who is the greatest Heavyweight of all time?

Muhammed Ali
35% (7 votes)
Muhammed Ali
35% (7 votes)
Mike tyson
10% (2 votes)
Mike tyson
10% (2 votes)
George Forman
0% (0 votes)
George Forman
0% (0 votes)
Rocky Marciano
5% (1 vote)
Rocky Marciano
5% (1 vote)
Lennox Lewis
0% (0 votes)
Lennox Lewis
0% (0 votes)
Total votes: 20

since there are football and cricket threads in this forum i think ill add a boxing thread, amir khan and danny williams two british muslim fighters are fighting on the 25th

Danny williams who ultimately retired mike tyson and recently defeated audrey 'the big mouthed coward' harrison , is a devout muslim wishes to regain his british championships, what are your thoughts about him?

Amir Khan also a fellow muslim who is so eager to be accepted by white british audiences, he makes his dad dress up in union jacks, carries a english flag to the ring and uses the british national anthem as his theme tune. However he is a fellow kashmiri like myself, only 19, and future great world champion, possibly one of the best, what are your thoughts?

Also Naseem hamed is making a comeback, what you think , can he succeed again?

Answer my poll question and discuss

"raf786" wrote:
since there are football and cricket threads in this forum i think ill add a boxing thread, amir khan and danny williams two british muslim fighters are fighting on the 25th

Danny williams who ultimately retired mike tyson and recently defeated audrey 'the big mouthed coward' harrison , is a devout muslim wishes to regain his british championships, what are your thoughts about him?

Amir Khan also a fellow muslim who is so eager to be accepted by white british audiences, he makes his dad dress up in union jacks, carries a english flag to the ring and uses the british national anthem as his theme tune. However he is a fellow kashmiri like myself, only 19, and future great world champion, possibly one of the best, what are your thoughts?

Also Naseem hamed is making a comeback, what you think , can he succeed again?

Answer my poll question and discuss

its so gr8 to see our Muslim brothers participating in boxing, i fink thats one of the sports that Muslims hav excelled at, Danny Williams really admire the dude, he didnt get too big for his boots when he beat harrison he does his talking in the ring

Amir khan, very new to the scene thngs can only go upwards for him, some questioned him turning pro, but i fink he made the rite choice

Prince naseem, wiv enuf training im sure he can go back to his best or even better

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

On your poll you neglected Joe Louis, Larry Holmes (who for my money is the best) n Evander Holyfield.

I voted Mike Tyson, by far better, He could box, had speed, and devastating power, Ali wudnt hav seen him coming back in his hay-day.

"Exquisite" wrote:
Prince naseem, wiv enuf training im sure he can go back to his best or even better

GOOD JOKE Lol

Prince's style was a style which requires a lotta speed, and he's over 30 and been outta the ring too long, he wunt hav enuff speed.

But if he completely changes his style, to a more Barrera-esqu style, then the world is at the tip of his glove,

I cnt see him winning anyone of authority in todays featherweight division.

Paqciou, Corrales, Castillo, Mayweather, Barrera, Morales etc etc will embarrass him n send him into 3 more years of hiding unless he has a new style.

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

"razor" wrote:

"Exquisite" wrote:

GOOD JOKE Lol

Prince's style was a style which requires a lotta speed, and he's over 30 and been outta the ring too long, he wunt hav enuff speed.

it wasnt a joke! nethngs possible, lets wait n see shall we?

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Exquisite" wrote:

Who is this guy? The only fight i've seen of his was when MA Barrera erased him back when I was in high school.

Is he back?

Is he really a prince?

lol whats the dizzy

"razor" wrote:

But if he completely changes his style, to a more Barrera-esqu style, then the world is at the tip of his glove,

Even then I don't think so - called me biased since im a big fan of LA boxers but that 2000.. or was it 2001? fight pretty well showed the world who the man was.

I'm surprised Hamad is still even around after that...

"razor" wrote:
I voted Mike Tyson, by far better, He could box, had speed, and devastating power, Ali wudnt hav seen him coming back in his hay-day.

Mike Tyson was prob more powerful in his punch but Ali was better conditioned overall....you should have seen him in his early days...you cant forget the fact Mike Tyson had better training equiqment available to him..Ali was far better a fighter and a man with a good heart. That sums it up. A true legend.

"naj" wrote:
"razor" wrote:

Mike Tyson was prob more powerful in his punch but Ali was better conditioned overall....you should have seen him in his early days...you cant forget the fact Mike Tyson had better training equiqment available to him..Ali was far better a fighter and a man with a good heart. That sums it up. A true legend.

nicely said Wink

"naj" wrote:
"razor" wrote:

Mike Tyson might not be a "nice" or a particularly "moral person" but he did threaten to eat Lennox Lewis children!

That's gotta count for something!

"Augustus" wrote:
"naj" wrote:
"razor" wrote:

Mike Tyson might not be a "nice" or a particularly "moral person" but he did threaten to eat Lennox Lewis children!

he did ? he couldnt have been half serious. He was known to be a beast and had various nicks

"naj" wrote:
"Augustus" wrote:
"naj" wrote:
"razor" wrote:

he did ? he couldnt have been half serious.

