who's pretty boy then?

"Sirus" wrote:
"Mr Honey's Day Out" wrote:
The "New Man" is a good thing, basically an all-round nice guy who can act like a gentleman and still help with the washing up, not to be confused with emos and spoiled, camp fashionistas. None of those are so new, but men have had to take more account of chauvinism. Hasn't filtered through to all of society though. Some of what MuslimSister is saying I can barely relate to, like these tough-as[size=12]s[/size] kids. I don't like that.

They may call it the new man, but i wouldnt say its actually a new thing. But i agree, i dont like tough-behind kids, nor the camp fashionists

There's no doubt about it - men are spending more on their personal beauty regime. Facials, manicures and serums are no longer limited to women, as their other halves realise the importance of paying more attention to their skins.

Celebrities like George Clooney (who admitted to having an eyelift), Chelsea football manager Jose Mourinho, David Beckham and even Noel Gallagher (who was spotted buying wrinkle cream from Superdrug) are proof that looking after your looks doesn't mean sacrificing your masculinity.

"In the last few years, it has become accepted in our society for men to care about and take care of their appearances," says Essie Weingarten, founder and president of Essie nailcare.

"Men now realise that they can be judged by how they look and therefore they need to groom themselves. Manicures and pedicures are now commonplace and even acceptable for men, as hands and nails are one of the first things people notice when meeting someone new."

Pass the guyliner

After years of opting for the weather-beaten look, it seems more men want to stay looking fitter and younger, and they're using make-up to do it," Kerry says.

"While there's still a stigma among the older generation about men using skincare and cosmetics, many of our male customers have been brought up in more liberal times."

Make-up for men isn't about looking like a drag queen, with red lips and kohl-lined eyes, or following the season's colour trends.

It's more about making the most of their existing features, and includes simple tasks like applying hand cream and lip balm, the clever use of concealer to disguise under-eye bags and puffiness, and grooming the eyebrows.

:shock:

It's all very well for celebrities or people with a well-rounded lifestyle and a sensible income to look good. When they and advertisers aided and abetted by the paparazzi make more of physical appearance and other light entertainment news than their useful traits and activities, the value of the role model is impaired. There's nothing useful anyone can learn from P Diddy's extravagant fashion or Britney Spears' new shock haircut. Not that we need biographical notes, but the immense shallowness of popular culture is producing a generation of [color=default]dum[/color]b wasters.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

"Mr Honey's Day Out" wrote:
It's all very well for celebrities or people with a well-rounded lifestyle and a sensible income to look good. When they and advertisers aided and abetted by the paparazzi make more of physical appearance and other light entertainment news than their useful traits and activities, the value of the role model is impaired. There's nothing useful anyone can learn from P Diddy's extravagant fashion or Britney Spears' new shock haircut. Not that we need biographical notes, but the immense shallowness of popular culture is producing a generation of [color=default]dum[/color]b wasters.

Exactly. The amount of times we have to hear about Paris Hilton, even before her trial and sentence, its just stupid. I hate the whole idea of getting inside the private lives of celebs. That wasnt related to the topic as such, but still.

Hand cream? I suppose lip balm isnt too bad if you have chapped lips, but otherwise, that and all cosmetics for guys is batty. I admit, i have had threading done. Thats probably it

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Quote:
[url= dads[/b][/size][/url]

More and more fathers are reducing overtime and turning down promotions to look after their children, according to a survey.

Nearly half of the 1,000 people questioned by finance firm ING Direct said they had chosen to put careers on hold.

Those men were forfeiting an average of £2,800 in pay each year, it found.

It follows an Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) call to remove barriers stopping fathers playing a more active role with children.

Not such a bad thing i think

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