is it a crime to be a muslim?

why are us muslims known 2 be d threat to society

why do people have problems with ladies wearing veils

can anyone answer dis

please i want to know.....

why is islam alwayz victimise on every single issue

1. Because Muslims trend to blow things up.

2. Because people are afraid of what they do not understand.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

wot do u mean BLOW THINGS up
like cummon not every muslim jus walks arround wid a atom bomb in der handz

its jus being purely being stereo typical

like ok a few ppl do sum bad stuff but cm on islams not saying dat so y blame d whole religion

hw is day ryt?

Because people are scared of what they don't get.
People believe he media too easily. Because we Muslims (many of us) don't challenge them on stuff like this.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

angel_muslimah_786 wrote:
why are us muslims known 2 be d threat to society

because of the way the media protrays Muslims and Islam.

Because non Muslims see it as Muslim women being oppressed when in fact its their own women that are oppressed!

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

1. Some people dont understand why the woman wears a veil they assume its due to oppression or not done out of free will.
2. they prefer women half naked leaning on cars so they sell better and quicker.
3.modesty never did appeal to them.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

what does that mean?
that only those who belive will know the truth?
the truth about what?
there is no bigger truth, this is it.
And this is the only we will live here, so why not live it well without excluding anyone.
Let's try and care for each other, let us not make war and hate, for that, life is too short.
It is not religion that says that we should be good, it's our heart and we all have one, and only our heart can tell us the truth, the heart is what gives u life, it's the heart that will stop on it's own...

let us all live, today! and now! without greed or fear...

thank you, thank you all...

I have no problem with people practicing their faith. All of my experiences come from meeting real life Muslims rather than the stereotype view that all English only obtain their views from right wing media such as the Daily Mail.

I do have a problem when people (not just Muslims) impose their faith on others in a way that frustrates people. My printer room at University was made into a temporary prayer room - I honestly had to tread past people to get my work. It was an uncomfortable atmosphere considering I am non Muslim and my university was/is predominately Muslim.

With the veils - I think that is an extremely racist view that all non Muslims wish to ogle half naked women across cars, really offensive. I couldn't care less what a women wears as long as they abide by the law of the land - for instance motorcyclists must remove their helmet before entering a petrol station - surely the same goes for all people of all religions?? We can't have one rule for one and another rule for another.

To conclude - there are ignorant people in the UK who see images in newspapers and TV but not every non Muslim does and it is unfair to place all the negativity that exists towards Islam on the shoulders of broadcasters and 'ignorant' non Muslims.

You're fairly left wingish. But did you try to have that prayer room relocated, or have the printer moved to a different side of the room? I don't get how a bunch of people praying in the printer room is imposing their faith on anyone.

Muslims are just different. Ive seen how people react to you when you tell them that you dont drink alcohol or smoke... or even go clubbing and they look at you weird. Which is almost always followed by the question "So if you dont drink, smoke or go clubbing... what do you do?"

In Ramadan its even stranger, people are horrified that I dont eat or drink during the daytime. Somehow they never believe that such a thing is possible for them to do. I dont knw if i should pity them or laugh it off... the later is my usual response. When in doubt smile and laugh.

The problem people have with the veil is that generally people dont trust someone whom they cant see. I think people try to read others based on facial expressions, but if your all covered up they dont know what to make of you. And as a result will distrust anyone whose face they cant see.
Personally i think it draws too much attention to themselves. Thereby negating their purpose.

As for why are we victimised. There are many reasons. We certainly dont help matters and alot of the time we set ourselves up to be honest. Too easily offended. Again mostly becoz we're different. And people fear what they dont understand. So the question is: would you rather be feared or respected? Id have to say is it too much to ask for both?

Back in BLACK

Honesty wrote:
My printer room at University was made into a temporary prayer room - I honestly had to tread past people to get my work. It was an uncomfortable atmosphere considering I am non Muslim and my university was/is predominately Muslim.

If they dont have a problem with you treading while they are praying why do you have such a problem with treading? If anything its the Muslims that should be annoyed by your treading because praying requires absolute peace and quiet for some in order to concentrate.

Courage wrote:
I don't get how a bunch of people praying in the printer room is imposing their faith on anyone.

Something similar happened to me at work. When i originally started i never asked for a prayer room (they are obliged to give one and adequate breaks in order for someone to practice their faith) nor extra breaks in order to pray. I always used my breaks and prayed in the locker room. One night when i had gone up to pray Fajar i was crouched on the floor with my compass looking for the direction of the kabba and a woman walked through and just started proper staring at me (i had a pretty good idea what was going through her head). i just smiled at her and continued. A couple of days later when i went back to working days a woman (who was one of the people that trained me) approached me in the canteen and asked if i had been praying in the locker room? My reply was yes. She then said if i wanted to i could use the training room coz ppl didnt feel comfortable and it would mean i get more privacy :shock:

Oh the locker room doesnt have a camera and the training room does. See where im going with this.

Naz wrote:

Something similar happened to me at work. When i originally started i never asked for a prayer room (they are obliged to give one and adequate breaks in order for someone to practice their faith) nor extra breaks in order to pray. I always used my breaks and prayed in the locker room. One night when i had gone up to pray Fajar i was crouched on the floor with my compass looking for the direction of the kabba and a woman walked through and just started proper staring at me (i had a pretty good idea what was going through her head). i just smiled at her and continued. A couple of days later when i went back to working days a woman (who was one of the people that trained me) approached me in the canteen and asked if i had been praying in the locker room? My reply was yes. She then said if i wanted to i could use the training room coz ppl didnt feel comfortable and it would mean i get more privacy :shock:

Isnt that great tho? Shes trying to accomodate you and you get a WHOLE room to yourself :D.
Give yourself a pat on the back.

"Naz" wrote:

Oh the locker room doesnt have a camera and the training room does. See where im going with this.

So they are looking for tips on praying hmmmmm sounds like such a friendly place. Im sure you will make plenty of friends in no time. Blum 3

Back in BLACK

Naz wrote:

OK, that's just paranoia.

Do you really think people have nothing better to do than watch you sujood?

I'm sure it was because people might have wanted to go and change in the changing room but didn't want to disturb you.

You need to give people the benefit of the doubt more.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:

EXACTLY. Whats with all the negativity?

Be positive yaar! lol.

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
Naz wrote:

Isnt that great tho? Shes trying to accomodate you and you get a WHOLE room to yourself :D.
Give yourself a pat on the back.

Yeah it is but its not always open so its back to the locker room sometimes.

Ya'qub wrote:
Naz wrote:

OK, that's just paranoia.

Do you really think people have nothing better to do than watch you sujood?

I'm sure it was because people might have wanted to go and change in the changing room but didn't want to disturb you.

Once when the training room was closed i went and prayed in the locker room. A lady (who i can think is a manager off another department) walked in to used the toilets and then left. After i finished praying i walked out towards the canteen and i saw her coming down and so i smiled at her and she chucked me a snide! There was no need for that.

When im praying in the training room and i come out after me prayer everyone who is on a break always shuts up (the training room is in the canteen).

So no im not paranoid. I couldnt care less, if they wanna be like that then thats there problem. They havent said anything to my face so were all good.

There are some safe ppl that work there.

Thats probably coz ur such a big meany.

Back in BLACK

Allahuakbar wrote:
Look at these 2 headlines/wordings of the same story:

and now.........

It really annoys me when they mention MUSLIM did this and Muslim did that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet. In this instance, since the stabbing followed a row with a BNP supporter, the killer's ethnicity is arguably relevant, although his name and appearance make obvious he is a Middle Eastern Muslim. But the BBC does not refer to his ethnicity as Muslim or any specific country of origin. It says he is Asian. As an ethnic description I always found that meaningless, and it probably annoys the Chinese.
  • It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Asalamu alaykum,

@Seraphim, the point of face veil is to please Allah (swt) and to stop any attraction between the sexes, as it is a physical barrier, and protects a woman further. So if people look (as they do) then they can't see anything, which therefore fulfils it's purpose; and people stare at you whether you wear the niqab or not. So you can't say it negates the purpose. If so, why do 2 schools of thought say that the face veil is fard? Why did the wives of the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) wear it? To say it negates the purpose would be wrong, as the wives of the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) were the most pious Muslim women.

Wasalam

UniteTheUmmah wrote:
Asalamu alaykum,

@Seraphim, the point of face veil is to please Allah (swt) and to stop any attraction between the sexes, as it is a physical barrier, and protects a woman further. So if people look (as they do) then they can't see anything, which therefore fulfils it's purpose; and people stare at you whether you wear the niqab or not. So you can't say it negates the purpose. If so, why do 2 schools of thought say that the face veil is fard? Why did the wives of the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) wear it? To say it negates the purpose would be wrong, as the wives of the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) were the most pious Muslim women.

Wasalam

Yes, but that was 1400 years ago and they most definately did NOT live in the UK.

Different time, different place.

This is just my opinon bty.

Back in BLACK

Allahuakbar wrote:

and now.........

It really annoys me when they mention MUSLIM did this and Muslim did that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy should have been given a medal.

The article puts the full blame on Habib which i think is wrong. The police force are to partly blame because they failed to do anything about his bigot neighbour!

Maybe if the cops had done their job properly in the first place he wouldnt have resorted to taking the law into his own hands.

Asalamu alaykum,

But remember our opinion should be that which Allah (swt) loves and that which the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) loved. So we should never give an opinion which is contrary to what Allah (swt) loves and recommends, and when we have an opinion, we should back it up with proof from the Qur'an and Sunnah. So where is the proof for your argument?...Islam does not change in time, it was and will always be the same...

Wasalam

UniteTheUmmah wrote:
Islam does not change in time, it was and will always be the same...

w'salam, it is true that the fundamentals of ISLAM stays the same, but fatawa and rulings ARE specific to the time and place.

madhabs change their rulings for different societies, and the Qur'an does not specifically mention niqab, so the ruling is not clear black and white.

It is forbidden to wear the niqab while in a state of ihram on hajj or umrah, but I have no idea what the ruling is for Britain. It certainly isn't illegal in British law, so noone should be allowed to give anyone else a hard time for choosing to wear it.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

UniteTheUmmah wrote:
Asalamu alaykum,

But remember our opinion should be that which Allah (swt) loves and that which the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) loved. So we should never give an opinion which is contrary to what Allah (swt) loves and recommends, and when we have an opinion, we should back it up with proof from the Qur'an and Sunnah. So where is the proof for your argument?...Islam does not change in time, it was and will always be the same...

Wasalam

His opinion doesn't contradict Allah. The Quran and the Hadith say the hands and face can show, he wasn't saying that it was wrong to wear the niqab. The basic fundamentals don't change but the interpretations do depending on our situation.

love to live but living to die wrote:
Naz* wrote:

*Seraph: Can I borrow your 'hmmmm' for this post, Thank you.

Yes you can. But only bcoz you asked so nicely.

United... thank you for replying. I would continue this discussion however everyone seems to have already given the reasons i would have used. Thank you bro Ya'qub and Courage.

Visa've

Back in BLACK

Joie de Vivre wrote:
Allahuakbar wrote:

and now.........

But the BBC does not refer to his ethnicity as Muslim or any specific country of origin. It says he is Asian.

I know, I was showing the difference between the 2 websites, BBC did not mention Muslim, Sky did.

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

Naz* wrote:

Oh come on your seriously telling me that he deserves to go to prison?

Ok tell me what would you have done in that situation? What if it was you that had been receiving racism for a number of years? What if it was your flesh and blood that they tried to strangle and had kidnapped?

I can't imagine I would want him to get off too lightly unless he had demonstrated massive contrition in the courtroom. But my earlier post was on a fairly marginal point - this guy has had a rough time.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

hi joey! how are you? long time no see. what u up 2 these days?

Naz wrote:
Naz* wrote:

Oh come on your seriously telling me that he deserves to go to prison?

Yes - murder is murder.

If it was a long running feud, the guy had options. Like ignoring the person, moving away etc etc.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Pages