Check the level of crime on your street!

Yesterday an interactive map offering detailed crime statistics on every street in England and Wales was launched. It proved so popular yesterday that the site crashed.

The website aims to offer members of the public unprecedented access to information about crimes taking place in their neighbourhood.

Users should be able to access figures on levels of burglary, robbery, violence, vehicle crime and antisocial behaviour.

They can also compare one area against another and compare figures against the same period the previous year to see if crime is getting better or worse.

The website also offers messages from senior officers and links to local policing priorities and information about forthcoming crimefighting events.

You can check the level of crime in your area

I think this is a good idea. Some people don't think it's a good idea at all, and think it will only hinder those areas where crime is higher, as people won't buy houses there etc. But it is information I would like to know. And also this will highlight the areas where more needs to be done to combat crime.

Sooo... what is the level of crime on your street?

The overall level of crime on my street was average. I expected it to be higher to be honest as I live in an area which is erm not seen as being as good as some other areas. In fact the whole of my town apart from a very small bit (not near me) is average. Robbery and vehicle crime crime are up by about 10% but the others have decreased quite a bit.

"compared with the rest of the W.Mids" the level of crime in my area is average and "The average number of crimes in this area has decreased from 165 to 142.7 (13.5%)"

its pretty cool.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

The level of crime in this area is average (compared with the rest of Greater Manchester)

The average number of crimes in this area has decreased from 493.3 to 404.3 (18%) (compared to the same three month period last year)

way to go!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

The average number of crimes in
this area has increased from 37.7
to 41.7 (10.6%) .....ermmmm im guessin thats not gd lol,......seems wrong tho never heard of any crime in this area......but highschool only 1 minute away maybe that contributes significantly.

errm i dont think its *just* ur street but the whole area...

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Thanks for the link. I wasn't aware of this.

The crime level in my area is average.