Smacked children more successful later in life

Smacked children more successful later in life, study finds

Children who are smacked by their parents may grow up to be happier and more successful than those spared physical discipline, research suggests.

A study found that youngsters smacked up to the age of six did better at school and were more optimistic about their lives than those never hit by their parents.

They were also more likely to undertake voluntary work and keener to attend university, experts discovered.

The research, conducted in the United States, is likely to anger children’s rights campaigners who have unsuccessfully fought to ban smacking in Britain.

Read more @

okaaaay.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

*SLAP*

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I knew it.

My two boys are in for a beating tonight!!!!!

YouShutup wrote:
My two boys are in for a beating tonight!!!!!

that is not the same as light chastisement.

wednesday wrote:
Maybe that's how kiddy fiddlers operate too

I really don't know what to make of this post.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Slapping is haraam. Our Ayatollah said Prophet (pbuh) never slapped children. So its against Sunnah to beat children.
Slapping or canning children is a kafir invention. It is a bidat made up by of kafirs and jews. We muslims dont do it.
We dont hit children. We treat them with love and give them good good manners. If we beat them, then we cant be their role models.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

malik wrote:
Slapping is haraam. Our Ayatollah said Prophet (pbuh) never slapped children. So its against Sunnah to beat children.
Slapping or canning children is a kafir invention. It is a bidat made up by of kafirs and jews. We muslims dont do it.
We dont hit children. We treat them with love and give them good good manners. If we beat them, then we cant be their role models.

Did your dad ever beat you?

malik wrote:

hahahahahaha
kafirs and jews invented child abuse

thats hilarious...

1R4M wrote:
malik wrote:

hahahahahaha
kafirs and jews invented child abuse

thats hilarious...

Ain't no Jew teach me how to beat my kids! It came naturally!

malik wrote:

You are amazing.

Its kind of ironic because you hear a lot of cases where kids are beaten up from a young age and they go on to rebel etc or many feel that they arent loved as much. But this is i assume after the age of six that you shouldnt hit kids because it could have the opposite affect and you start to remember your childhood kind of from that age ...

so its saying that up until the age of six, its okay to hit children??

after the age of six? Why would you hit someone before the age of 6?

Ideally there is no need or use of any physical chastisement (and harsh physical chastisement especially is wrong - it is not a vehicle to take your anger out on someone or to cause pain and suffering, but a form of teaching) and this is more so for young kids who are more malleable, probably are following the ideas that have been instilled into them in some way.

(saying that at some points parents will be at the end of their wits, so what is ideal is not always what can be or is done.)

you wouldnt, its completely wrong ... (if thats the right word for it Smile )

You wrote:
after the age of six? Why would you hit someone before the age of 6?

Say if they spilled your pint.
  • It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

good point.