The Saddam Hussein Trial

Quote:

The trial of former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein for crimes against humanity has begun in Baghdad.

He made an outspoken attack on the judicial process and refused to answer questions.

Here are excerpts from the interchange between Saddam Hussein and chief judge Rizgar Mohammed Amin:

Saddam:

Those who fought in God's cause will be victorious... I am at the mercy of God, the most powerful.

Judge Amin:

Mr Saddam, please tell us your identity, your name.... You have enough time, you will have enough time to say whatever you like and to express your thoughts. But this court has procedure and we have to follow the procedure.

Saddam:

Who are you? What are you doing here?

... I don't answer this so-called court, with all due respect. And I reserve my constitutional right as the president of the country of Iraq, I will not go along...

I don't acknowledge either the entity that authorises you, nor the aggression because everything based on falsehood is falsehood...

Have you ever been a judge before?

Judge Amin:

There is no room for this talk in the court.

Saddam:

I am here inside this military court from 0230 this morning and since 0900 I have been in this dress.

You know me, you are Iraqi and you know very well I don't get tired.

Judge Amin:

I am here to ask you about your identity.

Saddam:

I have answered this question in writing and have sent it to you.

Judge Amin:

... Mr Saddam, go ahead. Are you guilty or innocent?

Saddam:

I said what I said, I am not guilty, I am innocent.

hes bieng tried for the death of about 150 (i think) people in a town, where an attmpt was made on his life by one of the townspeople....they say thats the easiet one they can gather evidence and try him successfully for.

that'll pretty much be the end of him and his comrades, the rest of the charges he will stand trial for will be for pure fun

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
hes bieng tried for the death of about 150 (i think) people in a town, where an attmpt was made on his life by one of the townspeople....they say thats the easiet one they can gather evidence and try him successfully for.

that'll pretty much be the end of him and his comrades, the rest of the charges he will stand trial for will be for pure fun

Probably but i find it amusing how he even re-frains from saying who he is. And even after everything he still seem to be the confident dictator he was when he was in power.

Yeah it was a charge for ordering the death of ove 150 people bcoz some of them conspired to assasinate him (i personally dont think they were acting alone, certain foreign powers wer prob involved). But Saddam wiped out the entire town... that wont be too difficult to prove as you said, but i'd love to hear his defense.

Back in BLACK

they put that case forward 1st coz they know he'll be found guilty. if he has a defence, it cant really be that strong - reflected by the confidence of the prosecution

he can talk like a dictator all he likes, he can only play for so long. end of day, hes a convict on trial. refusal to cop-perate never gets em anywhere

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

He is (probably) guilty as sin.

But even if he was innocent, he cannot be found so in this kangaroo court.

There is no call for 'beyond reasonable doubt'. If there is even suspicion, he will be hung. The judge is a kurd.

Nuff Said.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

aaah pooo

did you knw the court he's bieng tried in is one of them that is a cross between and international court and a domestic court?

so hes bieng tried under international laws and procedures but in a domestic court, probably to screw him over as much as possible

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

well... he did alot of bad things. He cannot pay too much anyway, as one murder=death, 1000 murders=death.

However I have an issue with the courts legitimacy.

On the other hand I would love for Bush and Bliar to be ried under similar circumstances, for the murder of 10, of thousands of innocent people.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

impossible

the USA is immune from the ICC, and they condemn any state that co-operates with it

fat chance of that happening

Blair could be, but when USA is on ur side - and ur the world 'police', ridding the world of eveil by killing innocent people at a wedding by mistaking fireworks for bombs, your doing the right thing

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Trial=farce
Court=bunch of puppets
Fair Trial= fat chance

Being tried for something he did years ago. Not that i support him but on that basis we could try the USA for vietnam, and Britain for many such offences. It's hypocrisy at it's very best. One puppet regime attempting to frame another, when both parties have blood on their hands.

Saddam Hussein and Judge Amin

Baghdad - October 19, 2005

Judge: Mr Saddam, we ask you to write down your identity, your name, occupation and address and then we will allow you to talk. Now it is time to write down your identity.
Saddam: I was not about to say much.
Judge: We want your identity, your name, then we will listen to what you have. We are writing down the identities at this time. We will hear you when we need to listen to you.
Saddam: First of all, who are you and what are you?
Judge: The Iraqi Criminal Court.
Saddam: All of you are judges?
Judge: We don't have time to get into details. You can write down what you like.
Saddam: I have been here in this military building since 2:30, and then from nine I have been wearing this suit. They have asked me to take it off and then put it on again many times.
Judge: Who are you? What is your identity? Why don't you take a seat and let the others say their names and we will get back to you.
Saddam: You know me. You are an Iraqi and you know who I am.
And you know I don't get tired.
Judge: These are formalities and we need to hear it from you.
Saddam: They have prevented me from getting a pen and a paper because paper, it seems, is frightening these days. I don't hold any grudges against any of you. But upholding what is right and respecting the great Iraqi people who chose me, I won't answer to this court, with all due respect to the individuals involved in it, and I reserve my constitutional rights as the president of Iraq. You know me.
Judge: These are the procedures. A judge cannot rely on personal knowledge.
Saddam: I don't recognise the group that gave you the authority and assigned you. Aggression is illegitimate and what is built on illegitimacy is illegitimate.

