Actions are based on intentions

So what if you know that your intentions behind a good action (or in the plural - some/many/all actions) are not whiter than white?

Do you still do the good deed(s) or not?

it may be cuz im extremely hungry and cant think properly, but i dont understand the question...

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Action is good but with bad intentions behind it. Do you still carry out the action?

E.g. ...

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Well...I was hoping someone else could answer that...

*Hint hint* (Mr You)

How bad does the bad intention need to be?

Not bad but just self serving.

For instance... giving charity.. if you do it to gain advertising... it's still helping the poor, right? it's not suddenly turned corrosive and eating their insides...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
So what if you know that your intentions behind a good action (or in the plural - some/many/all actions) are not whiter than white?

Asalam jus a passer by...gud topic thought id fill in the gap..InshaAllah...
INTENTION!!!hmmmm i don't know about you but what better intention can there be behind every good deed, when your doing it for the pleasure of Allah...Surely thats an intention where you remember and Fear Allah and abstain from any bad deed...And Allah says in the Quran 'And those who remember me shall see right'...
Hope that answers what your looking for InshaAllah....

So what do you do when you know your intentions are not the noblest on planet earth? Does it even matter?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Allah Alones Best according to your intention...
Whatever you do atleast intend in the purest of manner...do not for example expect to get anything in return,or your claim to fame etc etc...Be sincere atleast.
Personally intentions do matter...Its amazing Allah alone knows your inner thoughts and feeling and whatever your hiding do not think to remember that Allah is watching and hearing...woop!!!

[quote=TRAVELLER]Allah Alones Best according to your intention...
Whatever you do atleast intend in the purest of manner...do not for example expect to get anything in return,or your claim to fame etc etc...Be sincere atleast.
Personally intentions do matter...Its amazing Allah alone knows your inner thoughts and feeling and whatever your hiding do think to remember that Allah is watching and hearing...woop!!!

HAD TO CLARIFYYYYYY

DATS IF FOR NOW!!!

Taking charity as an example, i think you should do it even if you have other personal interests than actually helping the people as all/any type of charity is good but it's best if the persons intentions were more better.

That might not apply to other actions?

You wrote:

yes.

You wrote:
So what do you do when you know your intentions are not the noblest on planet earth? Does it even matter?

intentions matter, your reward may not be as high but that shouldn't stop you from carrying out the good act wa Allahu alam.