respect

salaamz ppl and happy new year to u all, new year new begining as i say.. so where shall one start? i want to make a new start but there are ppl stopping me like family.. do this dont do that!! my life is being controlled!! i dont want to be disrespectful to them but how do i go about this? as i have been taught u must respect elders....

My advice to you my friend is to take small steps at a time if you want to make a change. You've not stated what change you intend on making and how people around you are preventing you from doing so. So I will have to be vague.

Even if you make small stides and pigeon steps, you have made a change albeit small. As time goes on increase the change little by little. It will ease the transition. Before you know it, you will have achieved your goal. Its not always easy to take a big leap of change, both for you, or for those around you. People dont like change and naturally rebel against it.

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

you should try explaining that, my view is not wrong and is my own personal opinion and i have my own life and can't be controlled << depending on who your talking to tho you may want to word it more carefully lol ...and perhaps prepare to duck & dive Lol just kiddin...

but erm depending on your age that may be why your not being taken seriously and whoever is controlling/guiding you may have your best interests at heart....

and surprisingly enough elders can be right on many occasions ... like i used to be kind of in rebellion back in highschool days loll and thought same thing that im being controlled ,,but now looking back im happy i had that guidance ...yh forced on me i guess,, because it made me a better person..

so before you make a stand ... seriously think of elders intention and that they may be in the right.