Bash him or not???

For me this is a really bugging issue.......so i seek the help of the forum.

Had I been how I was when I was younger, then I wouldn't ask what to do !

However, there is this young guy in my area where I am from. Since he started hanging around local drug dealers.....he has started getting an attitude........real bad .......not only to me but many elder men !!!!! When he was younger he treated people with respect, but for some reason he has become mouthy of late. He has gained a reputation around my area as being a "joker" and that is putting it mildly. The issue for me is that the other day, he started giving the eye ball for no reason whatsoever........................................and this has really infuriated me.........

I am seriously contemplating "filling him in" but then I don't wish to risk getting a criminal record for such a "joker"....................At the same time my patience may not prove too strong !!!!!

Violence is always the last resort, my advice to you is to have patience and remember if you refrain from beating him up ALLAh swt will reward you even more, just look at this as a test.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

BM wrote:
"filling him in"

Lol

I think the term your looking for is that you want to deck him in. If he is just giving you the eye then ignore him. If he says something to you then say something back. If he tries to deck you in then you deck him back. If you deck him in for giving you the eye then chances are he aint gonna call the cops (if hes Asian that is) he will just get the "boys" down and sort you out. You have to bare in mind that he wont only come after you but your family as well is that what you want? Asians play dirty!

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

ask yourself, how would the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) deal with this and then follow his example.

If you must do something, just give the boy a stern talking to... and if that fails tell him you know his parents very well and will be having words with them.

That should put the fear of god in him.

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
If you must do something, just give the boy a stern talking to... and if that fails tell him you know his parents very well and will be having words with them.

This guy is disrespecting the elders so chances are that word has gotten round and his parents know. You know what Asian are like they cant get through the day until theyve had a good gossip about what someones son/daughter is getting up to. I doubt this guy fears his parents coz if he did he wouldnt be doing this sort of stuff.

Naz wrote:

This guy is disrespecting the elders so chances are that word has gotten round and his parents know. You know what Asian are like they cant get through the day until theyve had a good gossip about what someones son/daughter is getting up to.

Where does it say he is Asian?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:
Naz wrote:

This guy is disrespecting the elders so chances are that word has gotten round and his parents know. You know what Asian are like they cant get through the day until theyve had a good gossip about what someones son/daughter is getting up to.

She assumes he is.

Back in BLACK

Ya'qub wrote:
Naz wrote:

It doesnt but its obvious. Come on since when do white guys go around giving the eye, its always the Asians that have the attitude problem and the shorter they are the bigger the attitude problem.

Tell you we will put a shart (bet) on it. If im right then you have to donate £10 to a charity of my choice. if im wrong i will denote £10 to a charity of your choice (and your charity cant be the help the Yaqub fund :P). Now all we need is confirmation from BM and you can cough up hehehe

Seraphim wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
Naz wrote:

She assumes he is.

You made that assumption as well.

Seraphim wrote:

Naz wrote:

It doesnt but its obvious. Come on since when do white guys go around giving the eye, its always the Asians that have the attitude problem and the shorter they are the bigger the attitude problem.

Tell you we will put a shart (bet) on it. If im right then you have to donate £10 to a charity of my choice. if im wrong i will denote £10 to a charity of your choice (and your charity cant be the help the Yaqub fund :P). Now all we need is confirmation from BM and you can cough up hehehe

Astaghfirullah! Gambling is haram. We should BOTH give £10 to the charity of our choice as a way of asking for forgiveness!

But its gambling for a good cause so how can it be haraam?

EDIT- plus its not gambling per say coz the person/persons that receive the money will benefit from it greatly.

its still gambling, tomayto tomato.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

^^^

• the act of playing for stakes [b]in the hope of winning (including the payment of a price for a chance to win a prize);[/b] "his gambling cost him a ...
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
• Gambling has a specific economic definition, referring to wagering money or something of material value on an event with an uncertain outcome with the primary [b]intent of winning additional money and/or material goods.[/b] Typically, the outcome of the wager is evident within a short period of time.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambling

These are missing therefore it cant possibly be gambling.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

dictionary.com wrote:
1. to play at any game of chance for money or other stakes.
2. to stake or risk money, or anything of value, on the outcome of something involving chance: to gamble on a toss of the dice.
–verb (used with object) 3. to lose or squander by betting (usually fol. by away): He gambled all his hard-earned money away in one night.
4. to wager or risk (money or something else of value): to gamble one's freedom.
5. to take a chance on; venture; risk: I'm gambling that our new store will be a success.

The Qur'an says 'Games of chance', it doesn't say 'To win money'

And I follow Qur'an, not wikipedia or the Oxford English Dictionary!

I don't mean to have ago, I know this is not really related, but it is one of the big dangers of reading translations of Qur'an and then getting your own rulings.

Someone might translate the Arabic into English, but the English word might not have such a clear meaning. You might understand it in a different way than the translator meant. This is not a big issue if your just reading for enjoyment, but for individual rulings/guidance, quite dangerous.

OK I'll get off my soap box now.

Naz wrote:
But its gambling for a good cause so how can it be haraam?

Haram = Halal

?

don't think so.

Gambling is gambling doesnt matter what you intend to do with your winnings.

Thats like me saying: please god, allow me to win this weeks lottery, so that i can prove money doesnt corrupt by giving it all away to a good cause.

Its just not gonna happen. Wrong is wrong.

Back in BLACK

Bashing him in can't be necessary. Ideally it should be possible to befriend him and have an honest discussion but if you don't have the rose tinted glasses and if his new mates are all that tough, bashing him in wouldn't necessarily be the end of it. I'd be opposed to a violent option even as a community service - better to go about your business on the right side of the law especially where you can see the sense in it.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

OK don't bash him, it'll do more harm then good. Try and understand him and try and help him and use your wisdom. You know, unless he tries to bash you then don't fight him.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Is it gambling? Because whoever wins isn't going to benefit from it. OK if she'd said "If I win you give £10 to Amnesty and if you win I'll give £10 to Oxfam" is that still gambling?

Courage wrote:
Is it gambling? Because whoever wins isn't going to benefit from it. OK if she'd said "If I win you give £10 to Amnesty and if you win I'll give £10 to Oxfam" is that still gambling?

Yes.

And may I also say:

"Duh".

Courage wrote:

They ask thee concerning wine and gambling. Say in them there is great sin and some benefit for men. The sin is greater than the benefit.
(Surah al-Baqarah 219)

Abu Hurayrah narrates that the prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) forbade transaction determined by Hasah and Gharrar. (Muslim)

Hasah is a transaction contracted on chance. Hasah linguistically means pebble or small stone. An example of hasah is when a person says to a customer �I will sell you the items on which your pebbles fall� it is clear that the transaction is based on an unknown outcome.

Gharar is defined as an exchange in which there is an element of deception through the ignorance of the goods or price

Funzo wrote:

Gharar is defined as an exchange in which there is an element of deception through the ignorance of the goods or price

But how about drawing straws? There is clear acceptance of this in Qur'an and ahadith as an acceptable method of making decisions.

its not a transaction.

Joie de Vivre wrote:
Bashing him in can't be necessary. Ideally it should be possible to befriend him and have an honest discussion but if you don't have the rose tinted glasses and if his new mates are all that tough, bashing him in wouldn't necessarily be the end of it. I'd be opposed to a violent option even as a community service - better to go about your business on the right side of the law especially where you can see the sense in it.

Starship Troopers taught me:

Dizzy: My mother always told me that violence doesn't solve anything.
Jean Rasczak: Really? I wonder what the city founders of Hiroshima would have to say about that.
[to Carmen]
Jean Rasczak: You.
Carmen: They wouldn't say anything. Hiroshima was destroyed.
Jean Rasczak: Correct. Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst.

/Yes, I have quoted this before.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You may be right that the good guy should be top dog, but I'm skeptical of that way - better to discourage fighting on our streets. You're right that incapacitating him is one effective way of protecting the elderly and so on. As far as I'm concerned it's always a last resort or an emergency measure.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

That quote was rather general.

As for this issue, I say live and let live.

One of my often disputed philosophies is that people have a right to failure/ruin their lives.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Bombing Hiroshima caused peace/solutions?
OK, Hiroshima bombed-America: "We are a Super-Power, up yours Russia!"- Cold War- Taliban v Russia- (You fill the rest)
Problem solved? I don't think so.

Ya'qub wrote:
Funzo wrote:

But how about drawing straws? There is clear acceptance of this in Qur'an and ahadith as an acceptable method of making decisions.

Can you give me an example of a halal "bet" if there is such a thing?

How about if I win you dye your hair pink.

I dont think there is a such thing as halal betting, betting is haraam however simmilar things like the pulling of straws which was probably used to avoid arguments.

Pages