Time management

Salaam

How you lot at time management?

Any good tips?

Me I am really poor at it - atm I have so many things to do that I generally end up doing nothing! That ofcourse leaves a bigger pile of things to do in the future...

one thing at a time works.

especially when in your mind you have several things to do like i currently have......jus say toy yourself,....right this thing needs doing by a certain day, i will do that first. once its done, your already half way there, because your load has decreased and you feel like your getting somewhere.

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Convince yourself theres no tomorrow and if you dont get it done someones gonna put a gun to your head and pull the trigger.

Thats how i generally get through it all.

Back in BLACK

but... but... I am a fan of chaos!

and doing things one at a time is not always possible, or has a negative impact.

eg, I have not updated the main site in quite a while...

Besides not everything is sequential...

So I just do nothing.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Make a timetable the day before or a list of things you need to do, tick them off as you've completed each task. Then treat yourself at the end of the day to some ice cream :mrgreen:

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

Good idea... with the icecream.

For me it less less about having a timetable (which would help - I do not plan anything in advance! and when I break that habit I tend to then not follow through on the planning...) and more about having too much to do... some of it being things that could take anywhere between five minutes and a few weeks...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"You" wrote:
but... but... I am a fan of chaos!

and doing things one at a time is not always possible, or has a negative impact.

eg, I have not updated the main site in quite a while...

Besides not everything is sequential...

So I just do nothing.

you need to start by stop thinking and behaving negative all the time

no offence mr admin, you seem to have a major problem with being positive and active Smile

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Seraphim" wrote:
Convince yourself theres no tomorrow and if you dont get it done someones gonna put a gun to your head and pull the trigger.

Thats how i generally get through it all.

Thats quite good, I might try that.

@ Admin. Anger has always been my biggest reason for doing a task. You need to make yourself really angry with the task, and channel that energy into getting the thing done. Just think of all the agro this task is causing you.
Don't try and say "but if I get angry, I'll vent my frustration by not doing the task." That's not true, if you really were angry, you'd vent your frustration by doing the task and then rapping it round a brick and throwing it at the person who gave it you.

Time management is 2% planning and 98% doing.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

I no longer get angry. Well. i probably will if something serious enough crops up, but nothing has for months and months... I've taken a sucker punch to the face and kept my cool!

And "kept my cool" in this instance means not even bearing ill will for what was undoubtedly a declaration of war.

Just wanted to clear up that i am not a robot - I got angry once just before christmas.

Called a manager at work an incompetent hypocrite in front of everyone. I was absolutely fuming over three minutes of unpaid overtime. Biggrin

Time management is my forte...been pro at it ever since I was a kid. During lectures in Uni, I was known to scribble lists down in order of priority. Evn now in boring meetings..or when I have nothing better to do I list down all the things that need to be done. This may be anything - mark kids english books, or buy shampoo from boots.

And personally, I cant relax knowing I have something important to do...and I def cant relax knowing that someone is depending on me.

I'm slightly OCD like that...but at the same time, it meant that assignments at Uni were always completed weeks before the deadline.

I just LOVE the feeling of being content, relaxed and free...which is only achieved when my 'to do' list is cleared....and regarding time management. One just has to make the most of all free times - I'm considering joining the gym during my one hour lunch break in school cos I honestly cant see when I can fit it in any other time.

I've kind of given up on time. I'd sooner relax and guess I have an irreparable shortcoming than struggle and be sure.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens