THE REVIVAL AGONY AUNT- Ruqayya W Maqsood

Salaam

I am happy to announce that Ruqqaya Waris Maqsood is happy to work with The Revival as an Agony Aunt. Her answers will be posted on the site and also in every issue of the magazine.

So ppl, get the word out....and send any problems, queries, general questions, sticky situations, moral dilemmas to:

These will be passed on to Sr Ruqayyah inshallah.

So what do you think ppl?

wasalaam

dont all post at once Biggrin

not a good idea i take it then...

ur getting blanked

tell me how does it feel?

but anyway its a good idea-we all have problems

except for me who's happy and stress free in every way possible

Dirol

Cool,

Heres the first question... im driving down a road and come to a 'Y' junction, where the road splits in 2. Im not sure which way to go. Just off the 'Y' junction is a house where a pair of twins live.
One always lies and the other always tells the truth.

If i can only ask one of them one question, what do i ask?

Back in BLACK

dis is wicked about time an agony aunt....seraph u hilarious

"Seraph" wrote:
Cool,

Heres the first question... im driving down a road and come to a 'Y' junction, where the road splits in 2. Im not sure which way to go. Just off the 'Y' junction is a house where a pair of twins live.

problem page, not fun page Biggrin

do you think there is a demand, interest in a PROBLEMS PAGE...Or i sit out of dat enowadays...will it look out o fplace in the magazine?

"Seraph" wrote:
Cool,

Ask them if they're actually twins?

To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead.

i guess it aint 2 bad of an idea, but make sure the peoples problems u put in there are common amongst the youth. not the typical asian agonay aunts.....i married this man forcefully, hea beat me, i stole his money, the kid killed us both etc etc etc Biggrin

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
Salaam

I am happy to announce that Ruqqaya Waris Maqsood is happy to work with The Revival as an Agony Aunt. Her answers will be posted on the site and also in every issue of the magazine.

So ppl, get the word out....and send any problems, queries, general questions, sticky situations, moral dilemmas to:

wasalaam

eh if u came to this forum more often u wud remeber frm before we were totally into the idea of havin an agony aunt :roll:

so yeh we wud love one, i knw one person who will have will have weird and crazy questions to ask, once she finds out she will be over the moon!

"angel" wrote:
Salaam

wasalaam

eh if u came to this forum more often u wud remeber frm before we were totally into the idea of havin an agony aunt :roll:

so yeh we wud love one, i knw one person who will have will have weird and crazy questions to ask, once she finds out she will be over the moon!

it was an idea before but now Sr Ruqayya is confirmed...
you're another one who likes to have a go at me.... Smile

"Hayder Hussain" wrote:
i guess it aint 2 bad of an idea, but make sure the peoples problems u put in there are common amongst the youth. not the typical asian agonay aunts.....i married this man forcefully, hea beat me, i stole his money, the kid killed us both etc etc etc Biggrin

Salaam

Actually it’s good to have “typical” problems answered by Sr Ruqqaya…cos in most situations what stresses out one Muslim Youth is also stressing out another Muslim youth as well…

It’ll be great to have her on board.

Wasalaam

yeah, i meant good questions answered which may affect the youth. by that i mean dont include ones that dont, i.e. immogration probz, or daft ones ive read sometimes.

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

i think its a brilliant idea Biggrin

IMO it will attract more youth 2 read the mag - there can never be too much advice going around so ppl are always gona want 2 read the 'problems page'

plus sister Ruqaiya is great in relating to youth...i mentioned the book written by her in the 'bookworm' thread...so yeh its all good!!!

Salam

I just want to know two things from Maqsood.

1. Why has she got a male name.

2. And is she a Wahhabi.

Everything else will depend on the answers to these questions.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

I just want to know two things from Maqsood.

1. Why has she got a male name.

2. And is she a Wahhabi.

Everything else will depend on the answers to these questions.

Omrow

Why is that even relavant?

Dont you think MrEd will read her replies first before publishing it?

Back in BLACK

Salam

Can you imagine if she turns out to be one of those. In that case, I need to get my blades out. We cant have blunt knives for such people.

We need to be ready for her. Never get caught with your pants down. Especially by a woman with a male name.

Now you know why it is relevant.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:
We need to be ready for her. Never get caught with your pants down. Especially by a woman with a male name.

jeez..what planet are u on?

we'r talking about an agony aunt - a problem page for a Muslim youth mag NOT anything about getin caught with your pants down!

p.s Ruqaiyyah aint a male name :?

i think he meant maqsood. its a surname, usually taken from husband.

im sure shes not wahabbi, ed wudnt ger her otherwise.

ryt, this may sound daft, but who is Sr Ruqayyah?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Salam

What !! She took her husband's name ??

Thats stealing.

Why can't she have her own name.

Omrow

SURNAME! most women adopt there husbands surname as thier own, theyre not just born with the same surnames u knw!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Salam

Adoption ? She was not thinking was she.

Can you imagine me calling her: Hey Maqsood. How are you ?

Only women do such stupid things.

Omrow

"Hayder Hussain" wrote:

shes an author..written quite a few Islamic books...dnt know much about her other than that

it was an idea before but now Sr Ruqayya is confirmed...
you're another one who likes to have a go at me.... Smile

yeh thats cuz like others i dont like been ignored, you should have an automated response sayn somethin like this "i am not available cuz i am busy but i will get bak to you" that shud be for the pm's sent and the emails!

neway whats the sudden urge to post?

"Omrow" wrote:

2. And is she a Wahhabi.

That will only matter if u ask her questions on aqeeda...but she seems like she knows a lot bout youth, so she is defnitely needed to answer questions for the youth

"Hayder Hussain" wrote:

She is a convert. Was a guest on Shariah TV on Channel 4.

Omrow scared her away with sharp knives.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Look, if you write Sr Ruqaiyah, some people can interpret that as Señor Ruqaiyah!

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Courage wrote:
Look, if you write Sr Ruqaiyah, some people can interpret that as Señor Ruqaiyah!

Oiga camerero

¿Donde esta la biblioteca?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:
Courage wrote:

Oiga camerero

Ah, Señor Bell! Yaqub! Que tal? Estoy en un biblioteca en el momento!

Odio tu!

Just mucking around!

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Courage wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
Courage wrote:

Oiga camerero

Ah, Señor Bell! Yaqub! Que tal? Estoy en un biblioteca en el momento!

Odio tu!

Just mucking around!

Nice try, but you forgot the upside-down exclamation mark and question mark thingys.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Pages