Siege at Pakistan police academy

An armed group is holed up in a police academy in eastern Pakistan after attacking it with grenades and rifles.

Officials say at least 11 people have been killed and dozens injured at the academy, on the outskirts of Lahore.

Firing was continuing more than five hours after it began as troops laid siege to the academy. It is unclear how many people are trapped inside.

The attack comes less than a month after gunmen attacked the Sri Lankan cricket team in Lahore.

In that attack, six policemen were killed, while up to 14 gunmen escaped.

Read more @

As the siege ended policemen were seen cheering and firing in the air.

It's as if they are treating this as a game. That people are being killed seems to be a side issue.

BTW The list of targets seems to be ever-expanding. I wouldn't be surprised if there's an attack on a _______ next.

(Don't want to be giving suggestions or implicating myself)

seven letters. Any more clues?

As for "celebrating" - can't hold that against them as it could just be adrenaline. Or just gratefulness that they are still alive?

I do wonder if they have to file reports over the number of bullets fired etc, accounting for the ones fired into the air?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
seven letters. Any more clues?

I have given no indication as to how many letters what I fear may happen has.

Let's not get into this.

ok, I will take your post as meaning "IMO nothing is safe".

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Salam

Terrorists are feeling confident.

They are now taking police officers as hostages.

What next? The army?

This is all Bush's fault. He thought he could take them on.

White House ended up giving the Al Qeada more courage.

This is legacy of September 11.

Our governments need to think before
they do take any stupid course which lands us in a worse position than before.

World now is most certainly in a worse position than it was on 9/11.

Omrow

wednesday wrote:
I think Pakistan has become insane!

Only just now?

wednesday wrote:
I don't see the point in all of this, and blaming doesn't help either.

Actually there is one thing you can blame: idealism.

People selling others ideals that cannot be lived up to. Others desperate enough to buy into them/sell themselves to them.

Think of all the beautiful rhetoric that scholars and politicians use to stir up emotions, pride, forward motion. Add to that no one actually delivering through and you got a heady mix of idealists but no promised land.

or people. the religious and political elite who sell false ideals.

I have heard people with knowledge say things like "revolution needs blood", but they ignore the fact that the Islamic answer to an unjust ruler is not revolution but to ask for patience.

Revolution of the political system is not encouraged.

You wrote:

I have heard people with knowledge say things like "revolution needs blood", but they ignore the fact that the Islamic answer to an unjust ruler is not revolution but to ask for patience.

Where is that from? (i.e. hadith, time in history, quran etc)

Lahore 'was Pakistan Taleban op'

The chief of the Pakistani Taleban, Baitullah Mehsud, has told the BBC his group was behind Monday's deadly attack on a police academy in Lahore.

He said the attack was "in retaliation for the continued drone strikes by the US in collaboration with Pakistan on our people".

He also claimed responsibility for two other recent deadly attacks.

Baitullah Mehsud said the attacks would continue "until the Pakistan government stops supporting the Americans".

Security officials are interrogating at least four suspects captured after the attack, police say...

Read more @

Salam

I think Pakis are the best.

The Paki officers handled these militants so easily.

Compared to Pakis, the Indian police and special forces were simply crap.

Lets compare attacks in Mumbai and in Lahore

Pakis took 8 hours to defeat the terrorists. Indians took 96 hours.

I rest my case.

Omrow

Different situations.

As an example, in India the terrorists did not decide to hole themselves up in one location. they moved around while they could.

The Pakistani forces were probably better organised (The "special forces" sent in to combat the militants in India for one never had their own air transport!), but that is not something to be proud of. People died in both places.

Bomb hits Islamabad police base

A suicide bomber has killed at least five paramilitary police in an attack on a security base in the Pakistan capital, Islamabad, police say.

The attacker apparently slipped into the base under cover of darkness and attacked a mess tent, also injuring a number of policemen.

Shots heard after the explosion are believed to have come from guards.

It was the second attack on security forces in Islamabad in two weeks and comes amid a rise in militant violence...

Read more @