Danish police shoot intruder at cartoonist's home

Danish police have shot and wounded a man at the home of Kurt Westergaard, whose cartoon depicting the Prophet Muhammad sparked an international row.

Mr Westergaard was at home in Aarhus when a man broke in and threatened him. He pressed a panic button and police entered the house and shot the man.

Danish officials said the intruder was a 28-year-old Somali linked to the radical Islamist al-Shabab militia.

The cartoon, printed in 2005, prompted violent protests the following year.

One of 12 cartoons published in the Danish newspaper Jyllands Posten, it depicted the Prophet Muhammad with a bomb in his turban.

Read more @

I applaud the somalian brother for his actions...its hard to remain peaceful when u nw that someone has gotten away with something as herendouse as trying to insult our beloved prophet Muhammad PBUH...violent protests showed that muslims are not weak minded and that we will not take insults such as this lightly.

But he had not got away - living in fear is not getting away. I don't applaud him but not showing tolerance means eventually the tables turn. People will not tolerate you.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
not showing tolerance means eventually the tables turn. People will not tolerate you.

Yup.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

This just seems simple to me.

Q. Who loves RasoolAllah Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) most?
A. Allah

Q. Who's most powerful?
A. Allah

Q. Who should we leave to deal with this man?
A. Allah

Q. Will Allah deal with this person?
A. Is there any doubt?
A. No

Just reading that contains some details of what happened, and I am more disgusted with this guy than I was before.

He was baby sitting his grand daughter and had been advised previously that if anyone attacks him, his family members will probably not be harmed. So when the intruder broke in, he left her there in the room she was in and took flight to save himself:

Westergaard chose to escape into his bathroom, which had been specially fortified as a "panic room", while Stephanie was left sitting in the living room. From the bathroom he alerted the police...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
I am more disgusted with this guy than I was before. that what some of us feel about you brave wannabee jihadis

He was baby sitting his grand daughter and had been advised previously that if anyone attacks him, his family members will probably< not be harmed. So when the intruder broke in, he left her there in the room she was in and took flight to save himself:

Westergaard chose to escape into his bathroom, which had been specially fortified as a "panic room", while Stephanie was left sitting in the living room. From the bathroom he alerted the police...

why would he believe such advice, "probably will not kill his family" its just moreTaqiyya or kitman aka porky pies.

well done the danish police

its pathetic to claim he insulted someone who has been dead for nearly1400 stick and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me

Every time s muslim fenies jesus as the son of God he/she insults christ in the view of mad fundi christians - is it ok by you if such aperson goes and kills a few muslims?

show respect and you might get some if you behave tom

tom wrote:

Has anyone from this forum shown you disrespect?

Then why have you been so rude about Islam and Muslims?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

tom wrote:
why would he believe such advice, "probably will not kill his family" its just moreTaqiyya or kitman aka porky pies.

You do realise that you are contradicting yourself, right? It was the authorities that told him his family was probably safe.

and the intruder did not attack his grand daughter, even though he had ample opportunity.

Still cannot condone what he did, but at the same time, the grandfather was despicably selfish leaving the child behind in order to secure his own safety.

I cannot imagine passing up the opportunity to be a hero but that doesn't mean I'd be right. Strange as it is that he left his granddaughter at the attacker's mercy, perhaps if we were to go through his options and given the advice he had, it was the best thing to do, and not dangerously irresponsible and selfish. Main lesson we can learn, nobody rely on this guy to babysit.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

You][quote=tom wrote:

and the intruder did not attack his grand daughter, even though he had ample opportunity.

`does that psss for morality in sunni islam? nowadays pathetic

many of us do not think much of mohammed with good reason. that is our right. gonna kill us all in your jihad - and then whinge if we dare fight back?

Ya'qub wrote:
tom wrote:

Has anyone from this forum shown you disrespect? iWAS REFERRING TO MUSLIMS IN GENERAL THE GOONS AT ISLAM4UK ARE A GOOD EXAMPLE

because you CHAPS keep trying to kill us. i do indeed think that islam is a very bad thing and many muslims are or wannabe violent. and if you think we are going to roll over and let you get away with it by staying silent, think again. tom

i sm allowed not to think much of mohammed just as you are allowed to "insult" jesus by denying that he Wwas the son of GOd geddit? tom

Joie de Vivre wrote:
I cannot imagine passing up the opportunity to be a hero but that doesn't mean I'd be right. Strange as it is that he left his granddaughter at the attacker's mercy, perhaps if we were to go through his options and given the advice he had, it was the best thing to do, and not dangerously irresponsible and selfish.

Thoughtful point.

Quote:
Main lesson we can learn, nobody rely on this guy to babysit.

Lol.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

tom wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

because you CHAPS keep trying to kill us. i do indeed think that islam is a very bad thing and many muslims are or wannabe violent. and if you think we are going to roll over and let you get away with it by staying silent, think again. tom

i sm allowed not to think much of mohammed just as you are allowed to "insult" jesus by denying that he Wwas the son of GOd geddit? tom

I have never tried to kill you. I am not a wannabe terrorist. Wannabe novelist, maybe? But not terrorist.

I can't be bothered learning to speak with a horrible accent and ending every sentence with "Grrr, I'm coming for your children!"

[/quote]
I have never tried to kill you. I am not a wannabe terrorist. Wannabe novelist, maybe? But not terrorist.

play it again sam - but your team has in ww2 there were good germans but the assumption wasonbviosly otherwise and so it is now do enjoy your jihad are you going to stop insulting jesus?

Ya'qub wrote:

look at the mob from Luton now in court or the islam4uk insurgents - i call them that as the only conceivable way they can achieve their objective is by violence as they shun democracy. what's not to be rude about? stop insulting jesus and our intelligence its true thst neither your culture or religion are popular or wanted are you suprised? surely not? enjoy your jihad

tom wrote:
play it again sam - but your team has in ww2 there were good germans but the assumption wasonbviosly otherwise and so it is now do enjoy your jihad are you going to stop insulting jesus?

actually, no. guilt was rarely based oncrime but on which side the person was on and how useful they were.

Many of the generals in the West German army were also the generals that Hitler used to carry out his campaign. Many mass murderers in the victors camp were not punished simply because they were the victors.

Dresden, Hiroshima, Nagasaki. Acts of mass murder by the victors.

The majority of people convicted in the Nuremburg trials were convicted of "waging aggressive war", which if applied now, the elected leadership of the UK would also be fouind guilty, along with the last regime in the US.

Besides, you couldn't expect any better from churchil - he was gassing the kurds (for being late in paying taxes) even before Saddam hussain was born. Saddam Hussain could have easily had Churchil as his role model.

There was a time when many britons were critical of Churchil - but over time they have died out or been rooted out or not been given a chance to say their piece.

You wrote:
tom wrote:

actually, no. guilt was rarely based oncrime but on which side the person was on and how useful they were.
we are talking about internment and other onerous wartime restrictions

Many of the generals in the West German army were also the generals that Hitler used to carry out his campaign. Many mass murderers in the victors camp were not punished simply because they were the victors.

name one its true that the victors tend to write history

Dresden, Hiroshima, Nagasaki. Acts of mass murder by the victors.

no these acts helped ensure victory hey beware of taking liberties with such people.

The majority of people convicted in the Nuremburg trials were convicted of "waging aggressive war", which if applied now, the elected leadership of the UK would also be found guilty, along with the last regime in the US.
you know nothing of what you speak and do not recognise international law at all so button your lip of course the fact that they killed millions of jews did not enter into it.

Besides, you couldn't expect any better from churchil - he was gassing the kurds (for being late in paying taxes) even before Saddam hussain was born. Saddam Hussain could have easily had Churchil as his role model.

more utter bilge who cares what you think you will say anything to score points to satisfy your hatred obviously we will need to review/revise our laws as necessary

There was a time when many britons were critical of Churchill - but over time they have died out or been rooted out or not been given a chance to say their piece.

more nonsense you can and could write a critical book about churchhill without being killed by a religious nutcase at least we did not base a religion around the actions of a warlord tom

the innate violence of islam is apparent to all

tom,

I'm Jewish. My own credibility rests on my not becoming a mere shill myself. I like to think most of the Muslims here and I occupy a much healthier position in the political spectrum, for ourselves and everybody, than yours and malik's.

When any Muslim agrees with anything you said you accuse them of taqqiyeh. There is something in your logic, and for a lot of Muslims a lot of truth in the notion of a loyal band of migrants being a Trojan Horse, albeit these individuals may be well meaning (I don't know if you rule that out). But you have had replies intimating that your points would be better made (and your username might survive it if you are diplomatic) on any number of clearly radical forums. That doesn't mean you shouldn't make them here, but it raises the question of whether that reply is taqqiyeh. Surely asking you to make your case where it is useful amounts to a tacit vote of support.

I hate jihadis, but you are pissing me off. What I get from this particular discussion is that everyone is clear that Islamic Jihad as a political movement is a very terrible force in the world, but if you keep that up you raise the spectre of a similar nationalist hardcore emerging in response, and that is also very terrible.

And how do these guys manage to be so patient with you when you keep calling them jihadis? You aren't acknowledging their views at all. Your position here is inflammatory, stoking tensions with perfectly ordinary people, rather than either confronting the hardcore or presenting your points in the context of a discussion; and then you accuse the Admin of cheap shots. Bloody chutzpah much!?

Plus one, mostly.

Joie de Vivre wrote:
and then you accuse the Admin of cheap shots.

I don't think I am above them either.

Another thing to add is it is possible to conjure an enemy out of imagination - if you see an enemy where there was none and treat people accordingly, you might push the people to eventually become the enemy you were fearful of in the first place. That is a problem with groupings etc.

Joie de Vivre wrote:
tom,

I'm Jewish. another religo-centric person

When any Muslim agrees with anything you said you accuse them of taqqiyeh. There is something in your logic, and for a lot of Muslims a lot of truth in the notion of a loyal band of migrants being a Trojan Horse, albeit these individuals may be well meaning (I don't know if you rule that out). But you have had replies intimating that your points would be better made (and your username might survive it if you are diplomatic) on any number of clearly radical forums. That doesn't mean you shouldn't make them here, but it raises the question of whether that reply is taqqiyeh. Surely asking you to make your case where it is useful amounts to a tacit vote of support.

I hate jihadis, but you are pissing me off. i don't mind that - tough I get from this particular discussion is that everyone is clear that Islamic Jihad as a political movement is a very terrible force in the world, but if you keep that up you raise the spectre of a similar nationalist hardcore emerging in response, and that is also very terrible. it is posssible and may happen is these idiots keep up their jihad

And how do these guys manage to be so patient with you when you keep calling them jihadis? You aren't acknowledging their views at all. Your position here is inflammatory, stoking tensions with perfectly ordinary people, rather than either confronting the hardcore or presenting your points in the context of a discussion; and then you accuse the Admin of cheap shots. Bloody chutzpah much!?

i will say what i wish in england

its about time someone told it like it is they are sleep walking to disaster with their cult i also abhor fundi christians and fundi jews all nuts imho

tom wrote:
another religo-centric person

Not really. So it isn't just Islam you feel you know everything about, it's everyone. If I did want a "religio-centric" or absolutist education I'd know who to come to.

tom wrote:
J de V wrote:
I hate jihadis, but you are pissing me off.
i don't mind that - tough

I didn't ask you to mind that, but I was hoping you'd read one of the sentences giving reasons. I wouldn't say it's "tough" that I'm dealing with a concerted fool, unfortunate for everyone perhaps.

tom wrote:

Sure. To which of my points is that a response?

tom wrote:
its about time someone told it like it is they are sleep walking to disaster with their cult i also abhor fundi christians and fundi jews all nuts imho

Joie de Vivre wrote:
tom wrote:
another religo-centric person

Not really. saya you but your primary identity is jewish, from karachi? if you are telling th truth So it isn't just Islam you feel you know everything about, it's everyone. If I did want a "religio-centric" or absolutist education I'd know who to come to. whatqtosh we could start with grammar and then humility i know quite a lot about islam and judaism too i hsve good muslim friends and jewish ones of the reform variety

tom wrote:
J de V wrote:
I hate jihadis, but you are pissing me off.
i don't mind that - tough

I didn't ask you to mind that, but I was hoping you'd read one of the sentences giving reasons. I wouldn't say it's "tough" that I'm dealing with a concerted fool, unfortunate for everyone perhaps. i think you mean conceited fool

tom wrote:

Sure. To which of my points is that a response? pretty obvious

tom wrote:

you accused me of being provocative i intend to tell it like it is. tom, i approve of the danish policeman, and the brave cartoonist islam has been violent from the very beginning mind you mohammed was not as violent as joshua

tom wrote:

So you're an athiest who wants thing to be like they were when athiesm was less tolerated? Real smart...

British/European history generally incluses a healthy dose of religion.

tom what is this about grammar, and humility? Have I upset you on those grounds? I wonder what your close Muslim friends say when you call them jihadis, and what your Jewish friends say when you impose your Karachi-infused (wtf?) definition of a Jew on them. Please feel free to expand on your knowledge of Judaism.

The cartoons breached a taboo worth breaching, a target that might have arrested the advance of other taboos. They weren't wholly defensible or entertaining per se but the context was to confront the meta-jihadi agenda.

You didn't really respond to the points. You aren't reading seriously, you don't bother with proper answers and you don't enquire, you presume and accuse. I think these people have been very patient. The Joshua comment is a deliberate wind-up that doesn't quite speak to me. And conceited works but by concerted I meant concerted.

You wrote:
tom wrote:

So you're an athiest who wants thing to be like they were when athiesm was less tolerated? Real smart...

no i am not i am an agnostic with pantheist sympathies

British/European history generally incluses a healthy dose of religion.

yes we grew out of of superstitions just as we grew out of capital punishment and slavery you chaps sre throwbacks to the medieval

a'ha a militant athiest! Nice to meet you, tom.

Puts a new angle on things where you claim to want to preserve European heritage, but that same heritage would not preserve you. You're such a romantic.

tom wrote:
yes we grew out of of superstitions

the very superstitions that propelled science, may I add?

The scientific method itself may even have been established by people following doctrines.

You wrote:
a'ha a militant athiest! Nice to meet you, tom.

but i am notan atheist do try and not rely on stereotypes

Puts a new angle on things where you claim to want to preserve European heritage, but that same heritage would not preserve you. You're such a romantic.

what does that mean very little

tom wrote:
yes we grew out of of superstitions

the very superstitions that propelled science, may I add? no you may not

the enlightenment did that its a shame islam never had one

The scientific method itself may even have been established by people following doctrines.

some were early freemasons and so?

my knowledge of judaism tells me that it would be a good thing if israel stopped building on the West Bank that just inflames the situation does it not?

tom wrote:
my knowledge of judaism tells me that it would be a good thing if israel stopped building on the West Bank that just inflames the situation does it not?

Generally that is correct.

Joie de Vivre wrote:
tom wrote:

Generally that is correct.

muzzletoff or Hail Mary Mother of God if you prefer,

Pages