slaves in Islam

I really dont understand the whole Slaves thing

Muslims are not allowed to sell someone's freedom right? (aka make them slaves)

what about at the time of the prophet? there WAS slaves, were those slaves from the time of jahiliyyah, before Islam?

what would happen to those slaves? would they be freed is they became muslim? or...??

I find this a terribly interesting subject in a number of ways - but maybe not the typical.

1. So what does Islam consider fundamental human rights?
2. What about Palestine - if Islam did not abolish slavery, what is the islamic response to the calls for freedom? Should we be demanding absolute freedom or something else?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Palestine? develop please, im a bit confused...

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

the whole "Palestine must be free" mantra you hear from people.

Islam gave slaves rights, wages etc, and yes a system was crated where slavery would become abolished over time (wher ein the time of the second caliph, he even ordered all arab slaves to be freed and all others to be paid a monthly stipend in order to purchase their freedom).

What this means that what we need is for the people to have a good quality of life. That is what we should be demanding.

If that requires a two state solution, then so be it, but a two state solution etc is not the primary objective. just the means to a goal of providing the people with a quality of life and the ability to have a decent future etc etc.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

ok, got it.

i think we should go back the the basics when we talk about Palestine
i think Israel shouldnt even BE there, arent they just simply occupying territory?

Isn't that everyone?

Being in control is 9 tenths of the law. Israel exists, it is a fact and denying it does a disservice to us and to the Palestinians.

Who governs the place ios less important than how it is governed IMO.

If for instance Israel gave everyone an equal vote and equal rights, it would no longer remain a jewish state and would soon become a Muslim majority country.

So why is there a need for a two state solution? Israel needs that more than the Pallestinians.

What Palestinians need is a quality of life and some control on their events, their people and their resources.

so what you are saying is that we should stand back and let Israel kinda do what they want and set up their state with laws etc...then when they are settled the palestinians could use the israeli laws to sort themselves out? that would work out as long as Israel make up fair laws, and we actually need to communicate this idea to others

but look at France, a country supposedly secular, they managed to block and make life hard for muslims by well phrasing their laws. thats what Israel could do. and then what will happen to the palestinians?

Nope, not that I am suggeting at all.

What I am suggesting is that there is not a "one single solution" that must be achieved, but there are a variety of them.

Which is more realistic, which can be achieved and which actually works are different questions.

what do you think some of the solutions are?