Jose Mourinho Under Fire From Islamic Leader Over Ramadan Criticisms

Mourinho's Ramadan comments have landed him in hot water once again as Islamic dignitaries react with anger...

Jose Mourinho has come under fire once again after the head of the Union for the Communities and Organisations of Islam in Italy (UCOII), Mohamed Nour Dachan, slammed the Inter coach for his recent comments relating to Sulley Muntari and Ramadan.

The 'Special One' replaced the Ghana midfielder after 30 minutes following a poor showing on the pitch. Mourinho claimed Ramadan was having a negative influence on Muntari who practices Islam.

"Muntari had some problems related to Ramadan - perhaps with this heat it's not good for him to be doing this [fasting]," Mourinho told reporters after the game.

"Ramadan has not arrived at the ideal moment for a player to play a football match."

The comments have shocked the Islam world and have caused a considerable storm of criticism as the Portuguese coach finds himself caught up in another row.

"I think Mourinho should talk less," Dachan told La Repubblica.

"A player who practices Islam does not perform less on the pitch. We know that medicine in Sport and mental stability, and psychology make players perform well.

"A player who is Christian, Hebrew or Muslim will have a tranquil mind and will always perform better on the pitch."

Read more @

Tags: 

when Abdul-Kareem Jabbar (an American basketball player who converted to Islam in the '70s) was fasting for Ramadan, it was during the Playoffs (the finals of the basketball season), and apparently his points-average improved compared to when he hadn't been fasting!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

i don't see why he is being slammed over this. Whilst i defend Ramadan and its many virtues it's common sense that if you are not feeding your body there will be some negative effects. In some individuals it will manifest to a greater extent than others.

i.e this Ramadan is pretty long, many ppl i know are nauseaous or vommiting. But there are some individuals who suffer little or no side effects.
Is there any sin in admitting this fact?

I was extremely nauseous first day and had a pounding migraine, fortunately it was towards the end of the day, so i slept it off to avoid throwing up. Thankfully my body adjusted to the fasting from day 2, and now Alhamdulilah Allah has relieved me of my problems.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Hajjar wrote:
Is there any sin in admitting this fact?

Nope.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.