Tattoos in Islam

What is the islamic position on them?

(If they are haraam, would the evidence also not make braces/correcting the teeth haraam?)

Tags: 

i've always though tatoos are haraam. im sure ive been told that. but i don't really care about them since i find them really tacky and would not wear them

You wrote:

(If they are haraam, would the evidence also not make braces/correcting the teeth haraam?)

However! this ^ is a question that been on my mind for a while, i really need a sheikh or someone to answer it for me before i get my braces.

I don't know what ur evidence or reasoning is for thinking they're haraam. but i've been thinking that since they are not something natural but u are keepng them on you for a long period of time and can't really take them off then they mustn't be allowed. Espcially as when u die ur not meant to have anything unnatural on you - yet u could die anyday with metal on your teeth. and you'd be "changing how God made you".

I've never heard anyone say anything against them though, i really need to remember to ask someone about it, although tbh i don't think il get a proper answer, well i might not trust their answer if they say its ok - my heart really says no! :S

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi