Dawud!
17% (4 votes)
Dawud!
17% (4 votes)
Dave!
13% (3 votes)
Dave!
13% (3 votes)
Neither! Since no terms for winning were discussed and the game can theoretically continue ad infinitum.
21% (5 votes)
Neither! Since no terms for winning were discussed and the game can theoretically continue ad infinitum.
21% (5 votes)
Total votes: 24

"Dawud" wrote:
Wow, didn't see that one coming.

Hey, how are you... you mad, mad muppet Biggrin (my teeth aren't that shiny in real life.)

You still haven't responded to my challenge.

The challenge was the gam you had with Hayder about naming something from each other's religeon using last letters, except i proposed an on going one, as I don't often stay on till 3 am in the morning.

whoa! the last [i]three[/i] letters??

Last time it was he says a word connected with Christianity and I have to say a word connected to Islam using the last letter from the Christian word as the first letter from the second word and vice versa.

But three?!

That's gonna be tricky... YOU'RE ON!

hehehhehheh

oh and one more complication - you can't use a name or word that is common to both (eg "adam").

You get to start!

get on with it already!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Don Karnage" wrote:
he didnt say 'last three letters' he said the 'last letters' so it should be as easy as u initially thought it would be... do start it guys, this could be interesting.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
he didnt say 'last three letters' he said the 'last letters' so it should be as easy as u initially thought it would be... do start it guys, this could be interesting.

Oh, right!

Well since Dawud is TAKING IS BLOODY TIME, I shall start!

With the word...

"[b]Maktub[/b]" <- (I like this)

[i]Brave Sir Robin ran away
Bravely ran away, away Oh Brave Sir Robin
When danger reared its ugly head
He bravely turned his tail and fled
Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about
And gallantly he chickened out
Bravely taking to his feet
He beat a very brave retreat
Bravest of the brave, Sir Robin[/i]

I don't think it was in my Maktub to 'revival' for a few weeks. So, as Dust re-affirmed, last letter only unless you have a serious disagreement with that.

[b]Babel[/b]

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Dawud" wrote:
I don't think it was in my Maktub to 'revival' for a few weeks. So, as Dust re-affirmed, last letter only unless you have a serious disagreement with that.

[b]Babel[/b]

lol welcome back! and I agree to the rules!

This is tough...

Lut

I just realised how rusty I am. Lol

[b]Trinity[/b]

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Dawud" wrote:
I just realised how rusty I am. Lol

[b]Trinity[/b]

lol, yea I know the feelin!

Yathrib - and if that doesn't count because it got renamed then 'Yahya'

Whilst Yahya AS has a closer link to Our Prophet SAW 'Yathrib' is still valid because of Shaybah ibn Hashim RA. Biggrin

[b]Barabus[/b]

"Dawud" wrote:
Whilst Yahya AS has a closer link to Our Prophet SAW 'Yathrib' is still valid because of Shaybah ibn Hashim RA. Biggrin

[b]Barabus[/b]

lol very good then,

Sahada

I assume you're refering to 'Shahadah' meaning Testification/testifying.

[b]Aramaic[/b]

"Dawud" wrote:
I assume you're refering to 'Shadah' meaning Testification/testifying.

shahadah?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Dawud" wrote:
I assume you're refering to 'Shadah' meaning Testification/testifying.

shahadah?

lol, I never have that problem when writing 'banana'.

"Dawud" wrote:
I assume you're refering to 'Shahadah' meaning Testification/testifying.

[b]Aramaic[/b]

lol yes that!

Chador

Sorry I'm a little unfamiliar with that word, what does it mean?

If it means 'bedsheet' or 'cloak' could you describe how its Islamic/Islamically related please.

:oops:

Chadar...cloak......more of a paki phrase than islamic, but i guess women do wear chadars sumtymz!

where u been dawud

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Work, listening to Shaykh H on my phone...thats about it.

Spain???

"Dawud" wrote:
Work, listening to Shaykh H on my phone...thats about it.

Spain???

oh aye, sunny barcelona...me n the boyz Lol

comin 2mrw?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Fair enough (even if the Arabic transliterates as "Jaadr") good move.

Biggrin

Btw is Martin luther King named after Martin Luther?

[b]Reformation[/b]

"Dawud" wrote:
Fair enough (even if the Arabic transliterates as "Jaadr") good move.

Biggrin

Btw is Martin luther King named after Martin Luther?

[b]Reformation[/b]

lol transliteration is going to be a problem...

Yes Martin Luther King Jr. and his father are named after Martin Luther... which is ironic since Luther was a bigot. - antisemitic.

Nikah

[b]Herod[/b]

"Don Karnage" wrote:
which is ironic since Luther was a bigot. - antisemitic.
whoa seriously?! din know that... :?

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

Ohh yea - you should read some of his diatribes against the Jews. - Real nutcase!

"Dawud" wrote:
[b]Herod[/b]

[b]Dua[/b]

"Don Karnage" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

Ohh yea - you should read some of his diatribes against the Jews. - Real nutcase!

funny they didn't mention that in year 8 history lessons...

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

funny they didn't mention that in year 8 history lessons...

lol yea... I'll give Andover this much - it was a quality education, despite the fact I never really did much "studying" "following rules" "attending class" or "staying on Campus"

Anyway, here are some selected excerpts from Luther's classic anti-semitic rant "The Jews and their Lies"

"I had made up my mind to write no more either about the Jews or against them. But since I learned that these miserable and accursed people do not cease to lure to themselves even us, that is, the Christians, I have published this little book, so that I might be found among those who opposed such poisonous activities of the Jews who warned the Christians to be on their guard against them. I would not have believed that a Christian could be duped by the Jews into taking their exile and wretchedness upon himself. However, the devil is the god of the world, and wherever God's word is absent he has aneasy task, not only with the weak but also with the strong. May God help us. Amen."

"Therefore be on your guard against the Jews, knowing that wherever they have their synagogues, nothing is found but a den of devils in which sheer self-glory, conceit, lies, blasphemy, and defaming of God and men are practiced most maliciously and veheming his eyes on them."

"However, they have not acquired a perfect mastery of the art of lying; they lie so clumsily and ineptly that anyone who is just a little observant can easily detect it. But for us Christians they stand as a terrifying example of God's wrath."

"However, we must avoid confirming them in their wanton lying, slandering, cursing, and defaming. Nor dare we make ourselves partners in their devilish ranting and raving by shielding and protecting them, by giving them food, drink, and shelter, or by other neighborly"

And you might as well understand this as a personal letter to hitler (though I think it was addressed to a Catholic bishop)

[i]Accordingly, it must and dare not be considered a trifling matter but a most serious one to seek counsel against this and to save our souls from the Jews, that is, from the devil and from eternal death. My advice, as I said earlier, is:

First, that their synagogues be burned down, and that all who are able toss in sulphur and pitch; it would be good if someone could also throw in some hellfire. That would demonstrate to God our serious resolve and be evidence to all the world that it was in ignorance that we tolerated such houses, in which the Jews have reviled God, our dear Creator and Father, and his Son most shamefully up till now but that we have now given them their due reward. [/i]

That's some pretty impressive forshadowing.

Yea - Martin Luther was a brilliant man, theologically I find much of what he and Calvin say to be logically and ecumenically extremely sound but people have a tendancy to let inconvenient or damaging facts about such mens' lives slip away so that they can engage in hero worship.

He was a smart guy - but disgustingly anti-semitic

Dave got a Q for you....what do u think of the jehovah's witnesses?

These to men came to my house and starting goin on about them and sayin how catholics and protestants dont actually follow the bible whereas they refer back to bible on all things etc. Didnt realise christianty had so many sects within it too.

I think he was trying to convert me lol, apparently they believe that satan rules the world :shock: and that if muslims dont believe in jehovah's witnesses then they are non-believers :?

Where did they originate from?

(p.s. didnt want to make new thread so just added it here)

Pages