Mike Tyson makes strange statements about children:

"My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"

"I want to rip out his heart and feed it to him. I want to kill people. I want to rip their stomachs out and eat their children."

"I wish that you guys had children so I could kick them in the ****ing head or stomp on their testicles so you could feel my pain because that's the pain I have waking up every day."

and just for the hell of it - this is the Mike Tyson version of "if you prick me do I not bleed?"

"I'm just like you. I enjoy the forbidden fruits in life, too. I think it's un-American not to go out with a woman, not to be with a beautiful woman, not to get my **** ****ed ... It's just what I said before, everybody in this country is a big ****ing liar. (The media) tells people ... that this person did this and this person did that and then we find out that were just human and we find out that Michael Jordan cheats on his wife just like everybody else and that we all cheat on our ****ing wife in one way or another either emotionally, physically or sexually or one way."

Oh Mike... you big lovable psycho you

It hard to say who the best heavyweight is, because if you look at alot of the top older fighters, they would just about campaign at Cruiseweight, because there wasn't as many division back in their time. It my opinion that all of them brought something to the game.

The menance that Tyson and the lieks of Foreman had, the kill or be kill attitude was just what boxing needed, they went in the ring with dangerous intent.

The grace and Charisma that Ali brought into the ring, he was a entertainer, just like Ray Robinson the greatest ever boxer to live.

Then you had the like of Joe Louis and Larry Holmes, both classy fighters, who very tactical, could add Lewis to this as well.

Wouldn't feel incline to add any white boxer from early in the generation as they wouldn't fight black fighters, but Ray Marciona wasn't one of them and he was very good, but not the best IMO, he was in the same mode as Holyfield.

Overall i don't even like the heavyweight division, always much prefer watching the little fighers, they know how to fight, the heavyweight always respected and fear each othe punches too much for my liking.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"Augustus" wrote:
Mike Tyson makes strange statements about children:

"My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"

"I want to rip out his heart and feed it to him. I want to kill people. I want to rip their stomachs out and eat their children."

"I wish that you guys had children so I could kick them in the ****ing head or stomp on their testicles so you could feel my pain because that's the pain I have waking up every day."

and just for the hell of it - this is the Mike Tyson version of "if you prick me do I not bleed?"

"I'm just like you. I enjoy the forbidden fruits in life, too. I think it's un-American not to go out with a woman, not to be with a beautiful woman, not to get my **** ****ed ... It's just what I said before, everybody in this country is a big ****ing liar. (The media) tells people ... that this person did this and this person did that and then we find out that were just human and we find out that Michael Jordan cheats on his wife just like everybody else and that we all cheat on our ****ing wife in one way or another either emotionally, physically or sexually or one way."

Oh Mike... you big lovable psycho you

woah blimey ! i prob wouldnt have believed that and would have though its a whole load of chatting...but he actually proved what 'animal' he is when he bit a part of Holyfields ear...he must have had a disturbing background...he was after all know to be the baddest man on the planet.

I wouldn't object to banning boxing although it's not time to make a particular push, too much resistance. Hopefully in the meantime it won't take something that shakes everybody up to shake everybody up. It's tempting to vote Tyson. I was very excited as a kid when he fought Bruno. I forget what happened, probably some kind of scandal.

Mohammed Ali should win on skill and success but Marciano should get at least a vote because because so I voted Marciano.

[img] [img]

[size=9]Whatever you do, know that I will always love you. Or else.[/size]

People people, dunt be silly,

Prince Nas aint coming back and winning anything, im surprised he even took the barrera fight when he did. He was too scared of Morales, he thought he might hav a chance with barrera, but got told.

BUT, like Big george foreman Proved, he came back after 10 years at the age of around 40ish, n became world champ. So i wudnt rule him out, im jus saying he needs a completely different style. The prince I used to watch (n ive seen every single professional fight of his) had the same style his whole career, n never evolved as most do. E.g. When Ali realised his speed was diminishing, he learned to defend conventienally n used the ropes more, n invented the rope-a-dope.

Mike Tyson, in his prime was too much for Even Larry Holmes. Larry Holmes is possibly the greatest heavyweight ever according to George Foreman, Ken Norton and Joe Frazier.

Mike Tyson would hav been too powerful for Rocky Marciano. He would have been to fast n powerful for Joe Louis, n woulda dodged his jabs all day long, n just thrown punches over his jabs, same with Sonny Liston. He was just as powerful as Foreman, but a hell lot faster, he woulda knocked george out in 5 or 6 rounds.

Frazier vs Mike Tyson woulda been a good fight, but Frazier's forward pessing style vs mike's, thers only one thing thas gonna happen. BOOM, FRAZIER GOES DOWN IN 4.

As for Muhammad Ali, I love the guy jus as much as the nex guy. Great outside of the ring, aswell as inside, he dun a lot for race relation etc etc.

But put that to one side, n look at the boxer in his hay-day. When he came back after suspension, n got knocked out by frazier, Why? becuz he didnt defend conventially or effectively. Mike Tyson wudda dun to him what frazier did 1st tym round, jus a hell lot sooner in the fight.

While we on the topic, Nex weekend is Fernando Vargas vs "Sugar" Shane Mosely. Wat yo verdicts, who wins, what round.

I reckon it shud be a cracker of a fight, they both crazy figther who go for the kill.

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight