Iran, Israel, Words, Death & Destruction

An amalgamation of topics.

First a suicide bomb in Israel reportedly as a reply to an attack by Israeli soldiers.

President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad sates in speech that Israel shoule be wiped of the map, Israel calls for Iran to be expelled from the UN.

And along with this the media spins into action. Maybe to justify another war.

Quote:
[size=18]Israel urges UN to exclude Iran[/size]

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon has called on the United Nations to expel Iran after its president called for the Jewish state to be "wiped off the map".

"A country calling for the destruction of another people cannot be a member of the UN," Mr Sharon said.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's comment has been condemned by Western states and Russia, which suggested it would deepen the row over Iran's nuclear ambitions.

Iran later accused the West of turning a blind eye to Israeli "crimes"....

[url= News[/url]

Dunno. That pres is not really a politician is he? If he is I have to say he is erm 'unique'. He is supposed to see past anger and mae statements that are beneficial to the circumstance.

Instead he has scored an own goal allowing others to say how they were right when they called him an extremist.

Quote:
[size=18]'Seven killed' in Israeli strike[/size]

At least seven people have been killed in an Israeli strike on Palestinian militants in Gaza, say witnesses.

A leading member of the Islamic Jihad militant group, Shadi Mohanna, was among those reportedly killed as he travelled through northern Gaza.

Earlier, Ariel Sharon said Israel would target militants, a day after a suicide bombing in Hadera that killed five.

Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility, saying it was to avenge Israel's killing of one of its senior leaders.

Witnesses said the missiles struck a white Subaru car that was travelling through Jabaliya refugee camp.

"The explosion was very powerful, and flying metal from the car and the missile wounded many of the people walking in the street," said a witness who gave his name as Nidal.

[url= News[/url]

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Quote:
[size=18]Iran stands firm on Israel remark [/size]

[b]Iran has defended its president's call for Israel to
be "wiped off the map", saying this has been its foreign
policy since the 1979 Islamic revolution.[/b]

-[url=

They're really not helping themselves.

This makes the danger of a nuclear-armed Iran much more sellable.

I'm beginning to have my doubts about Iran.

I can't say I'm a fan of the Iranian president but I don't support Israel either. I wouldn't call for a total destruction of Israel. But what incenses me the most are news reports which claim this is a very serious matter because no country has ever called for the total destruction of another. Erm rewind? These journalists have obviously failed to read UN and other historical reports about how Israel was formed, and how early Israeli leaders denied a Palestinian ppl existed? Even today in Israeli history, the palestinian ppl are forgotten. I doubt the new generation of Israelis even know the true story of how their country was formed. So I think they'll find Israel called for the destruction of Palestinian ppl and thereafter took complete control of their country leaving them with a pitiful portion.

But what are Irans intentions? Through history many muslim countries have come forward to seemingly help Palestine, but all of these countries have had bad intentions. They all wanted a portion of Palestine to control. I can't help but think this may be another such attempt? Supposing Iran frees Palestine which I doubt, what then? Won't they want something in return?

Salam

What the hell is going on in Middle East.

Omrow

I am no fan of iran. Nor am I now a fan of iran. But what exactly is it that he said that is so bad? Those who want the person to play the role of politician should do well to remember that the Sahabah Karaam's uniqueness was that they did not bend on matters of religion.

If a person today received a foreign delegation, and seeing that they are not bearded but shave and only have moustache and in response the person turned his face away and said woe to u! The so called muslims of today who know so much deen wud condemn the person as an ignorant, as an arrogant, as a person who is giving islam a bad name, as a person who doesnt knw how to deal with foreigners, as narrow minded. SubhanALLAH!

1400 YEARS ago my Master salallahu alayhi wa sallam turned away from a foreign delegation, from the SUPERPOWER of the time and expressed open and explicit hatred for their faces.

Those who have a desire to understand will understand, and those who wish to wallow in ignorance will do so even though ALLAH himself were to speak to them. May ALLAH make us amongst the obedient repentant servants. ameen

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Yes, but you can't go around calling for distruction for an entire nation. That is inviting war.

BTW why is Iran trying to get nukes, Its haraam to kill people with fire or to poison their ammenities so nukes are defo haraam.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

its like any weapon..........that would mean swords n huns are haraam

btw, do you think they really care?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Dawud" wrote:
BTW why is Iran trying to get nukes, Its haraam to kill people with fire or to poison their ammenities so nukes are defo haraam.

according to them, theyr NOT trying to get nukes tho. and i remember in their defence the President actually made the comment that they are not Islamically allowed to have nukes anyway; as it kills indiscriminately, destroys trees etc. i was quite impressed by that, never heard a muslim make that blatant point before.

a quote from Ahmadinejad's speech to the UN:

Quote:
The Islamic Republic of Iran reiterates its previously and repeatedly declared position that in accordance with our religious principles, pursuit of nuclear weapons is prohibited.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

the view that nukes are not jaiz is not valid, the view stated by iran is not valid.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
its like any weapon..........that would mean swords n huns are haraam

btw, do you think they really care?

Swords don't kill by fire they are leggit, guns only use fire for propulsion of bullets so probably leggit.

honestly I dopn't think muslims should buy in to the mutually assured distruction bit its and alternative to Trust in Allah SWT not an additional extra. Should ban missiles, nukes and othr bad stuff.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Med" wrote:
the view that nukes are not jaiz is not valid, the view stated by iran is not valid.

Maybe for Shias it is valid.

weaponry is weaponry.

In my opinion Iran has a right to acquire nuclear weaopns if it so wishes.

Especially as he US has altered its policy on nukes, allowing it to use them on non-nuclear countries.

If Iraq had WMD, the war would not have happened. Everyone knew they did not, and the war happend on the false premise of WMD.

What was wrong with the comments? Well first they were too spiteful. Secondly they were a call for total annihilation. Thirdly they had no positive purpose. Fourthly it just gave the media something to focus on.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Med" wrote:

sez who? :? care to provide some evidence?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"irfghan" wrote:
"Med" wrote:

Maybe for Shias it is valid.

i cant see how its any different for sunnis. it'd b great to hear a scholarly opinion on this tho. :?:

[size=18]Iranian leader denies Holocaust [/size]

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has courted further controversy by explicitly calling the Nazi Holocaust of European Jewry a "myth".

"They have invented a myth that Jews were massacred and place this above God, religions and the prophets," he said in a live television broadcast.

Mr Ahmadinejad called for Europe, the US or Canada to create a Jewish state there, instead of the Middle East.

Israel swiftly denounced the president's comments.

"We hope these extremist comments by the Iranian president will make the international community open its eyes and abandon any illusions about this regime," Israeli foreign ministry spokesman Mark Regev told AFP news agency.

Mr Ahmadinejad's latest declaration reiterates comments he made last week in which he said he did not accept six million Jews were killed by the Nazis, remarks which were widely condemned.

The president also sparked international outrage in October when he said Israel should be "wiped off the map".

[url=

It's as if he want his country to get bombed.

While I still have no doubt Iran is trying to develop nuclear weapons I think my perspective on the country is shifting as well. I [i]thought[/i] democracy would bring greater stability to the nation within the international system.

But if they are electing whackjobs like this guy I am not so sure. At least the Mullahs are somewhat more internationally savvy.

I don't know what's more dangerous: Madman Nuclear Iran or Calculating Nuclear Iran.

I think US nuclear policy right is that any weapons development will be taken as a sign of aggression against the United States.

This report from the BBC should worry Israel as well as the US.

Will they do deals with a terrorist organisation when it gets into parliament ?

Should terrorists have right to take part in democratic process ?

----------------------------

BBC 16 December 2005

[b]Hamas wins in West Bank elections[/b]

Palestinian militant group Hamas has won a sweeping victory in municipal elections in the West Bank....

Hamas' charter commits it to the destruction of Israel, and the group has been responsible for most of the suicide attacks inside Israel....

Israeli officials have warned that the peace process will end if the group becomes the dominant Palestinian political party...-

[size=18]30 facts about Israel[/size]

1. Did you know that non-Jewish Israelis cannot buy or lease land in Israel? A Jew from any country in the world is guaranteed citizenship in Israel, while the Palestinians who have been there for centuries are oppressed and persecuted.

2. Did you know that instead of sewing an insignia on clothing to distinguish race (like the Germans did to the Jews before WW2), Palestinian license plates in Israel are color coded to distinguish Jews from non-Jews?

3. Did you know that East Jerusalem, the West Bank, Gaza, and the Golan Heights are all considered by the entire world community, including the United States and the United Nations, to be occupied territory and NOT part of the State of Israel?

4. Did you know that Israel allots 85% of the water resources for Jews, and the remaining 15% is divided among all Palestinians in the territories? For example in Hebron, 85% of the water is set aside for about 400 Jewish settlers, while the remaining 15% is distributed among Hebron's 120, 000 Palestinians?

5. Did you know that the United States awards Israel $5 billion in aid each year from American tax dollars?

6. Did you know that US aid to Israel ($1.8 billion annually in military aid alone) exceeds the aid the US grants to the entire African continent? This aid is used both to buy American weaponry and to buy arms made in Israel.

7. Did you know that Israel is awaiting an additional $4 billion worth of American military hardware, including new F-16s and Apache and Blackhawk helicopters. As Israel's main ally and supporter internationally, the United States is committed to maintaining the Jewish state's "qualitative edge" in weapons over its neighbors.

8. Did you know that the U.S. administration has notified Congress on numerous occasions that Israel has violated the rules on how US-supplied weapons are used? (In 1978, 1979 and 1982 during fighting in Lebanon, and once after Israel's bombing of an Iraqi nuclear reactor in 1981.)

9. Did you know that Israel is the only country in the Middle East that refuses to sign the nuclear non-proliferation treaty and bars international inspections from its sites?

10. Did you know that high-ranking military officers in the Israeli Defense Forces have admitted publicly that unarmed prisoners of war have been summarily executed by the Israeli forces?

11. Did you know that Israel blew up an American diplomatic facility in Egypt and attacked a US warship in international waters (the USS Liberty), killing 33 and wounding 177 American sailors and the US did nothing about it?

12. Did you know that Israel stands in defiance of 69 United Nations Security Council Resolutions?

13. Did you know that Israel is explicitly dedicated to the policy of maintaining a distinct Jewish character?

14. Did you know that Israel's current Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon, was found by an Israeli court to be "personally and directly responsible" for the Sabra and Shatilla massacre in Lebanon where more than a thousand innocent Palestinian men, women, and children were axed to death or lined up and shot in cold blood?

15. Did you know that on May 20, 1990, a group of unarmed Palestinian laborers were lined up and murdered by an Israeli solider as they sat waiting for transportation back to Gaza? The terrified laborers who gathered in an area of southern Israel known as Rishon Lezion (known to Palestinians by its Arabic name Oyon Qara) handed their ID cards to the Israeli soldier. The soldiers ordered the distressed laborers to kneel down and face the ground and unexpectedly showered them with a barrage of bullets, killing seven and wounding many others. Needless to say, the soldier was not charged with any crime.

16. Did you know that until as recently as 1988, Israelis were permitted to run "Jews Only" job ads?

17. Did you know that the Israeli Foreign Ministry pays six US public relations firms to promote a "positive image" of Israel to the American public?

18. Did you know that Sharon's coalition government includes a party--Molodet--which advocates ethnic cleansing by openly calling for the forced expulsion of all Palestinians from the occupied territories?

19. Did you know that recently-declassified documents indicate that David Ben-Gurion approved of the forced expulsion of Arabs from all Palestininan territory in 1948?

20. Did you know that the former chief rabbi of Israel, Rabbi Ovadia Yossef, who is also a founder and spiritual leader of the religious Shas party (Israel's third largest political party) openly advocates a 'Final Solution' to annihilate the Palestinians? Speaking at the widely broadcast sermon marking the last Passover, he declared of the Palestinians: "The Lord shall return their deeds on their own heads, waste their seed and exterminate them, devastate them and vanish them from this world. It is forbidden to be merciful to them. You must send missiles to them and annihilate them. They are evil and damnable."

21. Did you know that Palestinian refugees make up the largest portion of the refugee population in the world?

22. Did you know that Palestinian Christians are considered the "living stones" of Christianity because they are the direct descendants of the disciples of Jesus Christ? And the Palestinian Christians stand united with their Muslim brethren in the struggle against the Israeli occupation.

23. Did you know that despite a ban on torture by Israel's High Court of Justice, torture has continued unabated by Shin Bet interrogators on Palestinian prisoners?

24. Did you know that despite every Israeli attempt to disrupt Palestinian education, Palestinians have the highest ratio of PhDs per capita in the world?

25. Did you know that the right of self-determination is guaranteed to every human being under the Universal Declaration of Human Rights [December, 1948], yet Palestinians were/are expected to negotiate for this right under the Oslo Accords?

26. Did you know that despite what is widely perpetuated and written in the history books that the Arabs attacked Israel in the 1967 war, it was Israel who attacked the Arab countries first, capturing Jerusalem and the West Bank, and called the attack a pre-emptive strike?

27. Did you know that, as an occupying power, Israel has a particular responsibility under the Geneva Conventions to protect Palestinian civilians?

28. Did you know that, despite Ariel Sharon's public call for a unilateral ceasefire, Israeli soldiers have not stopped shooting, killing or bulldozing Palestinian homes? The most recent example of this is the murder of three innocent women who were shot by an Israeli tank as they sat in their tent!

29. Did you know that the Zionists have been trying to destroy Masjid al-Aqsa and the Dome of the Rock for the last 50 years by digging underground tunnels beneath the sites to weaken its foundation causing it to collapse?

30. Nelson Mandela called the Israeli government an apartheid regime, just like South Africa used to be.

beastly...where u get those 30 "facts" from?

prob same muppets who spend all their spare time reading the protocals of the elders of zion...

you just trying to deflect attention from the madman currently in charge in the fascist state of iran...

the guys a loony...denies the nazi holocaust, then wants to start a holocaust of his own...

no way iran can ever be allowed to have nukes

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

They're all over the web. Hard to know what the real source is.

Which of the "facts" do you take issue with? Which ones evoke the 'Protocols of the Elders of Zion' for you?

Talk about the Iranian president all you want. Who am I to deflect attention for him?

i am not surprise at all of those facts and have heard all of them before,
its facts not opinion

prove the facts are untrue if you can ?

anyway i cant that everything the jews been through with the nazis
they can do the same to the muslims

The israeli situation i like

you inviting someone to stay at your house, then the next morning they say it their house then just give you one room, then when you try to take your house that was rightfully yours, they kill your children and call you terrorist evil

"RAF786" wrote:
i am not surprise at all of those facts and have heard all of them before,
its facts not opinion

prove the facts are untrue if you can :?:

anyway i cant that everything the jews been through with the nazis
they can do the same to the muslims

The israeli situation i like

you inviting someone to stay at your house, then the next morning they say it their house then just give you one room, then when you try to take your house that was rightfully yours, they kill your children and call you terrorist :evil:

just wanted to know the sourse for da facts so i can check em out...dat one about the "zionists" tryin to "destroy the dome of the rock" seems a bit iffy...

israel is not trying to wipe out the entire arab population so comparing it to the holocaust is silly...

theres plenty of room in da holy land for jews and arabs...israel has every right to exist in peace and safety....im not saying israel is not guilty of oppression but the palestinians gotta stop the terrorism if they want peace, and the extremists gotta stop threatening to destroy the jewish state....

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

"St George" wrote:

just wanted to know the sourse for da facts so i can check em out...dat one about the "zionists" tryin to "destroy the dome of the rock" seems a bit iffy...

The Al Aqsa mosque, I think, is where a Jewish temple used to be.

There are people who want the temple to be rebuilt or exhumed or something. But that would invlove getting rid of the mosque.

Hardly a good source, but the Van Dam film, [i]The Dome[/i], alludes to this 'conspiracy'.

it aint just a "jewish temple"....

its THE jewish temple...check out the significance of that temple for the jewish people...

as far as i know the only part left of solomans temple is the western wall and its illegal under israeli law for jews to enter the dome of the rock...

so the idea dat "zionists" have been trying to destroy the mosque seems like slander to me...

which is why the protocals of the elders of zion spring to mind....

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

Maybe to say that Zionists are out to destroy the Al Aqsa mosque is misleading.

But that is not to say that there aren't extremist Zionist groups who are seeking to do that or that they are in the process of doing that.

Interestingly, at Camp David negotiations in US between Barak, Arafat and Clinton, the Isrealis offered Arafat East Jerusalem as his capital. But he was told that he could only have East Jerusalem above ground-level - everything below ground-level, presumably, was to remain under Israeli authority. Wierd.

"Beast" wrote:
Maybe to say that Zionists are out to destroy the Al Aqsa mosque is misleading.

u can say that again...

"Beast" wrote:

But that is not to say that there aren't extremist Zionist groups who are seeking to do that or that they are in the process of doing that.

is dat a "fact" or an opinion?

"Beast" wrote:

Interestingly, at Camp David negotiations in US between Barak, Arafat and Clinton, the Isrealis offered Arafat East Jerusalem as his capital. But he was told that he could only have East Jerusalem above ground-level - everything below ground-level, presumably, was to remain under Israeli authority. Wierd.

that is wierd i gotta admit...i dunno why israel wants the sewers....

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

"St George" wrote:

"Beast" wrote:

is dat a "fact" or an opinion?

The Temple Mount and Eretz Yisrael Faithful Movement is a Jewish extremist group that seeks to destroy the Al Aqsa mosque and the Dome of the Rock.

This is at number 1 in its list of objectives:

Quote:
Liberating the Temple Mount from Arab (Islamic) occupation. The Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa mosque were placed on this Jewish or Biblical holy site as a specific sign of Islamic conquest and domination. The Temple Mount can never be consecrated to the Name of G-d without removing these pagan shrines. It has been suggested that they be removed, transferred to and rebuilt at Mecca.

The jews believe that the mousque should be destroyed
as there should be a jewish temple because that is the only way there messiah will return

too bad they have not realised there messiah has come he was Isa(pbuh)
but the Djalal will be accepted as there messiah

anyway jews are clearly in the wrong
personally im more disgraced in the other muslim nations who sit back and do nothing

Many muslims were matyrd for that land in the crusades, the infidels held jerusalem for 88 yrs last time it was occupied
its only been 50 now, it may take another 50 ,but the day will come when we will unite and take it back, inshallah

Pages