What makes a person "rotten"?

The title says it all. well, most of it. What in your eyes makes a person rotten?

Tags: 

Not what I mean. When do you decide that a person is rotten?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

When the soul departs and the body rots if not buried quickly

Anonymous789 wrote:
When the soul departs and the body rots if not buried quickly

Lol

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

Do they lie because they are rotten, or are they rotten because they lie?

I had never considered lying to be such a root problem, more a symptom.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Noor wrote:
lots of things.

This is exactly what i meant by your vague answers, noorie! Biggrin

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

wednesday wrote:
The thing is if you lie, you know how to lie and once you've lied, it becomes easier with practice so lying and being rotten definitely have a positive correlation. I've had lies from people I wouldn't have expected, it's surprising to find out how well they can carry the lie.

definate.

Also backstabbers.

Back in BLACK

wednesday wrote:
The thing is if you lie, you know how to lie and once you've lied, it becomes easier with practice so lying and being rotten definitely have a positive correlation. I've had lies from people I wouldn't have expected, it's surprising to find out how well they can carry the lie.

I don't agree.

I think sometimes ignorance is bliss and omitting things is, to me, effectively the same as lying and in my opinion, someone who is MORE rotten than a liar is someone who doesn't realise that sometimes you HAVE to lie, or omit, for someone else's sake.

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
...someone who is MORE rotten than a liar is someone who doesn't realise that sometimes you HAVE to lie, or omit, for someone else's sake...

Is rotten a bad choice of words there? naive or unawares would be better fits than actually rotten.

You wrote:
MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
...someone who is MORE rotten than a liar is someone who doesn't realise that sometimes you HAVE to lie, or omit, for someone else's sake...

Is rotten a bad choice of words there? naive or unawares would be better fits than actually rotten.

But if you rule out lying completely ever, you're not considering different circumstances and i'm saying that's important

yes, it is important to take stock etc and be aware of different circumstances. (Not the same as rotten though)

A person becomes "rotten" when they use scripture to justify treating others in a bad way.

people who chat behind your back ... and you find out about it later not only is it annoying but makes you think twice about that person

and i dont like guys who treat girls in a disrespectful way ... sometimes its really bad and a person is just at a loss for words on what to say....but that is just how things are and they always will be.

Suhail wrote:
people who chat behind your back ... and you find out about it later not only is it annoying but makes you think twice about that person

and i dont like guys who treat girls in a disrespectful way ... sometimes its really bad and a person is just at a loss for words on what to say....but that is just how things are and they always will be.

Ditto with you Suhail! Also I don't like people who are snobbish and who talkd down at others, really gets on my nerves!

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

The Lamp wrote:
Suhail wrote:

Ditto with you Suhail! Also I don't like people who are snobbish and who talkd down at others, really gets on my nerves!

agreed. and with the liars

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi