Funzo wrote:

Wsalaam the difference between weed and coffee is that weed has an immediate and detrimental affect on your mind and thought processes it clouds judgement as your aware. Also scientists believe the effects of coffee are outlived for a constant user whereas im sure weed will always have some affect on your thought processes. Smoking is addictive which is why some scholars forbid it whereas coffee loosely speaking isnt addictive hope that spreads some light on the issue, just my opinion anyways Allah swt knows best!

You wrote:
There were scholars in time that questioned if Coffee was halaal. it was not given an easy ride and if you do think it intoxicates the mind or clouds judgement, it should be avoided.

From [url= topic

Anonymous88 wrote:
Was having a try at some ironic humour, which has failed.

lol

Lilly wrote:
i know its not allowed to smoke in Islam, but whats the Islam view on Coffee and Tea? (and maybe even energy drinks?)

Smoking is not banned/disliked because it is smoking, but due to its effects.

That is what you judge on. What are the effects? Does the substance intoxicate or cause long term harm to the body? if so, avoid.

As for medicine, AFAIK there is a hadith which says something like "For every illness created God also created a cure" so we are meant to find it.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

What language is Medicine written in, in the title?

Another thought... I suspect that narcotics are much more fun than medicine?

just imagine a doctor going "I could give you some ibuprofen, but where is the fun in that? here, have some morphine instead"

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

s.b.f wrote:
What language is Medicine written in, in the title?

meh...guilty as charged...i DID create it in the small hours of the morning...if that can ease my case a little

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Ocean wrote:
Smoking is SO cool but it just leaves a nasty taste in your mouth...

eww!

which one taste better?
Whats your favourite medecine?

there was this cough syrup back when i was a kid. It tasted SO weirdly good, banana-ish, toffee-ish. and, in secret, i would go and have gulps of it (>.>) One day i went and took the bottle down and had a big gulp of....OIL! >.<

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?