Son beaten by father sues mother in High Court

A man is suing his mother over her alleged failure to protect him from his father's beatings.

The 32-year-old County Durham man, who cannot be identified, told the High Court in London that his mother, now in her late 60s, assaulted him herself.

He claimed that she aided and abetted daily punishment by her husband by reporting his wrongdoings.

His mother denied liability and has claimed the case was brought outside the legal time limit.

Read more @

i dont think he's doing it because of the beating...i think its because maybe his mum told him something he didnt want to hear recently...like how much she's leaving him on the will or whatever...

would you ever take your parents to court?

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

sawsan wrote:
i dont think he's doing it because of the beating...i think its because maybe his mum told him something he didnt want to hear recently...like how much she's leaving him on the will or whatever...

would you ever take your parents to court?

I'd go one step further and suggest that the driving force of his anxieties is money. Without appearing too cynical and judgemental, I find it difficult to believe that he has solely raised grievances as a matter of principal and in an attempt to overcome his anxieties.

His mother is in her late 60s and probably has a healthy insurance contigency which he he can potentially get his hands on if successful in his claim.

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

Well, we don't really know and I doubt money would be the only issue here - afterall she is old and he could potentially just have waited if the issue is one of greed...

More, I doubt there would be too great a financial benefit to him even if he wins. This is not the US with its monied justice system.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.