Why the difference???

I dont know why this is but its just dawned on me and i want to know why there is a difference.

Right for all my life ive been going to a predominantly (arab) mosque and this one time noone could attend so we had to go to a predominantly (Pakistani) mosque, Anyways why is there a difference in time for praying the duhr on a friday??? (half an hour later than i was used to) in the middle east - Kuwait, Jordan etc (and the mosque i usually attend)

I dont like having to use the term 'arab' or 'pakistani' mosque but im just illustarting there makeup of people.

What is this time difference about???

As far as im aware (im sure some1 will correct me if im wrong)

The times for prayers are calculated and are supposed to be read during certain times of the day (im sure u knw this bit) as fajhr begins b4 the sun rises and maghrab after the sun has set.

Times differ from one mosque to another (doesnt matter if its a Pakistani mosque or an Arab mosque) bcoz they sometimes get these time calculations in guidance with prayer times from other countries i.e. Pakistan, Saudi etc.

That and the fact that the sun rises and sets here differently compared to other places, add to it the fact that seprate sects within Islam hav different opinions on when to pray and where its 'acceptable' to use guidlines of 'acceptable' countries.

IMO people are just being selfish.

Back in BLACK

every mosque can have different timings (apart from maghrib), as long as they are within the permitted limits.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.