He's playing for time in my opinion.

But like Hayder said in the end he's gonna get it.

And he knows it.

The fact that he's being tried in Iraq is alot better than him being tried anywhere else, atleast here he's being put on trial by the very people he terrorised.

He's guilty and thats fact. Theres only so much time he can stall. In the end he in for a short fall and a quick stop with a rope around his neck.

Back in BLACK

Reading the newspapers, Saddam still seems to think he is the president of Iraq! He comes across as stubborn, he was challenging the legitimacy of the court and refused 2 answer what his name was :?

It's going to be very interseting to see what happens :shock:

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

"Princess_Of_Terror" wrote:
Reading the newspapers, Saddam still seems to think he is the president of Iraq! He comes across as stubborn, he was challenging the legitimacy of the court and refused 2 answer what his name was :?

It's going to be very interseting to see what happens :shock:

thats coz hes been set up to get screwed

the case has been adjourned till 28th november now by the way, apparently partly due to a lack of witnesses turning up because they were scared

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

i rate his arrogence and confidence

the man is going down big time-

yet he shows NO fear or stress

unless he's good at covering it up-via the charade of arrogence like most men are :roll:

Well legally he is still the president.... there have not been constitutionally accepted elections yet.

And now his defence lawyer has been shot dead by gunmen.

It delays the inevitable sunday roast, and adds to the drama.

"yashmaki" wrote:
Trial=farce
Court=bunch of puppets
Fair Trial= fat chance

Being tried for something he did years ago.

good....finaly justice has caught up with him...even if it was 50 yrs later, justice must be served...wot a silly point :roll:

and im suprised to see lilsis "rate" this cold blooded murder's defiance of justice...

while its fair enoght to point out the hypocracy of bush and blair, im shocked dat none of of u are happy that a mass murderer of muslim ppl is finally facing a court of his peers..

and yes admin, a kurd is one of his peers...unless think dat a kurd is not capable of independence in this matter?

:roll:

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

Actually I don't.

The problem is not that he is kurd, but the foundation of guilt in the court.

But I may be wrong. He may be impartial. I certainly would not be if I was in his position.

The court is a kangaroo court. You cannot doubt that. But it may still provide justice.

the judge is a kurd who has been trained in USA

saddam is an iraqi hated by the USA

not very impartial eh?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"St George" wrote:

and im suprised to see lilsis "rate" this cold blooded murder's defiance of justice...

:

he knows he's going down

so does evryone else

but he rather face it like a "man" the "president of Iraq"-show no fear etc

and not go wimpering and crying like a baby

what's there not to admire?

this dont change the fact that I know that he deserves it

Just a link to a news item I hinted at earlier;

Quote:
[size=18]Saddam trial lawyer is found dead[/size]

A lawyer who was defending an associate of Saddam Hussein has been found shot dead after he was abducted in Baghdad.

Sadoun Nasouaf al-Janabi, who was seized by gunmen at his office in the Iraqi capital on Thursday evening, had been shot in the head.

The killing has fuelled claims that it will be impossible for the former Iraqi leader to get a fair trial.

Mr Janabi was acting for one of Saddam Hussein's co-defendants, Awad Hamed al-Bandar, a former top judge.

The lawyer's body was found outside the city's Firdous mosque.

The Iraqi government condemned the killing.

[b]'No witness protection'[/b]

Badie Izzat Aref, lawyer for former Iraqi Deputy Prime Minister Tariq Aziz, who will also face trial, said: "If they can't protect lawyers, how are they going to defend their clients, and how will witnesses dare to come before the tribunals?"...

[url= News[/url]

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

he knows he's going down

so does evryone else

but he rather face it like a "man" the "president of Iraq"-show no fear etc

and not go wimpering and crying like a baby

what's there not to admire?

this dont change the fact that I know that he deserves it

I agree with that post. Atleast he is remaining how he has been portrayed. But by ALLAH, I will make no comment on Saddam Hussein. His issue is with ALLAH, ALLAH alone knows whethere he is guilty and if so what of. People are gonna say oh he was a mass murderer, he was this that and the other. Well so are a lot of other people around the world. If they can be met by Lord Adam Patel and MCB and Mawlana Ibraheem Mogra and no1 have much issue, then I dont c y any1 can take issue with me not being to condemnatory of Saddam Hussein.

Subhanallah, our ulama have told us that even Hajjaj ibn Yusuf expressed deep remorse and regret and repentance at the time of his death, and leading ulama of his time said that noone can pass judgment on Hajjaj ibn Yusuf, his case is with ALLAH. SO I say Saddam Husseins real trial is with ALLAH. IF ALLAH forgives him and finds him innocent then I am pleased, if ALLAH finds him guilty then I am pleased. Jo ALLAH ko manzoor, wohi hume manzoor hai.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar